• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I agree in the aspect there must be other reasons. Maybe he turned us down and we are trying to save face? Maybe after woods and Mbye and Foran and the other flops we are scared to pay $.

The other side is simple maths. It’s there. Clearly. Especially with forans minimum 350k.

I disagree on the passing. I’ve made that clear. Though I also don’t know why they have. I don’t agree with the smear campaign that’s been ran against him.

Though again, no point going over it. We couldn’t land api or Herman or Raimen. No shock we can’t land latrell.
I wonder what Centre, Hooker, Prop and Winger (or something like that) we're going to land. Pay has come out and said 3/4 of those positions he'd like to strengthen. I doubt that's changed since. What are we going to start saying when the top and/or emerging talent in those positions starts to be locked up? Is there really that much on the market?

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Jesus fuck. He isn't worth anywhere near the money he is demanding, simple as that.
Exactly, it's not that hard to understand. Yes, he is talented but for the money it's too much to gamble on.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Exactly, it's not that hard to understand. Yes, he is talented but for the money it's too much to gamble on.
Is he worth 700k? Roosters offered him 800k. Majority are in agreeance that Latrell isn't worth 1m. It's just that amount or thereabouts is what you'd have to pay to entice him or a player around the same ability. Yes he doesn't play in the spine but what players in the spine are available that are around 700k that you'd pay 1m or around that for (or players "worth" 1m that you'd pay 1.3m for?)

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Write that quote in the "Mark my words" thread so I can bring it up when we play the Tigers next year.
I am sure you have me covered mate, and wont let me forget if you get the opportunity.. He is an unbelievably naturally talented athlete... but a also a primadona in the making, not a team guy, who has national anthem issues and loves a camera. If he beats us in a round game, big bloody whoop. If he is personally responsible for knocking us off in a sudden death final by stepping up himself, then I will happily so we should have bought him at all cost.

He is Buddy Franklin in an NRL jersey, I wont be sweating about you telling me I told you so...

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I am sure you have me covered mate, and wont let me forget if you get the opportunity.. He is an unbelievably naturally talented athlete... but a also a primadona in the making, not a team guy, who has national anthem issues and loves a camera. If he beats us in a round game, big bloody whoop. If he is personally responsible for knocking us off in a sudden death final by stepping up himself, then I will happily so we should have bought him at all cost.

He is Buddy Franklin in an NRL jersey, I wont be sweating about you telling me I told you so...
He will win the Tigers a handful of games on his own next year. We could of used that last year (so could the Tigers). I don't think it's realistic thinking we're going to make the eight next season. Anything is possible just like Latrell being a flop tho.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He will win the Tigers a handful of games on his own next year. We could of used that last year (so could the Tigers). I don't think it's realistic thinking we're going to make the eight next season. Anything is possible just like Latrell being a flop tho.
Mate, I agree he is a special talent but I think he is a bit soft mentally. Even the great GI in my opinion didn't always step up to the plate but was physically such a beast this sometimes was overlooked.The really great players step up time and time again and when the pressure is on they want the ball... Think Meninga, Johns, Thurston, Wally Lewis, Cameron Smith, Langer, Turvey, Graham Eadie, Glen Lazo, Terry Lamb, Cronk, ET, Polly etc, etc..

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't pay next season's contract but sign him for 2021... you think the Roosters won't pay some of his contract? If they want him gone then they still pay!
He's already contracted to us for 2020, but we are prepared to let him walk away from that last year IF he can secure a deal with another club, but we won't be paying him to leave and play for another club.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
He's already contracted to us for 2020, but we are prepared to let him walk away from that last year IF he can secure a deal with another club, but we won't be paying him to leave and play for another club.
Were you ever going to pay for him to play for another club?

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm sure you won't! We know how the Roosters work.... we're not delusional! Uncle Nick WILL pay if he's desperate to get rid of him....

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
"When the Bulldogs were still at the negotiating table, the Roosters were even prepared to chip in some money to get Mitchell off their books for next season."

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...l/news-story/1e7cccd77196f68a84510ef52a4f5311
I wouldn't put any stock in what Hooper says about your club let alone what he says about mine. I remember Nick saying years ago at a club function that paying players to play for another club is screwing yourself twice. It's a lesson your club is learning the hard way.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I wouldn't put any stock in what Hooper says about your club let alone what he says about mine. I remember Nick saying years ago at a club function that paying players to play for another club is screwing yourself twice. It's a lesson your club is learning the hard way.
We have a salary cap though and had no choice but to release players after our former chairmen and coaches stuff up

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Reports Mitchell is touring cowboy facilities today. I wonder if he signs if they will need to shift some players.

if so I’d be looking at drinkwater, Kyle feldt, opacic or Hess if on the cheap. Could get a few players instead of 1.

I know feldt isn’t a world beater and has tits for hands but is a decent winger and has a bit of a boot on him. Would slot into meaneys position and wouldn’t break the bank.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Reports Mitchell is touring cowboy facilities today. I wonder if he signs if they will need to shift some players.

if so I’d be looking at drinkwater, Kyle feldt, opacic or Hess if on the cheap. Could get a few players instead of 1.

I know feldt isn’t a world beater and has tits for hands but is a decent winger and has a bit of a boot on him. Would slot into meaneys position and wouldn’t break the bank.
Exactly mate. That’s the dominoes I keep referring to when people panic about us not signing anyone. One big signing starts a chain reaction

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Do you think your club will make the same mistakes in the future?
Who knows. They are obviously trying not to and thankfully not taking the reckless advice from the “experts” here who would throw money around like its monopoly

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Sounds good, but the same report has the Cowboys with $1mil free cap space for 2020.
I'd like Hess and Feldt if available though.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Sounds good, but the same report has the Cowboys with $1mil free cap space for 2020.
I'd like Hess and Feldt if available though.
Then hopefully they get Mitchell and Holmes :p

But yeh. Would be good to pick up Hess and Feldt. I get hard about any winger over 160cm for us. Not often we get normal sized humans on the wings :p

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Then hopefully they get Mitchell and Holmes :p

But yeh. Would be good to pick up Hess and Feldt. I get hard about any winger over 160cm for us. Not often we get normal sized humans on the wings :p
Haha yeah, if they got both what a recruitment drive. That would put them right up there.