News Dogs to bare teeth with $8.5 million war chest

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
So if everyone has an $8M war chest, wouldn't that drop the value of $8M?

Doesn't really matter how much money we have if everyone else has it too.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Our board talking shit, they got no idea
Another profound and insightful post from the smartest guy in the room!

Everyone, applause for @AlzzBulldog, who has just declared his candidacy for the Canterbury Bankstown Rugby League Football Club board election in February.

His strategic brilliance will amaze you as he:

- Signs the biggest names in the game
- Secures a new major sponsor
- Solves the remaining salary cap problem
- Takes over as Head Coach

All before lunch!

A born leader - an inspirational, positive speaking motivator who makes Einstein look average - he and his team (@no1bulldog has joined, others to follow) will restore the Dogs to immediate glory where the current directors and executives have failed so badly.

Vote 1 @AlzzBulldog - then watch in awe as the collective IQ of the board room goes down faster than a $2 hooker.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lets go totally left field and go to the USA and sign one of their NFL monsters as a bench player.
Newtown jets did in the late 70's with a bloke called Manfred Moore. One if Singos wild ideas..

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
So if everyone has an $8M war chest, wouldn't that drop the value of $8M?

Doesn't really matter how much money we have if everyone else has it too.
no one else has $8M freed up, I think it was reported Souths might have $3M with Inglis and Burgess gone

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
"The cap opening up" how is that?
NRL salary cap is $9.8m for 2020, $9.9m for 2021 & $10m for 2022.

That is less than inflation & inflation is low.

Also the NRL face the very real prospect that their next free to air rights deal will be much less.
Sorry, poorly phrased, I meant specifically the dogs cap, per the original message of the thread, with untold millions of space available for the 2021 season.

I reckon that the Dogs were interested in LM, but when it became apparent that Chooks would let Mitchell go a season early, we've come out right away and said no dice because we aren't able/willing to commit to a LM sized pay packet in the 2020 season.

Which leads to my point. Which top level players currently have a contract ending at the end of 2021? If we target them from Nov 1 2020, their club might release them a season early like the chooks are with LM, and bingo, we don't have to wait til 2022 to get them into the squad.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Another profound and insightful post from the smartest guy in the room!

Everyone, applause for @AlzzBulldog, who has just declared his candidacy for the Canterbury Bankstown Rugby League Football Club board election in February.

His strategic brilliance will amaze you as he:

- Signs the biggest names in the game
- Secures a new major sponsor
- Solves the remaining salary cap problem
- Takes over as Head Coach

All before lunch!

A born leader - an inspirational, positive speaking motivator who makes Einstein look average - he and his team (@no1bulldog has joined, others to follow) will restore the Dogs to immediate glory where the current directors and executives have failed so badly.

Vote 1 @AlzzBulldog - then watch in awe as the collective IQ of the board room goes down faster than a $2 hooker.
Shoosh lynn

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I know things can change quickly and players move on from clubs but is there any really decent players on the market for 2021 anyway.

I've had a brief look at the list and there's some good players, I'm not sure I'd consider many marquees or players capable of influencing others to come to the club.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I know things can change quickly and players move on from clubs but is there any really decent players on the market for 2021 anyway.

I've had a brief look at the list and there's some good players, I'm not sure I'd consider many marquees or players capable of influencing others to come to the club.
Nope.

Feel latrell was the one tbh.

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Yep, as much a Mitchell is paying a little overs, we’ve missed Turbos Fifita Frizell Manu and a few others. I honestly think we should have paid that extra 100 to 200k to snag him. We aren’t going to have much to pick from 2021 and McGuire appears to see something in him.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
He was always the one, and the best opportunity to get one back over the roosters for fucking our team post 2004, im sure they didnt hesitate, our fans are just fucktards
The best team in the comp all but picked him up from his house and drove him around to other clubs. What does that tell you?