Opinion We should....

matthew

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Ricky Stuart met with Curtis Scott with Melbourne's consent. I would be chasing him given he would cost much less and would be hungry to show that he is a good first grader.
Yeah Curtis Scott would be fantastic for us but i think canberra making the GF this year would give them the upperhand in signing him

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
You don't think signing another fullback would unsettle the dynamics of the club a little? He's just signed a contract extension and all. DWZ that is.

I personally can't comment on DWZ but trust what you're saying in that he can be better. Clearly though the club has decided to go ahead with him so I think it's futile to entertain signing another fullback imo
No one in our spine has done enough to nail down their position imo. DWZ in this moment currently can't pass a ball to save his life or setup his outside men. He has the opportunity to show improvement this season but if a better option becomes available in the meantime then I wouldn't be saying no.

Our spine is our biggest weakness and right now we don't even have a genuine ball runner or ball player between the four of them. Until that changes then we will continue to make the numbers.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yeah Curtis Scott would be fantastic for us but i think canberra making the GF this year would give them the upperhand in signing him
The argument will be that we should've signed him up before then .... because so so many clubs have already got players wrapped up before November 1.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
No one in our spine has done enough to nail down their position imo. DWZ in this moment currently can't pass a ball to save his life or setup his outside men. He has the opportunity to show improvement this season but if a better option becomes available in the meantime then I wouldn't be saying no.

Our spine is our biggest weakness and right now we don't even have a genuine ball runner or ball player between the four of them. Until that changes then we will continue to make the numbers.
Agree that our spine hasn't shown enough yet. 100%

But at the same time I don't think we're in that strong a position to be signing a fullback when DWZ has been decent enough. Agree we could maybe do better but surely a half and a centre is our priority?

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
J Moz is wanting to play on at 35.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

But at the same time I don't think we're in that strong a position to be signing a fullback when DWZ has been decent enough. Agree we could maybe do better but surely a half and a centre is our priority?
Yup, fullback ain’t our biggest weakness anymore
Half or centre certainly any higher priority than a fullback at this stage with how dwz went last year
Team turned around with him at the back

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
You don't think signing another fullback would unsettle the dynamics of the club a little? He's just signed a contract extension and all. DWZ that is.

I personally can't comment on DWZ but trust what you're saying in that he can be better. Clearly though the club has decided to go ahead with him so I think it's futile to entertain signing another fullback imo
I wouldnt upset DWZ either. He was a massive reason our belief turned around last year... basically pulled us from the fire...

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Pass. Hes not enough better than DWZ at FB to bother with (if at all), and im happy to see Okunbor and Meaney on the wings. And hes not a centre.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Bring on 2020 an bury all this we should, he may, rumours !!

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Only player in the NRL I'd take at fb and push dwz out is Tedesco. But any club would, he's the best player in the game currently. Since its not going to happen dwz should feel safe at fb

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Only player in the NRL I'd take at fb and push dwz out is Tedesco. But any club would, he's the best player in the game currently. Since its not going to happen dwz should feel safe at fb
Wait? We're going for Tedesco? Does Brad know about this? Are we paying enough overs though?

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How would you suggest they become more ruthless?
With everything they do off the field and on the field. Make our administration the most powerful as it once was, by bringing in the best of the best! We are one of the if not the richest club in the NRL, we should start flexing our muscle and live up to the expectations we put on ourselves, because at the moment we're looking second rate!

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

The entire spine is a priority because out inability to score points is attributed to the fact that we don't have genuine points of attack to work off. Who's our elusive ball runner with pace and footwork? Who's our creative playmaker that can manipulate the defence and out his teammates into space? There just isn't enough there right now.

We have two promising players in Wakeham and Averillo coming through that bring key skills that are currently lacking in the team, unfortunately they look to be stuck behind other players. DWZ does plenty of things really well at FB but he isn't an elusive ball runner or ball player, sure he is an aggressive ball runner but is more reliant on attacking spaces that already exist or are created by teammates.

JMK non existent vision, can run fast in a straight line but again isn't elusive and has the balance of a toddler at contact. Can tackle. Lewis, not even going to touch that. Cogger, flashes of a half but overall average at absolute best right now.

Right now we're relying on so many players in key positions that are inexperienced that also have to improve or learn key skills required of that role. If someone hits the market with the required skillset then we'd be crazy not to look into it.

Ideal world everyone improves where needed and we have a very strong spine moving forward.... unfortunately it's not an ideal world and the chances of them all coming good are low.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
With everything they do off the field and on the field. Make our administration the most powerful as it once was, by bringing in the best of the best! We are one of the if not the richest club in the NRL, we should start flexing our muscle and live up to the expectations we put on ourselves, because at the moment we're looking second rate!
Flexing our muscles by signing MItchell for 1.3m for example?

Think we flexed out muscles a lot in the past. Brought in Hasler, one of the most highly rated coaches around. Players like Foran, Woods, T-Rex etc. etc. Really showed our muscle then, didn't we?

And how did that turn out champ? There's different ways to flex muscles and I just think we're trying to be smarter about things this time around ...

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Think we flexed out muscles a lot in the past. Brought in Hasler, one of the most highly rated coaches around. Players like Foran, Woods, T-Rex etc. etc. Really showed our muscle then, didn't we?

And how did that turn out champ? There's different ways to flex muscles and I just think we're trying to be smarter about things this time around ...
Nah champ! Every club's strength starts at the administration level, front and back office! Hire some people with some balls who know what their doing and we could win back to back to back premierships!

If the Roosters can do what they do on the field then it's time show what the bulldogs can do on it also. We've won nothing in 15 years they've won 3. Smart people who run a club in the same competition would ask why, and do something about it, not twiddle their thumbs and alow a coach, 2 apprentice CEO's and a chairman with no idea how to run what used to be one of the most professional and ruthless run clubs in Australia!

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We also flexed our muscles by planting some trees, gave some free memberships to refugees, oh and we made 2 grand finals, and played in the play offs every year bar 1

Nah champ! Every club's strength starts at the administration level, front and back office! Hire some people with some balls who know what their doing and we could win back to back to back premierships!

If the Roosters can do what they do on the field then it's time show what the bulldogs can do on it also. We've won nothing in 15 years they've won 3. Smart people who run a club in the same competition would ask why, and do something about it, not twiddle their thumbs and alow a coach, 2 apprentice CEO's and a chairman with no idea how to run what used to be one of the most professional and ruthless run clubs in Australia!

Last edited:

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We also planted some trees, gave some free memberships to refugees, oh and we made 2 grand finals, and played in the play offs every year bar 1.
We also had one of the worst talent Scouts our club has ever seen!