Opinion We should....

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
So What is your view......

If let's say Averillo for arguments sake becomes worthy being close to a million dollar player in the next couple of years playing with the dogs.
Does the club resign him at a million at contract time or let him go???
Taking into consideration he would have been close to our best player for those couple of years.
I hope that happens. If we breed them, if they're loyal, if they're playing great footy, pay them all we can afford, as long as we don't end up in the same steaming pile of financial shite we'll soon emerge from.

Two things I don't like in business: Band-aids and people over believing their worth, or that they're not replaceable.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Only player in the NRL I'd take at fb and push dwz out is Tedesco. But any club would, he's the best player in the game currently. Since its not going to happen dwz should feel safe at fb
So you wouldn’t take turbo, rts or Ponga at fullback over dwz???
Keep in mind dwz is my fav player but he doesn’t even come close to any of the above

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Then if I can politely take you to task on the band- aid solution.
Isn't it then true ,that if the club was to spend the 350k (forans money) on a frawley, etc , as has been mooted ...would that not be a short term band - aid fix ?

Would you not rather use that money on top of what we may already have available in cap space to secure say an Anthony milford for a longer term deal?
I hope that happens. If we breed them, if they're loyal, if they're playing great footy, pay them all we can afford, as long as we don't end up in the same steaming pile of financial shite we'll soon emerge from.

Two things I don't like in business: Band-aids and people over believing their worth, or that they're not replaceable.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Isn't it then true ,that if the club was to spend the 350k (forans money) on a frawley, etc , as has been mooted ...would that not be a short term band - aid fix ?

Would you not rather use that money on top of what we may already have available in cap space to secure say an Anthony milford for a longer term deal?
Be interested to see what Milford would take, not that I think he'd be a saviour for us or anything. He isn't worth the price tag he's currently getting. Bit off that for me tbh.
Broncs would pay a bit too...

Im not into Band aid solutions either. Which is why I think Foran shouldn't play for us again even if fit halfway through next season.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s great to see a great majority of our supporters come out and celebrate mediocrity
If my suggestion of signing a very good player to improve this team bothers you ahaha, go fucken support the titans
I think your comment about celebrating mediocrity is wrong, We signed a top coach on millions who was going to win us 2 premierships in 3 years and what happened.
He signed Fifita whose only contribution was to say that he didn't know why he signed with us because he had always hated our club.
He then signed T Rex, Woods, Foran all on big money, back ended payments to average players. No one can deny that our club has been a mess ever since.
Wining is what we all want, but I would rather cautious mediocrity than failed stupidity.

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think your comment about celebrating mediocrity is wrong, We signed a top coach on millions who was going to win us 2 premierships in 3 years and what happened.
He signed Fifita whose only contribution was to say that he didn't know why he signed with us because he had always hated our club.
He then signed T Rex, Woods, Foran all on big money, back ended payments to average players. No one can deny that our club has been a mess ever since.
Wining is what we all want, but I would rather cautious mediocrity than failed stupidity.
The best thing we can do from that mistake is learn from it! Also never give a coach the amount of power we gave Hasler!

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mate, one could also argue that our own bullfrog Moore went on a huge spending spree at the end of 1983..

Warren ryan, Terry lamb , Peter tunks, Brian battesse, Jimmy leis, mark budgen , billy johnstone, paul langmack the list goes on there were many players

We won in 84 and 85 then again in 88.

Give me a break

So we should only learn from our mistakes...what about our past success

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score

Well, two things:

1) I said on this forum upon the Frawley rumour breaking that it was the most depressing sentence I’d read all year. Truly hope they don’t do that. But I don’t think we will - I was at Belmore when we played the Titans in 2018 and he was deadset dreadful. Lynne and Chris Anderson were sitting not far from me and although they kept their poker faces, must’ve been as appalled as the rest of us. No way they could seriously consider bringing him back and anyway I don’t believe the Frawley rumour - more media speculation on a slow news day would be my guess.

2) A couple of days ago you suggested to me some names including Xerri, Addo-Carr etc and suggested a fair price for them might be around $600k to which I agreed.

So that should answer your question about what I believe would be best done with Foran’s money plus whatever we have left in the cap, which I don’t know how much it is and won’t speculate.

I don’t mind spending money where there’s value - you go cheap you get rubbish but you overspend and you get buyer’s remorse.

There’s usually always something in between.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Mate, one could also argue that our own bullfrog Moore went on a huge spending spree at the end of 1983..

Warren ryan, Terry lamb , Peter tunks, Brian battesse, Jimmy leis, mark budgen , billy johnstone, paul langmack the list goes on there were many players

Give me a break

No salary cap back then and also players weren’t professionals and had jobs.

Also players back then didn’t believe their own hype and try to exit contracts early and chase massive dollars elsewhere.

Two very different sets of circumstances the 1980’s to now - I don’t think you can compare them at all.

Cartel

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

So Hooper or Boozefield or whoever the fuck came out saying we are chasing Frawley and so on, is gospel?

You ***** getting your panties tangled over rumours spat out by media whores

kungfuman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Give me a break

But we didn't get a salary cap until 98 and had a rich club that was allowed to spend big its not the same?

axeman23

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I’m 100% sure some players read fan comments
All well and good, but then you have another large portion of Kennel members who seem to do nothing but bag our EXISTING players, and agitate to buy every shiny new thing on the market. If your argument is true, then couldn't potential new signings be thinking: "If I don't come flying out of the gates, these guys are gonna turn on me within 6 months of signing!"?

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Bwahahahhaha and who the fuck are you, posting on here fuck all and thinking you have some sort of input bwahahaha run along motherfucker
Just cause you've been posting garbage since an earlier date doesn't make you any better haha.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
We should....

All go to the pub and have a snitty and a schooner, have a punt and watch some cricket. The off season around here is hurting my head...
You will not tempt me the evils of the world.