Bronson Xerri

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Stupid money - $1m+ for Mitchell.
Let the Tigers or Cowboys pay it and see how that turns out for them. The Chooks simply do not lose players they want to keep.

Board continuing what they’re doing - how do you know what they’re doing? Because they don’t provide weekly updates? Which clubs do? How many clubs have made 2021 signing announcements? None as far as I’m aware.

Need more going forward - yes, they’re facing an election in 3 months. Unsure if there’s going to be a rival ticket but regardless it’s logical to think that a) this side of Christmas there’s not much to say and b) closer to the election they’ll start trotting out the goodies like all politicians.

Fair comment re: overlap - I wouldn’t class you in the dribbler section :-)
To be fair they were restricted due to our salary cap. I mean us being more of an opportunist club. Picking up opportunist signings and rejects that no one wants or can fit in. Basically our last 2 years recruitment. Considering the situation we were in (and are in next year) I get it. I don't think it'll be like that just a lot of other people make it sound like that's how they want to continue recruitment.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Agree Lewis had a shaky 2019 in attack though defence which was outstanding. Big year for him though - first time father being a young man, Foran out for major chunks of the year etc. I’m not saying he’ll be a superstar in 2020 but he’ll be better for his 2019 experience and knowing that Foran isn’t ‘potentially coming back next week’ should help him focus on his job for the year. Willing to give him another year to see how he develops.

Agree Reimis - the stats showed he scored more than I can remember - it seemed like he hardly had any ball. I hope he sees more in 2020 - great finisher and good speed in open space.

Hooker - sure, but no obvious solutions there (yet) and JMK seems to be improving - let’s see how he goes in 2020.

Centre - I’d like to see more of Harper before making a call. Don’t think Holland or Montoya should be there barring injury.

Prop - more of a 2021 issue I think. Tolman and Napa will be OK for 2020, not necessarily setting the world on fire.

Winger - again 2021 - likely make or break for Meaney in 2020 - unless he really comes into the role (he showed glimpses late in 2019) he probably won’t feature in plans beyond 2020, even though he’s signed for 2021.
Saying what I'm saying I'd still like us to persist with Lewis and Reimis (we have - re-signed them). JMK's ball distribution and game management isn't up to scratch for a starting 9. I'd love him off the bench tho (he's also been re-signed). Left Centre is a massive issue for us. If we wanted our best 17 on the field I'd personally play Reimis in the Centres and Okunbor on the Wing (similar to our last game of the season). I've never been a fan of Napa starting. I think he's best used of the bench. Our team shows the most, if not almost the most, effort out of any NRL side and they didn't roll over like a lot of other teams. We're just lacking having a few game changers and some positions are letting us down a bit. I love our team, I really do. We just also need to have a good enough team to be competitive for 2021 tho and I'm happy if we do.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Saying what I'm saying I'd still like us to persist with Lewis and Reimis (we have - re-signed them). JMK's ball distribution and game management isn't up to scratch for a starting 9. I'd love him off the bench tho (he's also been re-signed). Left Centre is a massive issue for us. If we wanted our best 17 on the field I'd personally play Reimis in the Centres and Okunbor on the Wing (similar to our last game of the season). I've never been a fan of Napa starting. I think he's best used of the bench. Our team shows the most, if not almost the most, effort out of any NRL side and they didn't roll over like a lot of other teams. We're just lacking having a few game changers and some positions are letting us down a bit. I love our team, I really do. We just also need to have a good enough team to be competitive for 2021 tho and I'm happy if we do.
All fair points. 2021 is still the main event though and always was. I hope and believe we’ll show improvement in 2020 and that will be enough for me as we exit the salary cap woods (pardon the partial pun).

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
There’s a strict process for this as follows;

@bradyk identifies the player value, and subsequent overs we must pay in order to lure him to our club.

@AlzzBulldog accepts the monumental figure put forward, and demands that the club must pay said figure, no questions asked. Threatens that Board, Coach, Recruitment staff and admin lady must all be sacked if we don’t sign him.

@bradtalo pens an articulate letter to Andrew Hill explaining why this signing is imperative, despite its threat of crippling our salary cap for the next 5 years. Proceeds to create dozens of identical threads on The Kennel to support his case, often in the incorrect subforum.

@Bulldogs09 drafts 10000 paragraphs of material slandering the Board and Coach in readiness for the signing not eventuating. Once Xerri is announced as signed to the Roosters, bores the Kennel to tears with said repetitive paragraphs of dribble.
This is one of the funniest posts ever.

Had a shit day, god you made me laugh

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Before we all lose perspective: this article is Rothfield.
He probably wrote this while still in shock that his doctor found a trace of blood in his alcohol stream.

Attachments

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Before we all lose perspective: this article is Rothfield.
He probably wrote this while still in shock that his doctor found a trace of blood in his alcohol stream.
Nah mate it’s as good as done! Xerri and Kyle Flanagan got a picture taken on a jet ski together and that eliminated any doubt about it. There’s no way they got a photo together because they are long time friends it can only be Xerri is joining the Chooks.

Craystar

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Im not sure if Marcelo Montoya or Kerrod Holland will line up at left centre next year, but God help them with their first drop ball of the season.

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Im not sure if Marcelo Montoya or Kerrod Holland will line up at left centre next year, but God help them with their first drop ball of the season.
Hopefully they will....but only in Canterbury Cup!

Doomsdaydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score

@bradyk identifies the player value, and subsequent overs we must pay in order to lure him to our club.

@AlzzBulldog accepts the monumental figure put forward, and demands that the club must pay said figure, no questions asked. Threatens that Board, Coach, Recruitment staff and admin lady must all be sacked if we don’t sign him.

@bradtalo pens an articulate letter to Andrew Hill explaining why this signing is imperative, despite its threat of crippling our salary cap for the next 5 years. Proceeds to create dozens of identical threads on The Kennel to support his case, often in the incorrect subforum.

@Bulldogs09 drafts 10000 paragraphs of material slandering the Board and Coach in readiness for the signing not eventuating. Once Xerri is announced as signed to the Roosters, bores the Kennel to tears with said repetitive paragraphs of dribble.
Superbly summarised!

This entire evening ive been wondering where i have seen both Brads before, than it clicked to me....

Juicydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Superbly summarised!

This entire evening ive been wondering where i have seen both Brads before, than it clicked to me....

Ohhh get fucked

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score

Now that reply is GOLD lmfao! How bout we all just put our faith in the board, CEO and coach that they have a plan in place and they know what they are doing in their positions, I mean fuck me anyone is better than Aunty Rae Rae, Dib and Hasler ffs! Give the poor ***** some time to execute their future plan for the club! I can voice my opinion as much as I like but I don’t pretend to know how to rebuild after the debacle that Castle and co left us in, they have made some decisive quality signings thus far and I think they deserve the time and patience from us frustrated fans to make something of it! After a few years if we are still stuck in the same mess then I will be the first to criticise them, however, I will give them the benefit of the doubt for the time being, how bout the rest of us loyal fans do likewise guys!

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
That will only come with success. We were that club but because our past caretakers on the board who we placed trust in fucked up we lost it and now some on here still think we should never question the current temporary caretakers about anything because they are the smartest and know and do best. WHEN / IF we become that kind of club again we can enjoy the success and we won't have reason to complain.
Have faith mate I know we are waiting for that next premmy. The club does not want to get it wrong again. We have needed to learn where it all went wrong.

Coincedence we haven't won a premmy since $BW dogged us?

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lol they ripped a picture of 2 best mates from their insta and will now push the Xerri to replace Latrell narrative.

As for us, as I have posted before, he spent a season with us and his dad ripped him out and took him back to Cronulla saying he wouldn't learn anything here.
Was that while Des was running the show?

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Superbly summarised!

... and here's you and someone a bit smarter than you currently sitting on our board. You both have faith that we'll be a top 4 team in 2021 without any "star" signings - but you're prepared to wait 10 years if you have to.

Are you part of that group who still believe the earth is flat ?

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Buzz Rothfield has reported that Bronson Xerri wants out of the Sharks to join Flanagan at the Roosters.

The Roosters are onto Xerri like a hot knife through butter.

Now some knucklehead will eventually start up a thread about it, calling the heads of Belmore to roll along with all the usual shit.

So let that knucklehead be me and to the remainder of the kennel - LET THE MELTDOWN BEGIN!

Calling Bradly's and Alzzzzz's to lead the pack
Buzz trying to stay relevant

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He's far too ugly to be signed by the Roosters, something about the size of his head compared to the gap between his eyes bothers me. He looks like he was born in some inbred cult.

And besides I'd expect a raft of re-signings before we hit the market. Tauks, Liu, JWH, Friend and Nat Butcher are all off contract at the end of 2020.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
He's far too ugly to be signed by the Roosters, something about the size of his head compared to the gap between his eyes bothers me. He looks like he was born in some inbred cult.
Have you seen your coach lately? He’d be a shoe in if they re-make the elephant man