Conspiracy theory ...

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
And actually, on the topic of cologne/after shave/men parfum - as a heterosexual male, I am more than happy to abdicate the purchase of these products to the important women in my life - family, close female friends, fuck buddies, girlfriends, wives, whatever. I actually had to double check just now what i;m even currently using (something by Aesop for those playing at home - I swear Mrs CD secretly has shared in that company).

Any man who is willing to spend lengthy periods of timing sniffing samples at their local chemist and/or is an expert in this area, i'm going to suspect is a tad, er, "fruity"...

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I only know of this stuff as my lesbian sister in law goes through gallons of it. It's basically one of the essentials when we go to Mrs CD homeland to visit.

Edit: I have no idea why I shared this information tbh .
Do they still sell it?

Used to love it as it was fresh smelling. Don't like the sweet smelling stuff.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Do they still sell it?

Used to love it as it was fresh smelling. Don't like the sweet smelling stuff.
Must do. It seems part of Mrs cds annual vitamin/perfume/baby formula shop (she needs to spend $300 To get the GST back).

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My favourite conspiracy theory is the Jetpack.

Technology conceived in the 1950s, developed in the 60s but never advanced or mass produced? And the theory behind that is, the development of a jetpack for personal use would have resulted in - no more cars means no more roads, no roads means no interconnecting suburbs and no need for current infrastructure, new suburbs would have been developed to be self sufficient and self sustaining. Society would be completely different to what it is now had the development of a personal use jetpack been realised.

Banned
Reaction score
Admit it,it was old spice or brute wasn't it?
Brut 33, the watered down version of the original :P

20 years ago... Joop!?
If we're guessing, I'd hazard a guess that it was Jean Paul Gaultier le male, blue boost comes across as that type of person.
Back in the day, I was rocking an aquatic fougere designed by Tom Ford when still at Gucci :grinning:
Gucci - Nobile
The big brother to Gucci - Envy :grinning:

kungfuman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chemist Warehouse sell open containers of medicine, and refuse to exchange/refund when you seek to return it for that reason!
So considering that, I would not at all be surprised if they're knockoff's, or damaged stock that's not been stored correctly.

That being said, vintage perfumes actually age quite well if stored correctly.
I've for example, a 70+ year old bottle of Houbigant - Fougere Royale, which is stronger, richer and has a better profile that old, than the modern rendition.
A LOT of your favourite after shaves, colognes and parfumes underwent a reformulation about 10 years ago, in order to meet EU allergens requirements brought in, and lost silage and longevity in the process.
So oft people reminisce an old favourite and the current formula smells nothing like it.
Also, a lot of people are not aware of the different essential/fragerence oil strengths that are released for the same product.
Toilet water, After Shave, Eau de Cologne, Cologne, Parfume, Parfume Extract; iirc are in order from weakest to strongest, so if you previously had EDC and were gifted AS, it's not going to last as long.

Hope this helps.
Also, if anyone is willing to spend for a quality product, I can not recommend Australian Private Reserve products highly enough.
Made in Sydney by a solicitor as a hobby to create accords and profiles that he desired to wear, so only the best ingredients are utilised.
His products resemble great value when compared to French Parfume Houses pricing.
Good to have a dogs supporter from Bondi

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Chemist Warehouse sell open containers of medicine, and refuse to exchange/refund when you seek to return it for that reason!
So considering that, I would not at all be surprised if they're knockoff's, or damaged stock that's not been stored correctly.

That being said, vintage perfumes actually age quite well if stored correctly.
I've for example, a 70+ year old bottle of Houbigant - Fougere Royale, which is stronger, richer and has a better profile that old, than the modern rendition.
A LOT of your favourite after shaves, colognes and parfumes underwent a reformulation about 10 years ago, in order to meet EU allergens requirements brought in, and lost silage and longevity in the process.
So oft people reminisce an old favourite and the current formula smells nothing like it.
Also, a lot of people are not aware of the different essential/fragerence oil strengths that are released for the same product.
Toilet water, After Shave, Eau de Cologne, Cologne, Parfume, Parfume Extract; iirc are in order from weakest to strongest, so if you previously had EDC and were gifted AS, it's not going to last as long.

Hope this helps.
Also, if anyone is willing to spend for a quality product, I can not recommend Australian Private Reserve products highly enough.
Made in Sydney by a solicitor as a hobby to create accords and profiles that he desired to wear, so only the best ingredients are utilised.
His products resemble great value when compared to French Parfume Houses pricing.
You are the @Hacky McAxe Of perfume knowledge.. This turned me on lol

Reactions: 086

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I only know of this stuff as my lesbian sister in law goes through gallons of it. It's basically one of the essentials when we go to Mrs CD homeland to visit.

Edit: I have no idea why I shared this information tbh .
Somehow I think you're subconsciously calling @ASSASSIN a lesbian. Could be an unresolved Issue you have with him or it could be a primal instinctive attack to gain alpha male status.

Edit: disclaimer , I may be wrong

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Somehow I think you're subconsciously calling @ASSASSIN a lesbian. Could be an unresolved Issue you have with him or it could be a primal instinctive attack to gain alpha male status.

Edit: disclaimer , I may be wrong
I'm a raging lesbian, I love chicks!

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
In self defence classes why do they pair up people of similar size and weight. ???

On the street you don't really get into a beef with only people of your size and weight. It's completely random.

They should just pick names from a hat and you have to fight whoever..

If your a midget and you pick out the big lumberjack then it's a long night (excuse the pun)

What's the conspiracy? The coach wants the shrimp to think he can fight so he keeps coming back to pay for more lessons..

One session against a big lumberjack and a true street random fight, he won't come back after back to back beatings

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
In self defence classes why do they pair up people of similar size and weight. ???

On the street you don't really get into a beef with only people of your size and weight. It's completely random.

They should just pick names from a hat and you have to fight whoever..

If your a midget and you pick out the big lumberjack then it's a long night (excuse the pun)

What's the conspiracy? The coach wants the shrimp to think he can fight so he keeps coming back to pay for more lessons..

One session against a big lumberjack and a true street random fight, he won't come back after back to back beatings
Oh but didn't you know? A guy who is 5"5 and jacked up is a match against a 6"7 guy who took several beatings from his adult brother in his youth?

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh but didn't you know? A guy who is 5"5 and jacked up is a match against a 6"7 guy who took several beatings from his adult brother in his youth?
The benefit that short people have is they always think someone is trying to pick a fight with them even if they are just saying hello. They are angry inside and likely to throw the first punch. The element of surprise is their best friend

Whereas bigger people feel more in control and aren't on edge.

I honestly think if I was to fight a small guy, after they throw a few combinations that have no impact and I smack/swat them to the floor, I could start giggling and smirk at their feeble attempts. Giving them another chance (little buggers haha)

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
The benefit that short people have is they always think someone is trying to pick a fight with them even if they are just saying hello. They are angry inside and likely to throw the first punch. The element of surprise is their best friend

Whereas bigger people feel more in control and aren't on edge.

I honestly think if I was to fight a small guy, after they throw a few combinations that have no impact and I smack/swat them to the floor, I could start giggling and smirk at their feeble attempts. Giving them another chance (little buggers haha)

There is nothing worse than a Brazilian Jui Jitsu fighter in my opinion.
For some reason a majority of people who practice BJJ are oozing with over confidence?

From my own experience,over confidence and underestimating your opponent can be your downfall!

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Saw the title and expected something interesting.. who cares

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is nothing worse than a Brazilian Jui Jitsu fighter in my opinion.
For some reason a majority of people who practice BJJ are oozing with over confidence?

From my own experience,over confidence and underestimating your opponent can be your downfall!

That’s true, even after 5 lessons they think they should be ranked 4 in line for a world title shot.

there was this little bloke the other day, flabby bloke telling others about the differences between BJj and wrestling, boxing etc. everyone standing there was rolling their eyes .

he needed someone to spontaneously Grab him and throw him up against the ropes so he rebounds back wwe style and Clothes line him, leave him as roadkill

Last edited:

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
That’s true, even after 5 lessons they think they should be ranked 4 in line for a world title shot.

there was this little bloke the other day, flabby bloke telling others about the differences between BJj and wrestling, boxing etc. everyone standing there was rolling their eyes .

he needed someone to spontaneously Grab him and throw him up against the ropes so he rebounds back wwe style and launch a shoulder charge at him, leave him as road kill
Another thing, a lot of people who train in martial arts don’t consider about a street fight or brawl is, there’s generally no rules or referee to break submissions!

Banned
Reaction score

he needed someone to spontaneously Grab him and throw him up against the ropes so he rebounds back wwe style and Clothes line him, leave him as roadkill
Why didn't you?
You talk the talk, so surely you also walk the walk, right?
Or are you just a massive troll?