News Dogs to bare teeth with $8.5 million war chest

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
People need to go watch that Aussie vs Tonga game where when the game was in the balance latrell was driven back twice in tackles and even threw the ball away on one next occassion... I know his considered an Inglis but damn it I have never seen that happen to Inglis... Latrell is a good player but his certainly not worth throwing big money if that's part of gauging his worth and certainly not worth throwing money for the sake of getting one back over roosters..:joycat:
22. Inglis wasn’t as good at 22 in my opinion.

Australia where shit and their pack got belted by a dominate pack.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Excluding Dwz cause he was a mid season signing, our biggest recruit for 2020 is Stimson Lol

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Besides Eels with RCG & Matterson, and the Cowboys with Masters & Holmes there aren't that many big name signings from other clubs to be honest.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Excluding Dwz cause he was a mid season signing, our biggest recruit for 2020 is Stimson Lol
You just don’t get the whole salary cap debacle do you.

Would you like me to draw you a picture?

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Australia where shit and their pack got belted by a dominate pack.
Dude Inglis won the Clive at the age of 20 scoring 2 tries in a final... Mitchell had an assist.

They did get belted but Mitchell looked like Jonathan Wright.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You just don’t get the whole salary cap debacle do you.

Would you like me to draw you a picture?
You were probably saying the same thing before we signed Dwz mid season, stop falling for that shit

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You must have an unbelievable opinion of Mitchell if you think he was better at 22 than Greg..

At 20 Inglis won the Clive Churchill medal with 2 tries in the Grand final and was named in the Storm team of the decade, at 21 he was named Dally M 5/8 of the year and also rep player of the year, at 22 he won The Wally Lewis medal and was again named rep player of the year..

Seriously, I know we would all like to see a gun player come to the dogs but I want one that wants to be here and who is a "real" competitor not a when he feels like it footballer.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
You were probably saying the same thing before we signed Dwz mid season, stop falling for that shit
Ah, but I didn't - so as usual you're shooting in the dark and coming up empty handed.

And you, future board member, alumni of the genius institute and no doubt very close to the inner sanctum at the club - have all the details on the salary cap position, correct?

If brains were dynamite you wouldn't blow your ears off.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
You must have an unbelievable opinion of Mitchell if you think he was better at 22 than Greg..

At 20 Inglis won the Clive Churchill medal with 2 tries in the Grand final and was named in the Storm team of the decade, at 21 he was named Dally M 5/8 of the year and also rep player of the year, at 22 he won The Wally Lewis medal and was again named rep player of the year..

Seriously, I know we would all like to see a gun player come to the dogs but I want one that wants to be here and who is a "real" competitor not a when he feels like it footballer.
Yep and latrell at 22 has been the top point scorer for the past 2 seasons. He’s dominated and played major roles in two grand final victories etc.

Inglis was in teams that where proven to have been cheating and unbelievable and future immortals to boot. Can’t say latrell is in a stacked roosters squad without looking at the likes there.

Again opinion.

The other side of it is like I said. Both had the same traits and issues coming through at this age.

Could drift in and out of games and their fitness was questioned at switching to fullback.

Inglis made one of the most dominate ones for a few years before his side and injuries caught up. Latrell at 22 has those years ahead in my opinion.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
People need to go watch that Aussie vs Tonga game where when the game was in the balance latrell was driven back twice in tackles and even threw the ball away on one next occassion... I know his considered an Inglis but damn it I have never seen that happen to Inglis... Latrell is a good player but his certainly not worth throwing big money if that's part of gauging his worth and certainly not worth throwing money for the sake of getting one back over roosters..:joycat:
The roosters don't lose players they want to keep - the fact they're willing to let him go a year early speaks volumes.

The guys in his early 20's and already talking about retiring and sitting on a farm - not really a driven person if you ask me and not the type of person we need as a marquee signing.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yep and latrell at 22 has been the top point scorer for the past 2 seasons. He’s dominated and played major roles in two grand final victories etc.

Inglis was in teams that where proven to have been cheating and unbelievable and future immortals to boot. Can’t say latrell is in a stacked roosters squad without looking at the likes there.

Again opinion.

The other side of it is like I said. Both had the same traits and issues coming through at this age.

Could drift in and out of games and their fitness was questioned at switching to fullback.

Inglis made one of the most dominate ones for a few years before his side and injuries caught up. Latrell at 22 has those years ahead in my opinion.
So.... 1 x Dally M centre of the year vs a Clive Churchill Medal, a Wally Lewis medal, 2 x rep player of the year, and Storm Team of the decade nomination.

Plus lets not forget 2017 against the Cows in the preliminary final his two kick off restarts out on the full which both led to tries for NQ. Roosters lost..

I am all for opinions, I happen to think Lachy Lewis is good for us which is unpopular around here and thats just an opinion.

But the achievements and awards by both at 22 speak for themselves.

AucklandDog

Kennel Established
Reaction score

Again opinion.

What drugs are you on?

Latrell is not in a stacked Roosters squad?

Hello Cronk

Hello Teddy

Hello Keary

You're fucking tripping

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Again opinion.

Latrell not in a stacked team?
Teddy
Cronk
Cordner
Manu
Hargreaves
Morris
Keary
Put the crack pipe down son

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
The roosters don't lose players they want to keep - the fact they're willing to let him go a year early speaks volumes.

The guys in his early 20's and already talking about retiring and sitting on a farm - not really a driven person if you ask me and not the type of person we need as a marquee signing.
When NRL players say these things about retirement and after footy, where they want be and all that stuff. You can’t take it to serious. They are getting interviewed and just saying the first thing that comes to mind. Footballers are a bit ditzy. I’m sure you don’t believe everything thing you read so don’t take Mitchell saying I want to retire at this age so serious. It’s just a kid talking shit

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score

Inglis would get Mitchell in a beer drinking contest also....easily.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
When NRL players say these things about retirement and after footy, where they want be and all that stuff. You can’t take it to serious. They are getting interviewed and just saying the first thing that comes to mind. Footballers are a bit ditzy. I’m sure you don’t believe everything thing you read so don’t take Mitchell saying I want to retire at this age so serious. It’s just a kid talking shit
I'm not sure if you read the article at the time.

He actually gives himself a deadline of 30 years of age and he admits he doesn't have the mental capacity to go beyond that time. It wasn't a throw away line, it was basically an article about his plans.

At the end of the day he's got 2 x premierships, played for NSW and Australia. There really can't be all that much driving him other than money at this stage.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
What drugs are you on?

Latrell is not in a stacked Roosters squad?

Hello Cronk

Hello Teddy

Hello Keary

You're fucking tripping
Read again and put the bong down.

I said you can’t say latrell is in a stacked squad and not mention Inglis was in a team proven to be cheating the cap.

Clearly latrell is in a stacked squad.... hello....

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Latrell not in a stacked team?
Teddy
Cronk
Cordner
Manu
Hargreaves
Morris