Opinion We should....

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The biggest issue with bringing Kevin Moore back now would be that it would result in calls of nepotism. And from memory he copped a lot of flack for his final season here from fans too.

You don't have to have faith in the current board. But they've picked up some quality players without trumpeting that there were negotiations underway beforehand. It wasn't a well kept secret that DWZ was in our sights. But Napa and CHN were signed pretty quietly. I've got no idea who we have negotiations with. But it's of little interest to me if we don't get the signing across the line. I'm not giving the board undue credit yet. I appreciate the signings they've made thus far under difficult circumstances.

Time will give us a better idea of whether they'll get a pass mark. It just seems very premature to write them off because they baulked at staying aboard the hype train regarding Mitchell.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Nah champ! Every club's strength starts at the administration level, front and back office! Hire some people with some balls who know what their doing and we could win back to back to back premierships!

If the Roosters can do what they do on the field then it's time show what the bulldogs can do on it also. We've won nothing in 15 years they've won 3. Smart people who run a club in the same competition would ask why, and do something about it, not twiddle their thumbs and alow a coach, 2 apprentice CEO's and a chairman with no idea how to run what used to be one of the most professional and ruthless run clubs in Australia!
ANd you expect that this 'flexing of muscles' in the administration side of things should've been done already?

Look, not going to go into the board make up, appointments etc. here as I've talked about that elsewhere. Could we have got more experienced board members than Thomas and Mortimer? Maybe. I personally have seen the club making a lot of changes behind the scenes across all levels. Will they all be right? No, but it takes time to see what decisions are right and which are wrong.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nah champ! Every club's strength starts at the administration level, front and back office! Hire some people with some balls who know what their doing and we could win back to back to back premierships!

If the Roosters can do what they do on the field then it's time show what the bulldogs can do on it also. We've won nothing in 15 years they've won 3. Smart people who run a club in the same competition would ask why, and do something about it, not twiddle their thumbs and alow a coach, 2 apprentice CEO's and a chairman with no idea how to run what used to be one of the most professional and ruthless run clubs in Australia!
The big difference is that the Roosters are media darlings, therefore they will always be able to get away with anything, plus Politis with his un-measurable ego will use his own money to help with the salary. While our club would be crucified for squatting a fly.

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
ANd you expect that this 'flexing of muscles' in the administration side of things should've been done already?

Look, not going to go into the board make up, appointments etc. here as I've talked about that elsewhere. Could we have got more experienced board members than Thomas and Mortimer? Maybe. I personally have seen the club making a lot of changes behind the scenes across all levels. Will they all be right? No, but it takes time to see what decisions are right and which are wrong.
The big difference is that the Roosters are media darlings, therefore they will always be able to get away with anything, plus Politis with his un-measurable ego will use his own money to help with the salary. While our club would be crucified for squatting a fly.
We all know how hard it would be to run a club and make it successfully continuously, it's complicated. But our history says we've done it multiple times and we are bloody good at it! We have the funding to compete with anyone in the competition. All I'm saying is, it's time to look for personnel to compete with the Roosters. They're not the only club that can have people like they do behind the scenes. We need to think outside the box and look at getting similar type of people if not better then what they have. Whether its hiring someone from within the media and putting them in our back pocket. Having smart businessmen on our board who are well connected. Murdoch for example was able to help south's get back to their feet. These are the type of decisions we need to be making.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
On the back of Ben barba ( from fullback) we made some grand finals..
Maybe latrell can do the same, the guy is brilliant

With barba We had a shit halfback,Kris Keating, or the injured iceman and a pedestrian hooker .....

But nearly won 2 premierships
Latrell can't do it lol. His frame and explosive power is his strength but he simply can't maintain that at fullback. Barba was buzzing all over the pitch in attack.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We all know how hard it would be to run a club and make it successfully continuously, it's complicated. But our history says we've done it multiple times and we are bloody good at it! We have the funding to compete with anyone in the competition. All I'm saying is, it's time to look for personnel to compete with the Roosters. They're not the only club that can have people like they do behind the scenes. We need to think outside the box and look at getting similar type of people if not better then what they have. Whether its hiring someone from within the media and putting them in our back pocket. Having smart businessmen on our board who are well connected. Murdoch for example was able to help south's get back to their feet. These are the type of decisions we need to be making.
All very good, but the competition is much stronger now than it was 20,30, 40 years ago things are very different now, and it appears that even News LTD are not our friends.
Perhaps if we've got smart business person on our board, he could go right to the top and have a friendly with Rupert or Lachlan, because Ch9 will always support the Roosters, even at the expense of the game itself.

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Swoop on valentine holmes as we speak
Latrell is apparently in north queensland touring cowboys facility, we should do whatever we can to entice holmes while hes available
Now why would we do that, when we said no to latrell cause he wanted to play fullback....

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
All very good, but the competition is much stronger now than it was 20,30, 40 years ago things are very different now, and it appears that even News LTD are not our friends.
Perhaps if we've got smart business person on our board, he could go right to the top and have a friendly with Rupert or Lachlan, because Ch9 will always support the Roosters, even at the expense of the game itself.
I agree 100%, but we have to find another way, there has to be another way. The club needs to expand their thinking from other than what we are doing at the moment. As was mentioned bringing in Kevin Moore would be a great start.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree 100%, but we have to find another way, there has to be another way. The club needs to expand their thinking from other than what we are doing at the moment. As was mentioned bringing in Kevin Moore would be a great start.
Jokes are OK, but I like the idea of having some of Bullfrogs blood around the place, after all look what Hassler did to our club.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We should ban this **** from making threads, posting, or even reading the kennel.

absolute garbage content from this bloke.
Bwahahahhaha and who the fuck are you, posting on here fuck all and thinking you have some sort of input bwahahaha run along motherfucker

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Ahhh... the school holidays must be upon us.

Cartel

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We should

kidnap you

blind fold you

take you around the back

and

pull your pants down

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It’s great to see a great majority of our supporters come out and celebrate mediocrity
If my suggestion of signing a very good player to improve this team bothers you ahaha, go fucken support the titans