Bronson Xerri

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
At least I don't believe the Roosters are cheating the salary cap because they're successful :tonguewink:.

For those wondering, I actually don't know what Xerri is worth. If Ramien went for 500k, Manu resigned for 550k, Latrell worth 700k. I'd probably say Xerri is worth about 400k (maybe that's not enough tbh, already shown a lot of potential). For us to get him probably 500-600k. Anyways whatever the Roosters end up paying add 100-200k to that. It isn't happening tho.

I'm not sure why you guys joke about it. Literally reality that we're not going to sign anyone if we don't spend the money. The figures don't really matter.
Again, while ever the cap is primarily based on contract amounts, and the Rorters underpay their staff, other teams will struggle to get on a fair footing with the Rorters.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Many would argue that speculation about player wages is irrelevant also.
So are you disagreeing that we're not an attraction and we can sign top or emerging players for what they're worth? If not then what you're saying is irrelevant and you're missing the point I'm trying to make. The figures I give aren't 100%, going off media and what I think. I think it's more accurate then information that you give.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
When we're talking about players close or at 1m yes it's going to be that much extra. Not for lower level players. Blowing things out of proportion is your speciality I guess...
I tend to think the opposite would apply in the real world. If a player loves their club as a youngster on low wages and they're offered 10% more of a low wage it's not the same as a player seeing 10% of a large wage. A 20yo on 150k might not want to up stakes and move for $15k so I'd expect a higher contract upgrade to apply. 10% on $800k etc is a rather large enticement to move.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Now that would really FU*k ME OFF.!!!!

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I tend to think the opposite would apply in the real world. If a player loves their club as a youngster on low wages and they're offered 10% more of a low wage it's not the same as a player seeing 10% of a large wage. A 20yo on 150k might not want to up stakes and move for $15k so I'd expect a higher contract upgrade to apply. 10% on $800k etc is a rather large enticement to move.
No it's the opposite. If you're making 200k a jump to 400k (double) feels more then 700k to 1m. The more the player is on the more you're going to have to offer to entice them. Logical. I think you're a little out of touch and don't understand how things work.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
There’s a strict process for this as follows;

@bradyk identifies the player value, and subsequent overs we must pay in order to lure him to our club.

@AlzzBulldog accepts the monumental figure put forward, and demands that the club must pay said figure, no questions asked. Threatens that Board, Coach, Recruitment staff and admin lady must all be sacked if we don’t sign him.

@bradtalo pens an articulate letter to Andrew Hill explaining why this signing is imperative, despite its threat of crippling our salary cap for the next 5 years. Proceeds to create dozens of identical threads on The Kennel to support his case, often in the incorrect subforum.

@Bulldogs09 drafts 10000 paragraphs of material slandering the Board and Coach in readiness for the signing not eventuating. Once Xerri is announced as signed to the Roosters, bores the Kennel to tears with said repetitive paragraphs of dribble.

I think a little bit of wee came out

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Let’s try and be cool and dribble shit about people who only want to see the club improve while the other clubs continual to do so and we continue to do sweet fuck all.

Agendas are exposed.

Anyway off the little one nation party rubbish and on topic. No shock on this. Roosters are a very well ran club and will obviously lock down quality to cover any loss and continue to upgrade and be a force.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Can't see the sharks letting go of Xerri, surely someone would take on Morris or Dugan can head off to super league. But these days anything can happen.

It is always interesting watching both sides of the argument, those who think we need to pay massive money to attract anyone and the others who think we just sit on our hands and a premiership will drop out of the sky without doing anything.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Can't see the sharks letting go of Xerri, surely someone would take on Morris or Dugan can head off to super league. But these days anything can happen.

It is always interesting watching both sides of the argument, those who think we need to pay massive money to attract anyone and the others who think we just sit on our hands and a premiership will drop out of the sky without doing anything.
Wait.. you mean they don’t just magically happen if we wait and see as told daily....

Wow!!! I was certain we wouldn’t have another 15 years !!!

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Wait.. you mean they don’t just magically happen if we wait and see as told daily....

Wow!!!
So many top and emerging players are jumping out of their skin to come to the team expected (bookies) to finish second last. We'll probably be able to get them on unders like the Roosters! Also before anyone attacks me I don't think we'll finish that low but I have a connection to the club and will always go with my heart (even tho it's not making finals). We have to be somewhat realistic guys come on...

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
So many top and emerging players are jumping out of their skin to come to the team expected (bookies) to finish second last. We'll probably be able to get them on unders like the Roosters!
My mistake. Sorry. Forgot that. Don’t know how. We can already see this happening.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So are you disagreeing that we're not an attraction and we can sign top or emerging players for what they're worth? If not then what you're saying is irrelevant and you're missing the point I'm trying to make. The figures I give aren't 100%, going off media and what I think. I think it's more accurate then information that you give.
I'm not really commenting on how attractive our club is to potential recruits. To me that's a waste of time. So many factors can alter the decision making process of players. We saw three emerging talents join us when we were supposedly offering very little in terms of financial inducements (CHN, Cogger, Meaney). DWZ also made his choices when we weren't the only option and were still not in possession of the mythical war chest.

It would be incredibly difficult to miss the point you are trying to make. You've posted the same thing several thousand times reiterating that point, generally downplaying any opinion that doesn't match your own in the process. I see numerous people attempting to get you to recognise that the single opinion you bombard the forum with might not always be applicable. The question you should ask yourself is whether or not you are considering alternative points of view at all.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I'm not really commenting on how attractive our club is to potential recruits. To me that's a waste of time. So many factors can alter the decision making process of players. We saw three emerging talents join us when we were supposedly offering very little in terms of financial inducements (CHN, Cogger, Meaney). DWZ also made his choices when we weren't the only option and were still not in possession of the mythical war chest.

It would be incredibly difficult to miss the point you are trying to make. You've posted the same thing several thousand times reiterating that point, generally downplaying any opinion that doesn't match your own in the process. I see numerous people attempting to get you to recognise that the single opinion you bombard the forum with might not always be applicable. The question you should ask yourself is whether or not you are considering alternative points of view at all.
Yeah the players I'm talking about aren't rejects or players looking for an opportunity that they can't get elsewhere. You're misinformed about DWZ and he was a mid season signing - his hand was forced. I think getting DWZ was a miracle personally so I'm not relying on signing someone in a similar situation anytime soon (100% not filling out our salary cap even if we find one to two players anyways). Also why did we pay overs for Napa? I've said this before, the club has done a terrific job up until this point but we're not going to progress recruiting the same way moving forward especially if 2021 is our target year.

ouwet

Bulldogs 4 Life
Reaction score
Am I the only one who doesn't rate him?

Every game I've watched him play he's been caught out in Defense and done nothing in attack... Yes he has scored a few tries but most of them were gimmes.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Listen heads will role im telling ya, if we dont get that big signing ahah

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah the players I'm talking about aren't rejects or players looking for an opportunity that they can't get elsewhere. You're misinformed about DWZ and he was a mid season signing - his hand was forced. I think getting DWZ was a miracle personally so I'm not relying on signing someone in a similar situation anytime soon (100% not filling out our salary cap even if we find one to two players anyways). Also why did we pay overs for Napa? I've said this before, the club has done a terrific job up until this point but we're not going to progress recruiting the same way moving forward especially if 2021 is our target year.
If it was a miracle in your opinion, which board member are you nominating for the sainthood? I'm not overly religious, but from my limited knowledge of religion I understand that people credited for having a hand in miracles are eligible for sainthood.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
If it was a miracle in your opinion, which board member are you nominating for the sainthood? I'm not overly religious, but from my limited knowledge of religion I understand that people credited for having a hand in miracles are eligible for sainthood.
More the stars aligning. Mid season signing. Only club that could offer him Fullback. If Tigers could of moved Mbye on he wouldn't be here. Now that he's here I'm sure he thinks he made the correct decision. The problem is getting players here. You will just say this isn't true tho so end of argument I guess.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
In Year 9 Commerce I learned that the exact value of something is equal to the value of what someone is willing to pay for it.

I hope that helps this thread.
Yes, It’s called the law of supply and demand.

surfdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would have been more shocked if the roosters didn't have someone lined up once they decided LM had to go