Conspiracy theory ...

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What is you conspiracy theory?

I'm about to say something that can't be unsaid. It might completely change your psych how you process this subject matter.

60 minutes wanted me to announce this on air but I chose the kennel to reveal

Last chance to turn back before you go down this road..

Ok it involves chemist warehouse and brand colognes that are 50-90% off RRP.

I've done some scientific testing...

When you buy a new brand cologne at full price from outlets other than chemist warehouse they seem to last for most of the day

But buy a brand cologne from chemist warehouse at 50-90% off they seem to only last for a very short time .

My conspiracy theory..

1. Does chemist warehouse "cut" the colognes like a drug dealer (they are a drug dealer).. are the colognes watered down? That's why they don't last

And/or

2. Do brand colognes expire or go off after a period of time? Like beer? Might smell like beer but when you taste a beer out of date it's like water. Chemist warehouse sell old model colognes at 50-90% off, but are they out of date and gone off?

Someone wish to refute this conspiracy theory or add weight to it?

Otherwise what's your conspiracy theory?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Yes it expires, yes some that is sold there is older stock due to buying in bulk.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
What is you conspiracy theory?

I'm about to say something that can't be unsaid. It might completely change your psych how you process this subject matter.

60 minutes wanted me to announce this on air but I chose the kennel to reveal

Last chance to turn back before you go down this road..

Ok it involves chemist warehouse and brand colognes that are 50-90% off RRP.

I've done some scientific testing...

When you buy a new brand cologne at full price from outlets other than chemist warehouse they seem to last for most of the day

But buy a brand cologne from chemist warehouse at 50-90% off they seem to only last for a very short time .

My conspiracy theory..

1. Does chemist warehouse "cut" the colognes like a drug dealer (they are a drug dealer).. are the colognes watered down? That's why they don't last

And/or

2. Do brand colognes expire or go off after a period of time? Like beer? Might smell like beer but when you taste a beer out of date it's like water. Chemist warehouse sell old model colognes at 50-90% off, but are they out of date and gone off?

Someone wish to refute this conspiracy theory or add weight to it?

Otherwise what's your conspiracy theory?
Do you buy Cologne from Chemist Warehouse? Isn't that a little... plebby for someone of your refined tastes?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
It's a mixture of three things:

- near expiring

- watered down

- Chinese knock off

Banned
Reaction score
Chemist Warehouse sell open containers of medicine, and refuse to exchange/refund when you seek to return it for that reason!
So considering that, I would not at all be surprised if they're knockoff's, or damaged stock that's not been stored correctly.

That being said, vintage perfumes actually age quite well if stored correctly.
I've for example, a 70+ year old bottle of Houbigant - Fougere Royale, which is stronger, richer and has a better profile that old, than the modern rendition.
A LOT of your favourite after shaves, colognes and parfumes underwent a reformulation about 10 years ago, in order to meet EU allergens requirements brought in, and lost silage and longevity in the process.
So oft people reminisce an old favourite and the current formula smells nothing like it.
Also, a lot of people are not aware of the different essential/fragerence oil strengths that are released for the same product.
Toilet water, After Shave, Eau de Cologne, Cologne, Parfume, Parfume Extract; iirc are in order from weakest to strongest, so if you previously had EDC and were gifted AS, it's not going to last as long.

Hope this helps.
Also, if anyone is willing to spend for a quality product, I can not recommend Australian Private Reserve products highly enough.
Made in Sydney by a solicitor as a hobby to create accords and profiles that he desired to wear, so only the best ingredients are utilised.
His products resemble great value when compared to French Parfume Houses pricing.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
The lizard people, in cahoots with the Illuminati, Masons and Elvis, cut it with unicorn piss.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Conspiracy is a dirty word around here.

No one conspires.
This planet is like an episode of play school which never ends!

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you buy Cologne from Chemist Warehouse? Isn't that a little... plebby for someone of your refined tastes?
Yes great observation. It's nice to keep grounded and see how others live once in a while.. I did buy a product that I used to wear about 20 years ago (paid full price back then). It was some nostalgic appeal coupled with the 90% off price. It was a 1-2 punch combo that got me at a weak moment but it just didn't last long like I remember.

Chemist warehouse make 6 bottles with 1 then cut the price. Watered down .

One thing chemist warehouse does well is they make for a top Kris kringle gift ... Geez how did you manage to get Justin Bieber perfume for under $20. It amazes people

But buying a cologne from chemist warehouse is like using regular unleaded or E10.. it's better to use premium 98

Last edited:

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes great observation. It's nice to keep grounded and see how others live once in a while.. I did buy a product that I used to wear about 20 years ago (paid full price back then). It was some nostalgic appeal coupled with the 90% off price. It was a 1-2 punch combo that got me at a weak moment but it just didn't last long like I remember.

Chemist warehouse make 6 bottles with 1 then cut the price. Watered down .

One thing chemist warehouse does well is they make for a top Kris kringle gift ... Geez how did you manage to get Justin Bieber perfume for under $20. It amazes people

But buying a cologne from chemist warehouse is like using regular unleaded or E10.. it's better to use premium 98
Admit it,it was old spice or brute wasn't it?

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The first Mrs CD used to keep perfumes in the fridge. She claimed they lasted longer. She grew up in a tropical environment so no idea if that influenced her decision.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
You ain't getting a root without your brut!
Makes for a good slogan for brut.

Talking of slogans. I remember in business studies we had to take a product and market it. Me and my partner ended up marketing Mentos lollies. Our slogan was" Mentos...They sure do" the teacher never picked up on the implied sexual innuendo.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Makes for a good slogan for brut.

Talking of slogans. I remember in business studies we had to take a product and market it. Me and my partner ended up marketing Mentos lollies. Our slogan was" Mentos...They sure do" the teacher never picked up on the implied sexual innuendo.
If I ever open a brothel, I'm calling it "Eddie's Whorehouse" and my slogan would be "come in and get fucked"

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Import some Faberge Brut from the US, I had a lesbian love me.

Last edited:

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You’re a peasant if you buy cologne from chemist warehouse. Even the thought of buying cologne from there is peasantry. Like Jesus said, if you think it it’s still a sin because in your mind heart and soul you’ve committed that sin.
You need confession bud

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Cool water for me.
I only know of this stuff as my lesbian sister in law goes through gallons of it. It's basically one of the essentials when we go to Mrs CD homeland to visit.

Edit: I have no idea why I shared this information tbh .

Last edited: