Bronson Xerri

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The problem is getting players here. You will just say this isn't true tho so end of argument I guess.
I'm sure it's only the end of the argument with me though. I'll be very surprised if you don't keep it running with others.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I'm sure it's only the end of the argument with me though. I'll be very surprised if you don't keep it running with others.
Yes so either it's a new person or the same person I was arguing with before said the same thing again. If it's a new person I have the right to reply. If it's the same person then I can say the same thing you just did with me. I have an answer for everything btw. I'll also adjust my views accordingly when I see something. The proof is in the pudding (paper according to Kehlani).

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yes so either it's a new person or the same person I was arguing with before said the same thing again. If it's a new person I have the right to reply. If it's the same person then I can say the same thing you just did with me. I have an answer for everything btw. I'll also adjust my views accordingly when I see something.
It saddens me that the answer you have for everything generally gets recycled numerous times though.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
It saddens me that the answer you have for everything generally gets recycled numerous times though.
Stop making me go in circles then :D. At the end of the day I just need to know what's up. If I can just inform a couple of people of the situation we're in then that's all that matters.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There’s a strict process for this as follows;

@bradyk identifies the player value, and subsequent overs we must pay in order to lure him to our club.

@AlzzBulldog accepts the monumental figure put forward, and demands that the club must pay said figure, no questions asked. Threatens that Board, Coach, Recruitment staff and admin lady must all be sacked if we don’t sign him.

@bradtalo pens an articulate letter to Andrew Hill explaining why this signing is imperative, despite its threat of crippling our salary cap for the next 5 years. Proceeds to create dozens of identical threads on The Kennel to support his case, often in the incorrect subforum.

@Bulldogs09 drafts 10000 paragraphs of material slandering the Board and Coach in readiness for the signing not eventuating. Once Xerri is announced as signed to the Roosters, bores the Kennel to tears with said repetitive paragraphs of dribble.
Yes and we'll get the usual morons on here who put 100% trust in our recruitment team and "current" board and attack anyone who questions if they're doing a half decent job because the admin have such a terrific track record to prove it - like signing world beaters like Stimson and Britt for more money (and more game time) and for extending 4 players already at our club for more money - WHAT BRILLIANT WORK !

Oh and although they won't be able to name any players we could buy that will improve our team themselves they'll whinge about any suggestion of spending big money on ANY player because we're just so fucking stacked full of genuine game breakers already aren't we ? (like we had ONE already) and they genuinely believe in fairies and that our talent scouts are the BEST IN THE LAND at identifying the next superstar (ahead of those working for 15 other NRL clubs) and they will snap up the next Latrell Mitchell or David Fifita for bargain basement prices. And then those players in a few years time IF by some fucking miracle they develop into something extra ordinary they will stay totally loyal to the Dogs for less money and less success than moving to the Roosters the following season.

Wake up for fucks sake !! Do you want our team to be top 4 material by 2021 or "maybe" by 2031 ? Like we can't afford to have ONE (especially with Foran gone) player on a MIL a season without breaking our cap FFS when the more successful teams have multiple.

Fellas if you're so gullible - sorry I meant "confident" in your strategy to improve our team just tell me which available player who currently is not starting in any NRL team who you would BET $1M on to play better than Mitchell or Fifita next year ? I'll go with the PROVEN players who have already won comps, been highest pointscorer in the whole NRL and played rep footy thank you. You morons would rather spend millions on MAYBES with some potential or bog average first graders / depth to play reserve grade for most of the year rather than having a couple of superstars winning us extra games and could make the difference between us making the finals and actually winning some big games. Big players / big plays win big games.

What did we save the money for to spend it or to keep it in the safe like a fucking bank ? We're not bankers. I hate to break this to you but we're in the entertainment business competing for fans and crowds against other NRL teams, and many other sports and activities. Not going to attract new audiences or revenue without some decent talent to showcase

Last edited:

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Let he who actually wants to come and play for us join our club for the right reasons, and not chase those who scoff at us or pass us by.
Let us be that true club of old the Bullfrog made us famous for. Bulldog Spirit..

Last edited:

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Let he who actually wants to come and play for us join our club for the right reasons, and not worry about those who scoff at us or pass us by.
Who and why. I hate to break it to you but we're not going to get anyone (anyone that'll make a difference) unless we're the last option. That's unless we do $omething about it. Also last season showed we have Bulldog spirit just lacking ability.

AucklandDog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yes and we'll get the usual morons on here who put 100% trust in our recruitment team and "current" board and attack anyone who questions if they're doing a half decent job because the admin have a terrific track record to prove it - like signing worldbeaters like Stimson and Britt for more money (and more game time) and for extending 4 players already at our club for more money - BRILLIANT WORK !

Oh and although they won't be able to name any players we could buy that will improve our team themselves they'll whinge any suggestion of spending big money on ANY player because we're already so stacked full of genuine gamebreakers (I wish they could name at least ONE) and they genuinely believe in fairies and that our talent scouts are the best in the land (ahead of those working for 15 other NRL clubs) because our telent scouts are the best identify ahead of all other 15 NRL clubs and we'll snap up the next Latrell Mitchell or David Fifita for bargain basement prices (oh and they'll then stay loyal to the Dogs for less money and success than moving to the Roosters the following season). Wake up for fucks sake !! Do you want our team to be top 4 material by 2021 or "maybe" by 2031 ?
The way you're going, you're gonna have an aneurysm by 2021

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score

@bradyk identifies the player value, and subsequent overs we must pay in order to lure him to our club.

@AlzzBulldog accepts the monumental figure put forward, and demands that the club must pay said figure, no questions asked. Threatens that Board, Coach, Recruitment staff and admin lady must all be sacked if we don’t sign him.

@bradtalo pens an articulate letter to Andrew Hill explaining why this signing is imperative, despite its threat of crippling our salary cap for the next 5 years. Proceeds to create dozens of identical threads on The Kennel to support his case, often in the incorrect subforum.

@Bulldogs09 drafts 10000 paragraphs of material slandering the Board and Coach in readiness for the signing not eventuating. Once Xerri is announced as signed to the Roosters, bores the Kennel to tears with said repetitive paragraphs of dribble.
Poetry.

However I’m sure #No1Bulldog will have something slanderous to say considering you left his Pulitzer grade posts out of this fine summary.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score

Look at all those ratings! It’s funny cause it’s true haha

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Can't see the sharks letting go of Xerri, surely someone would take on Morris or Dugan can head off to super league. But these days anything can happen.

It is always interesting watching both sides of the argument, those who think we need to pay massive money to attract anyone and the others who think we just sit on our hands and a premiership will drop out of the sky without doing anything.
Your last paragraph hones in on something important but fails to get to the truth - which is that no-one is sitting on their hands and just because the club will only deal on reasonable terms and not pay stupid money doesn’t make them ‘out of their depth’, ‘inept’ or my personal favourite of the dribblers ‘corrupt’.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Listen heads will role im telling ya, if we dont get that big signing ahah
This coming from the one who posted ‘bye bye board’ at the end of 2020 if ‘big signings’ don’t come by then. Even though the board elections are in Feb 2020 and Feb 2022.

Thanks Sherlock.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Your last paragraph hones in on something important but fails to get to the truth - which is that no-one is sitting on their hands and just because the club will only deal on reasonable terms and not pay stupid money doesn’t make them ‘out of their depth’, ‘inept’ or my personal favourite of the dribblers ‘corrupt’.
What is stupid money tho? I wouldn't throw stupid money at players either.
We all know we need to sign players. It's just hard to see a way unless we're using money as in incentive. That's for top or emerging talent tho.
I don't think it's directed at me but some of my opinions overlap with the others. I'm not that hard on the board tho. They have to know what it takes to recruit players and if they don't they'll figure it out (there is no way someone in that space wouldn't know tho). I think a few others are being a bit premature but their concerns are warranted.
I think enough will be shown by Feb 2020 to see if they're the right people for the job tho. As I see majority of the top or emerging talent being locked up by then. I don't think the board has enough time to continue doing what they're doing - regarding recruitment. I do think they've done a good job up until this point just we're going to need more moving forward.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Who and why. I hate to break it to you but we're not going to get anyone (anyone that'll make a difference) unless we're the last option. That's unless we do $omething about it. Also last season showed we have Bulldog spirit just lacking ability.
Lacking experience perhaps, not ability.
That will improve in 2020.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Lacking experience perhaps, not ability.
That will improve in 2020.
I'm not so sure. Lewis and Reimis had worse seasons imo (just some examples). We have a very good leadership group already. There are a lot of positions we need to address. The club has already made it clear at least three of those positions are Centre, Hooker and Prop. I'd add a Winger to that and Halves (which aren't really available). Also just keep in mind improvement by playing applies to every player/team and other teams are also strengthening (Cowboys and Tigers for example).

Last edited:

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
That's the loser spirit talking not you, I understand.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let he who actually wants to come and play for us join our club for the right reasons, and not chase those who scoff at us or pass us by.
Let us be that true club of old the Bullfrog made us famous for. Bulldog Spirit..
That will only come with success. We were that club but because our past caretakers on the board who we placed trust in fucked up we lost it and now some on here still think we should never question the current temporary caretakers about anything because they are the smartest and know and do best. WHEN / IF we become that kind of club again we can enjoy the success and we won't have reason to complain.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
What is stupid money tho? I wouldn't throw stupid money at players either.
We all know we need to sign players. It's just hard to see a way unless we're using money as in incentive. That's for top or emerging talent tho.
I don't think it's directed at me but some of my opinions overlap with the others. I'm not that hard on the board tho. They have to know what it takes to recruit players and if they don't they'll figure it out (there is no way someone in that space wouldn't know tho). I think a few others are being a bit premature but their concerns are warranted.
I think enough will be shown by Feb 2020 to see if they're the right people for the job tho. As I see majority of the top or emerging talent being locked up by then. I don't think the board has enough time to continue doing what they're doing - regarding recruitment. I do think they've done a good job up until this point just we're going to need more moving forward.
Stupid money - $1m+ for Mitchell.
Let the Tigers or Cowboys pay it and see how that turns out for them. The Chooks simply do not lose players they want to keep.

Board continuing what they’re doing - how do you know what they’re doing? Because they don’t provide weekly updates? Which clubs do? How many clubs have made 2021 signing announcements? None as far as I’m aware.

Need more going forward - yes, they’re facing an election in 3 months. Unsure if there’s going to be a rival ticket but regardless it’s logical to think that a) this side of Christmas there’s not much to say and b) closer to the election they’ll start trotting out the goodies like all politicians.

Fair comment re: overlap - I wouldn’t class you in the dribbler section :-)

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I'm not so sure. Lewis and Reimis had worse seasons imo (just some examples). We have a very good leadership group already. There are a lot of positions we need to address. The club has already made it clear at least three of those positions are Centre, Hooker and Prop. I'd add a Winger to that and Halves (which aren't really available). Also just keep in mind improvement by playing applies to every player/team and other teams are also strengthening (Cowboys and Tigers for example).
Agree Lewis had a shaky 2019 in attack though defence which was outstanding. Big year for him though - first time father being a young man, Foran out for major chunks of the year etc. I’m not saying he’ll be a superstar in 2020 but he’ll be better for his 2019 experience and knowing that Foran isn’t ‘potentially coming back next week’ should help him focus on his job for the year. Willing to give him another year to see how he develops.

Agree Reimis - the stats showed he scored more than I can remember - it seemed like he hardly had any ball. I hope he sees more in 2020 - great finisher and good speed in open space.

Hooker - sure, but no obvious solutions there (yet) and JMK seems to be improving - let’s see how he goes in 2020.

Centre - I’d like to see more of Harper before making a call. Don’t think Holland or Montoya should be there barring injury.

Prop - more of a 2021 issue I think. Tolman and Napa will be OK for 2020, not necessarily setting the world on fire.

Winger - again 2021 - likely make or break for Meaney in 2020 - unless he really comes into the role (he showed glimpses late in 2019) he probably won’t feature in plans beyond 2020, even though he’s signed for 2021.