Opinion We should....

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Swoop on valentine holmes as we speak
Latrell is apparently in north queensland touring cowboys facility, we should do whatever we can to entice holmes while hes available

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Why waste our energy talking about something they're probably not even entertaining? They're probably looking at recruiting Brad Abbey back to the club instead.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
To play what position?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
To play what position?
Fullback. He was one of the best Wingers in the world (Origin, International) before he left just I doubt we're going to pay over 1m for him on the Wing. We're not signing him regardless so it's whatever tho...

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ricky Stuart met with Curtis Scott with Melbourne's consent. I would be chasing him given he would cost much less and would be hungry to show that he is a good first grader.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Fullback. He was one of the best Wingers in the world (Origin, International) before he left just I doubt we're going to pay over 1m for him on the Wing. We're not signing him regardless so it's whatever tho...
Yeah - he's pretty 1 dimensional at Fullback though. We already have DWZ who plays fairly similar (hard running, limited playmaking)

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Pass. Waste of money for a bloke who’s best position is wing.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
DWZ is fullback that won't change anytime soon.
Well if he doesn't learn how to pass a ball and setup his outside men then hopefully it does change lol

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Holmes to cowboys 100 percent it’s scripture he will
Be there next year

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Swoop on valentine holmes as we speak
Latrell is apparently in north queensland touring cowboys facility, we should do whatever we can to entice holmes while hes available
Pass. Sorry.

Look. I get the concern about Mitchell but surely all of us can see what's happening with him? Last week he was apparently odds on to go to the Tigers on BIG money. Now it's NQ.

Clear as day he's talked himself into a corner re money and the Dogs didn't want to play that game. With the Roosters also pulling out he's been left high & dry without a bucket to piss in so all these new clubs will also not need to pay the overs he was wanting from the Dogs.

Time will tell what happens with him but I'm glad that the board isn't playing the games him and his manager are clearly playing. Hopefully they really did walk away

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Holmes is supposed to be wanting 800K. We are in no position to pay that so why are we discussing it.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Ricky Stuart met with Curtis Scott with Melbourne's consent. I would be chasing him given he would cost much less and would be hungry to show that he is a good first grader.
We should have picked him up 6 months ago after he was dropped. But of course you need foresight and common sense to see past the amazing ability of Holland.

That’s why we are fans and not running the club. They focused their energy on gun players like crighton and the leilua brothers :p

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Holmes is supposed to be wanting 800K. We are in no position to pay that so why are we discussing it.
I think we're in a position to pay that but not in that position.

By all accounts DWZ did well there towards the end of the season, and with him signing on for a few more years there's absolutely no way we're going to sign a player to play fullback. Not a scoobies

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We should have picked him up 6 months ago after he was dropped. But of course you need foresight and common sense to see past the amazing ability of Holland.

That’s why we are fans and not running the club. They focused their energy on gun players like crighton and the leilua brothers :p
6 months ago when we weren't playing that great? 6 months ago when the coach's position wasn't certain? 6 months ago when we were around the wooden spoon?

Yeah, keep telling yourself that bullshit to believe what you're saying. Hopefully there are others out there with more sense than you ya numpty

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
It’s not like that’s a strong point for Holmes either.
No, but he was definitely showing improvement before he left. Anyway it isn't happening...but if Drinkwater somehow got unsettled by Holmes' move to NQ then I wouldn't be saying no because we have DWZ.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
No, but he was definitely showing improvement before he left. Anyway it isn't happening...but if Drinkwater somehow got unsettled by Holmes' move to NQ then I wouldn't be saying no because we have DWZ.
You don't think signing another fullback would unsettle the dynamics of the club a little? He's just signed a contract extension and all. DWZ that is.

I personally can't comment on DWZ but trust what you're saying in that he can be better. Clearly though the club has decided to go ahead with him so I think it's futile to entertain signing another fullback imo