So who here on The kennel is a fan of Jeff Wayne’s The War of the Worlds?

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I know it’s old school but recite your favourite line from The War of the Worlds kennellers! In regards to our beloved Bulldogs I’ll start off... In a brave new world with just a handful of men, we’ll start all over again... start all over again!

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well aren’t you one lucky motherf**cker! Would’ve given my left nut to meet the shit talkin ****! Love Rampage legend of UFC!
Haha, yeah he's one of my favourite fighters. Dude says some funny shit. I was just lucky the hotel me and my mates were staying at was the same hotel the fighters were staying at so got to meet a heap of them which was pretty sweet. I was stoked though to met Rampage as i didn't know he was going to even be there. Cool bloke to chat to, sat at the hotel bar with him chatting for about 30 minutes or so.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Haven't listened to that version since my uni days, so I can't recall any quotes. But the 2005 movie version was pretty underwhelming.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Haven't listened to that version since my uni days, so I can't recall any quotes. But the 2005 movie version was pretty underwhelming.
I thought it started off great but then just died in the ass.. Typical script writing by David Koepp..

Last edited:

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
These are my favorites :

The Eve Of The War & Forever Autumn Medley

Thunder Child

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That Dakota Fanning character was so farking annoying by halfway through the movie I was barracking for the Martians.

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Agree! The movie was shit, typical yanks to fuck it up and make it all about them and Tom Cruise! That movie didn’t need an A list hollywood actor the story should have been enough, disgraceful acting and the story was thin! Me and my ole man wanted to lynch Speilberg for that disastrous debacle they call a movie, very unoriginal. My dad brought me up listening to that soundtrack used to scare the shite out of me when I was a tacker but loved it, took him to the stage show back in 2005 which was just awesome!

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Agree! The movie was shit, typical yanks to fuck it up and make it all about them and Tom Cruise! That movie didn’t need an A list hollywood actor the story should have been enough, disgraceful acting and the story was thin! Me and my ole man wanted to lynch Speilberg for that disastrous debacle they call a movie, very unoriginal. My dad brought me up listening to that soundtrack used to scare the shite out of me when I was a tacker but loved it, took him to the stage show back in 2005 which was just awesome!
I never watched the movie purely for the fact that Tom Cruise was in it. Never rated him as an actor.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
For me the script was crap..as I said before..to me it started off well but then the whole father-son-daughter relationship angle was just a load of crap..and poorly done.. The book is great..and How awesome was the original radio play with Orson Welles done like news flashes..even though each broadcast began with saying it was fiction.. It still caused mass hysteria!

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Music was good, never watched the movie as didn’t want to fuck up the good memories of listening to it..!!

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
On Halloween eve in 1938, the power of radio was on full display when a dramatization of the science-fiction novel "The War of the Worlds" scared the daylights out of many of CBS radio's nighttime listeners.