Curtis scott

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
At times I post on TK as a warning
As a show of respect I do not reveal my source, It is up to you to believe or not believe !
The funny thing on TK is when I praise the board and administration I get applauded by the same elements that criticize me if I question them over something else, they always come out blindly defending them...wonder why ?
You may as well name and shame this source as they’re useless. Assuming it’s the same one who told you that Holbrook was a done deal, 3 year contract :tearsofjoy:

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You may as well name and shame this source as they’re useless. Assuming it’s the same one who told you that Holbrook was a done deal, 3 year contract :tearsofjoy:
Again you are talking rubbish
I have never confirmed Holbrook was a done deal !!!

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
May not have been the case horsey, but that's the rumour that came out after their election win , it was spoken about by many members at the lunch and beverage stage of the election proceedings.
It may be utter garbage, but there is history and precedence there with this family in the past.
One thing for sure, sponsors were informed of the possibility !!!

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
At times I post on TK as a warning
As a show of respect I do not reveal my source, It is up to you to believe or not believe !
The funny thing on TK is when I praise the board and administration I get applauded by the same elements that criticize me if I question them over something else, they always come out blindly defending them...wonder why ?
Funny that ain’t it!

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I think there is a difference between
Rumour is & Confirmed is
So the question begs - are your most recent rumours and fear mongering coming from the same trash source or have you replaced him?

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
So the question begs - are your most recent rumours and fear mongering coming from the same trash source or have you replaced him?
What is happening with our sponsors ???
What is happening with the players TPAs ???
Other than DWZ the club has approached a dozen or more players without success...why ?
I know I know it's only rumours and fear mongering :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:
I truly wish that is the case !!!

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Just enforcing what was told to us members by the club
SO you believe the club is foolish?
The club said they would enter the market competitively in 2021... I'm just saying there is no need to just buy whoever because we are cashd up again.

It's way more important to build the foundations first before U start decorating.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
We only have 10? players signed for 2020 plus Hoppa and JJ. Lots saying there's not many more they would extend from the current crop so most likely we have 11? months (at most) to sign say 10 more players for the start of season 2021 next pre season in November.

Anyone who thinks there's plenty of time to sign 10 players to improve us sufficiently to justify our rostee with a 9.7 mill cap should be concerned.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If any prospective signing ever reads the negative contents posted on the Kennel
by some people, they will switch off and go somewhere else, anywhere else.
Generally, the negative comments have little basis for fact, and come from unsubstantiated sources.
They are just someones silly biased opinion.
And dont think that prospective signings dont read the rubbish posted on the Kennel.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's it you nailed it.

Blaming the kennel now for the incompetence of our poor recruiting..

Blaming everybody else bar the people that get paid the big bucks to recruit for our beloved bulldogs

If any prospective signing ever reads the negative contents posted on the Kennel
Generally, the negative comments have little basis for fact, and come from unsubstantiated sources.
And dont think that prospective signings dont read the rubbish posted on the Kennel.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm sure that's why no-one signs 6-figure deals with us, cos a dozen or so fans post nasty words on a forum....

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I love to see Pay succeed But...
Do you believe (no attraction) Pay was and is the answer to our monstrous problem ?
Did you ever ask...Why did they extend his contract ?
Combine our lack of current success, cap issues topped with a rookie coach the results are PROBLEMS !!!
I've said before that I've got my concerns about Pay. Think most people are concerned about whether he's the right man for the job but I think that's only going to be natural as he's new in the job.

Time and again simple questions have been put to you scaremongerers and time and again the simple answers have not been given.

Can you list the players rival clubs have signed since Nov 1. and how many of them have we missed out on?

What other option to Pay was / is there out there? Holbrook? I was behind him being signed but we all do realise we won 7/10 of the last games with him as coach? And the playing group was the tighest it's been for years?

There's no doubt we're in a tough moment, and again no one is arguing that. But if people got over their egos just for a little bit and tried to listen to other people then they may realise what's actually being said. We can't judge the board / Pay on marquee signings etc. when it's only half-way through November and very few players have been signed by rival clubs. If we're still in this predicament in a month or two I think a lot more people will be questioning things, including myself, but until then enough of the self-entitled, I know everything bullshit that seems to be coming from so many mouths.

You don't know more than the average punter just like you didn't know that SBW was coming, nor Holbrook had signed a 3 year deal with the Dogs ....

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
That's it you nailed it.

Blaming the kennel now for the incompetence of our poor recruiting..

Blaming everybody else bar the people that get paid the big bucks to recruit for our beloved bulldogs

Think it's naive of us to believe that players don't check out the kennel or read Instagram / Facebook / social media posts. It's widely reported across all forms of sport that players do this, especially if they're looking to sign for a new club. Look at how many sports players worldwide deactive their social media accounts after a loss or bad performance. Seems like a standard first step to see what the atmosphere and general feeling within a new club may be.

Now, if they're influenced to sign on to that club based on what they read is another question .... as I doubt it'd impact on any thinking in a major way but they'd still check it.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Think it's naive of us to believe that players don't check out the kennel or read Instagram / Facebook / social media posts. It's widely reported across all forms of sport that players do this, especially if they're looking to sign for a new club. Look at how many sports players worldwide deactive their social media accounts after a loss or bad performance. Seems like a standard first step to see what the atmosphere and general feeling within a new club may be.

Now, if they're influenced to sign on to that club based on what they read is another question .... as I doubt it'd impact on any thinking in a major way but they'd still check it.
They sure wouldnt sign after reading the dribble posted on here. Guess I am mistaken by thinking this was a supporters page.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
They sure wouldnt sign after reading the dribble posted on here. Guess I am mistaken by thinking this was a supporters page.
I have to double check every day that I haven’t clicked on the dragons fan forum by mistake

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So you are saying at the absolute minimum in 1 months time you too will start questioning the predicament we are in?

The predicament of no marquee signings and no major sponsor right?
I've said before that I've got my concerns about Pay. Think most people are concerned about whether he's the right man for the job but I think that's only going to be natural as he's new in the job.

Time and again simple questions have been put to you scaremongerers and time and again the simple answers have not been given.

Can you list the players rival clubs have signed since Nov 1. and how many of them have we missed out on?

What other option to Pay was / is there out there? Holbrook? I was behind him being signed but we all do realise we won 7/10 of the last games with him as coach? And the playing group was the tighest it's been for years?

There's no doubt we're in a tough moment, and again no one is arguing that. But if people got over their egos just for a little bit and tried to listen to other people then they may realise what's actually being said. We can't judge the board / Pay on marquee signings etc. when it's only half-way through November and very few players have been signed by rival clubs. If we're still in this predicament in a month or two I think a lot more people will be questioning things, including myself, but until then enough of the self-entitled, I know everything bullshit that seems to be coming from so many mouths.

You don't know more than the average punter just like you didn't know that SBW was coming, nor Holbrook had signed a 3 year deal with the Dogs ....

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

I also like to add to your good points about what is said about players and how it can potentially influence a signing or kill it.
What would a potential sponsor think when some here have rubbished our major sponsors of the past ie KIA. Things like their logo sucks on our jersey. Then we lose them and it's their cars suck.
We present a good case for a new sponsor.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
So you are saying at the absolute minimum in 1 months time you too will start questioning the predicament we are in?

The predicament of no marquee signings and no major sponsor right?
So my quote of a "month or two" has now gone to "an absolutel minimum" according to you? Haha I can see why you're losing your shit over newspaper articles as you twist things according to what you want to get from the story.

In a month or two if we're still without signings in the positions that we need I'll definitely question more but at no stage will I get into your frantic, "we're all going to die" stage simply because I find it utterly ridiculous to do so.