News Dogs to bare teeth with $8.5 million war chest

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Be down to around 6-7ish, with probably a couple more re-signings to come. Jacko/Hoppa?
Probably less than that for 2021, we have 15 already signed up, incl. CHN, DWZ & Big Papi (acc. to ZT). Once the other staples are added (Jacko, Hoppa etc) there'll be a few mill for half a doz or so.

2022, only 3 signed up (CHN, DWZ, Stimson), so $8m more probable for then.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Guys I did the maths a while ago using who I think we'll retain and for how much (not 100%, rough estimate because so many players) and I believe we'll have somewhere between 2-3m of 'talent' to add to our team and that was including resigning Foran for half his current contract (new injury probably ends his time at the club) and the other controversial players I had us keeping were Tolman and Elliott. The 'war chest' does thin a lot after resigning players but we're still going to have a decent amount. We also need to remember we want to keep about 2.5m for our 18-30 (reserves).

Last edited:

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Probably less than that for 2021, we have 15 already signed up, incl. CHN, DWZ & Big Papi (acc. to ZT). Once the other staples are added (Jacko, Hoppa etc) there'll be a few mill for half a doz or so.

2022, only 3 signed up (CHN, DWZ, Stimson), so $8m more probable for then.
Ok, didn't think we'd have many on high $$ though in 2021 so far. was thinking we may have 3-3.5 mil tied up (Didnt think we had 15 already) leaving around the 6 - 6.5mil left for the remainder, so probably drop that a touch. Most of the 2021 are lowish type contracts, bar DWZ, Napa and possibly CHN?
Either way I think we have plenty of room for at least one Marquee for 2021 = 1 mil and one close to it.

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
I think some people might have misinterpreted the use if the word "bare" :D

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This is getting boring and utterly disturbing...
We have the anti board kennelers whom right or wrong are criticizing them at every possible chance they get !
On the other hand we have the pro board kennelers that can't see through their blind support to them
After shedding almost our whole team we have lost sponsors including the major one and TPAs !
Only thing that unify us supporters is our passion for the Bulldogs !
To all I say...
Patience is a virtue but Promises must be delivered on schedule !
Our plans should always be kept secret...Especially from News Ltd !
They hate us and always worked on our demise !!!
Our foes should NEVER EVER KNOW our plans !!!
Just not too long ago we allowed the destructive outsiders like Greenturd and Hitler-Hasler and Castle
infiltrate our once supper united family club, now we are paying the price !
They tore the playing roster to shreds letting go of loyal players and signing their overpaid friends instead, destroyed our juniors system opting to go for mercenaries
Turned friends and family against each other at administration level ripping the Bulldogs family to shreds,
Yes I mean The Mortimers Andersons Hughses Kooreys Peponis Khoury Price Farrar Elias Dunn Dib
It worries me if we don't unit if we don't recognise and take advantage of the positives in all of us...we will never truly be a unified family club again.
Then I will acknowledge Greenturd & Hitler have succeeded :cry:

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Guys I did the maths a while ago using who I think we'll retain and for how much (not 100%, rough estimate because so many players) and I believe we'll have somewhere between 2-3m of 'talent' to add to our team and that was including resigning Foran for half his current contract (new injury probably ends his time at the club) and the other controversial players I had us keeping were Tolman and Elliott. The 'war chest' does thin a lot after resigning players but we're still going to have a decent amount. We also need to remember we want to keep about 2.5m for our 18-30 (reserves).
back off guys
he did the math

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Nope.

Feel latrell was the one tbh.
I think in time we'll see he wasn't the answer, just my gut feel.

He's one bad turn from going off the rails, we need a stable marquee player, players like the Turbos but they were never going to leave leave Manly. We can't tie up massive amounts of money in a player that's 50/50.

Overall I think there's still some pain before we see light at the end of the tunnel.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The best team in the comp all but picked him up from his house and drove him around to other clubs. What does that tell you?
The roosters were just trying to save face cause he wanted to leave and test the market fuck the roosters

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I think you’ve hit the nail on the head with agents, players and clubs all waiting to see what happens to funding & the cap after 2022

Agree so it is interesting to see a club like Manly which is 100% dependant on the NRL $13m grant (which is only guaranteed to 2022 and not increasing) go and offer the Turbo brothers a six year deal?

The NRL has increased their revenue a lot in recent years but I think they will struggle to keep revenue at its current level after the next TV deal is done. I have no idea about streaming and how much revenue the NRL will get from that however watching games on your phone or laptop isn't that good. I think revenue from betting agencies will be more and more important to the NRL going forward.

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Waiting for someone to post Valentine Holmes signs with the cowboys, even though Holmes is a good signing they can never replace Thurston and latrine to sign with tigers, their already fucked as they have Mbye, I still put us ahead of those two teams even without a major signing yet.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Waiting for someone to post Valentine Holmes signs with the cowboys, even though Holmes is a good signing they can never replace Thurston and latrine to sign with tigers, their already fucked as they have Mbye, I still put us ahead of those two teams even without a major signing yet.
Cowboys get taumalolo back
And Morgan back who where out large parts of the year.

Lost barba and McDonald who tucked them before kick off.

Add marsters and Holmes.

We add Stimson and lose Foran for the year.

We aren’t ahead of them.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
This is getting boring and utterly disturbing...
We have the anti board kennelers whom right or wrong are criticizing them at every possible chance they get !
On the other hand we have the pro board kennelers that can't see through their blind support to them
After shedding almost our whole team we have lost sponsors including the major one and TPAs !
Only thing that unify us supporters is our passion for the Bulldogs !
To all I say...
Patience is a virtue but Promises must be delivered on schedule !
Our plans should always be kept secret...Especially from News Ltd !
They hate us and always worked on our demise !!!
Our foes should NEVER EVER KNOW our plans !!!
Just not too long ago we allowed the destructive outsiders like Greenturd and Hitler-Hasler and Castle
infiltrate our once supper united family club, now we are paying the price !
They tore the playing roster to shreds letting go of loyal players and signing their overpaid friends instead, destroyed our juniors system opting to go for mercenaries
Turned friends and family against each other at administration level ripping the Bulldogs family to shreds,
Yes I mean The Mortimers Andersons Hughses Kooreys Peponis Khoury Price Farrar Elias Dunn Dib
It worries me if we don't unit if we don't recognise and take advantage of the positives in all of us...we will never truly be a unified family club again.
Then I will acknowledge Greenturd & Hitler have succeeded :cry:
Really good post mate.
Wish there were more like it.

I lob grenades at the nay-sayers and posts that toddlers could write better - but it’s not because I’m ‘pro-board’ - it’s because baying for blood now will either put us back or slow down the recovery process even further.

I’ve said on here many times - we are not out of the wilderness yet and we have to give them more time.

I have no agenda - just a realistic time frame to repair the extensive damage done by those you named above.

I’ll be all for replacing every single one of the directors by Feb 2022 if we don’t see significant steps forward in the next 18 months.

You’re right - we should stick together - we all want the same thing - a successful and winning footy team.

Sad to see Dogs fans turn on each other because we’re frustrated with the slow road back from rugby league hell. But I believe we will rise again.

Cheers

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
back off guys
he did the math
Yes back off when I said by all means it's not 100% and a rough estimate. I'd just like to know what we're somewhat dealing with instead of being blind. That's the real reason why your dp suits you. Blind like Montoya on Mad Monday.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Really good post mate.
Wish there were more like it.

I lob grenades at the nay-sayers and posts that toddlers could write better - but it’s not because I’m ‘pro-board’ - it’s because baying for blood now will either put us back or slow down the recovery process even further.

I’ve said on here many times - we are not out of the wilderness yet and we have to give them more time.

I have no agenda - just a realistic time frame to repair the extensive damage done by those you named above.

I’ll be all for replacing every single one of the directors by Feb 2022 if we don’t see significant steps forward in the next 18 months.

You’re right - we should stick together - we all want the same thing - a successful and winning footy team.

Sad to see Dogs fans turn on each other because we’re frustrated with the slow road back from rugby league hell. But I believe we will rise again.

Cheers
Our misery started at the turn of the century when we rebelled against News Ltd and channel 9 refusing to sign off Souths Sydney.
Despite winning the 2004 GF they have managed to bully us on the field and off it.
As a result we have suffered the consequence for almost two decades, therefore we can't be blamed for being too anxious but what is most important is making the right decisions, personally I have no issues giving the board till 2022 but they need to show us some very very solid improvements before then.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yes back off when I said by all means it's not 100% and a rough estimate. I'd just like to know what we're somewhat dealing with instead of being blind. That's the real reason why your dp suits you. Blind like Montoya on Mad Monday.
Thats not montoya in my DP

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Our misery started at the turn of the century when we rebelled against News Ltd and channel 9 refusing to sign off Souths Sydney.
Despite winning the 2004 GF they have managed to bully us on the field and off it.
As a result we have suffered the consequence for almost two decades, therefore we can't be blamed for being too anxious but what is most important is making the right decisions, personally I have no issues giving the board till 2022 but they need to show us some very very solid improvements before then.
Which may speak to some of the frustrations of the fans (and trolls).
There's this crazy belief that the club is doing nothing when I believe it's the opposite.
They are being very careful and information is shared with very few in an effort to stop the likes of News Limited (appropriate name - offer very limited news) getting hold of it.
It's likely driving scumbags like Rothfield and co. crazy because they can't get their scoops - so then they make stuff up like Frawley is coming back just to have something to write and to get the fans into a negative frenzy.

I also think it's why we're being selective with player managers - sorting the wheat from the chaff and ensuring we don't re-introduce rats into the ranks.

So much for the ARL Commission being the end of News Ltd running the game. They still own the Storm and Broncos and clearly have influence at the highest levels - something our club needs to be (and appears to be) very wary of.
In my view the directors have until 2021 (including significant improvements for season 2021) to show us clear steps forward - otherwise I think everyone would agree they'd need replacing.

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
TBH the turbo bros were the ones to get in this years crop. Rest had a lot of baggage coming with them or were way overpriced. I think Jackson is a priority at this point. Clearly we need to start getting some quality juniors on the production line as Cleal fucked it up the bung hole badly.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think in time we'll see he wasn't the answer, just my gut feel.

He's one bad turn from going off the rails, we need a stable marquee player, players like the Turbos but they were never going to leave leave Manly. We can't tie up massive amounts of money in a player that's 50/50.

Overall I think there's still some pain before we see light at the end of the tunnel.
People need to go watch that Aussie vs Tonga game where when the game was in the balance latrell was driven back twice in tackles and even threw the ball away on one next occassion... I know his considered an Inglis but damn it I have never seen that happen to Inglis... Latrell is a good player but his certainly not worth throwing big money if that's part of gauging his worth and certainly not worth throwing money for the sake of getting one back over roosters..:joycat: