News New Sponsor for Dogs

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Bulldogs fan here:
Hitachi is apart of a trillion dollar company. Good one to have for potential down the track to become major sponsor
They make all sorts of electrical goods, up to and including high speed trains - something this country could do with.

I've ridden their "Javelin" trains in the UK. They share the same tracks as the Eurostar TGV out of St. Pancras using the European overhead alternating current; and can change over to the direct current third rail, then run on existing British Rail tracks. Clever stuff.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
They're essentially the same car. Both come from the same factory, with the same engines; and both have tuned suspension specifically designed for Australian roads. Really, the body shell is the only difference, and the extra two years warranty for the Kia.
Didn’t KIA sprout from the old Daewoo factory?
Was Hyundai related to Daewoo too?

Anyway, no premiership with KIA like Hyundai - and I blame the ugly red logo - though I was told KIA paid a premium for having more jersey space than the previous two major sponsors.

Not bad for our allegedly useless board!

Banned
Reaction score
Look at the companies under the wing of VAG (Volkswagen Auto Group).
The potential for both with TPA's alone.
Would be who I'd be courting to sponsor us if in that position.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Look at the companies under the wing of VAG (Volkswagen Auto Group).
The potential for both with TPA's alone.
Would be who I'd be courting to sponsor us if in that position.
Especially because they own Lamborghini. Lambo is owned by Audi which 99.7% is owned by VAG.

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Didn’t KIA sprout from the old Daewoo factory?
Was Hyundai related to Daewoo too?

Anyway, no premiership with KIA like Hyundai - and I blame the ugly red logo - though I was told KIA paid a premium for having more jersey space than the previous two major sponsors.

Not bad for our allegedly useless board!
Hyundai Motor Group is the parent company of Kia. Hyundai bought out the Kia Motor Corp. in 1997. The Hyundai Group is a massive conglomerate involved heavy industries, shipbuilding, construction & engineering & real estate to name a few. Hyundai is a major sponsor of FIFA.
One of the ex Board Members (not Dib) had a close commercial relationship with Hyundai internationally.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Can someone please send this to Wicked Sister?

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Hyundai Motor Group is the parent company of Kia. Hyundai bought out the Kia Motor Corp. in 1997. The Hyundai Group is a massive conglomerate involved heavy industries, shipbuilding, construction & engineering & real estate to name a few. Hyundai is a major sponsor of FIFA.
One of the ex Board Members (not Dib) had a close commercial relationship with Hyundai internationally.
Thanks. I could’ve Googled it, but...

BlackJackBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
A lot of Chinese companies have been sponsoring teams around the world these day...
Gotta wanda?
Screenshot_20191118-131456.jpg

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Unprofessional ***** cant even post a picture of the sponsors logo in the link shared on socials... Our club is so fucking stupid honestly

Last edited:

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Unprofessional ***** **** even post a picture of the sponsors logo in the link shared on socials... Our club is so fucking stupid honestly
And that’s automatically the clubs fault?

Who’s to say there’s not something in the agreement that this happens later:

- When the 2020 kit is unveiled (could be tied to a major sponsor announcement)

- Hitachi could be having a branding refresh to be unveiled in early 2020

Both of those are guesses but the bottom line is there’s likely good reason for it and the reason is not ‘the club is stupid’.

Baffles me how the knives come out so quickly from people with so little information.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
And that’s automatically the clubs fault?

Who’s to say there’s not something in the agreement that this happens later:

- When the 2020 kit is unveiled (could be tied to a major sponsor announcement)

- Hitachi could be having a branding refresh to be unveiled in early 2020

Both of those are guesses but the bottom line is there’s likely good reason for it and the reason is not ‘the club is stupid’.

Baffles me how the knives come out so quickly from people with so little information.
Yeah well old off announcing the sponsor until then duh... Can use your same argument here for people who constantly want to defend the club even when they are piss poor.

If the logo was to change perhaps a link to their website or something even ... I'd be pissed if if poured money into a joint who can't get basic media duties right lol

Banned
Reaction score
Especially because they own Lamborghini. Lambo is owned by Audi which 99.7% is owned by VAG.
Volkswagen owns Audi, Lamborghini, Bugatti, Porsche, Bentley, Ducati, Seat, Skoda, Scania and MAN.

Imagine being a potential recruit, picked up in a Bentley, to arrive at Belmore, to be confronted with a Bugatti or two, several Lamborghini's and Porsche's, a Ducati or two and several Audi's?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Volkswagen owns Audi, Lamborghini, Bugatti, Porsche, Bentley, Ducati, Seat, Skoda, Scania and MAN.

Imagine being a potential recruit, picked up in a Bentley, to arrive at Belmore, to be confronted with a Bugatti or two, several Lamborghini's and Porsche's, a Ducati or two and several Audi's?
Calm down, this isn't European football haha

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

More likely Skoda's and Seats...

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah well old off announcing the sponsor until then duh... Can use your same argument here for people who constantly want to defend the club even when they are piss poor.

If the logo was to change perhaps a link to their website or something even ... I'd be pissed if if poured money into a joint who can't get basic media duties right lol
This on LinkedIn this morning, including a link to Hitachi.
It's on the Dogs website too.
Guess the club ain't so stupid after all... cool your jets Champion...

Attachments

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
This on LinkedIn this morning, including a link to Hitachi.
It's on the Dogs website too.
Guess the club ain't so stupid after all... cool your jets Champion...
Haha this is the same article I was referencing. Opened it on Facebook and had no link at all... So unless they read my comment and updated it will still be the same so yeah no link or logo = fail