Curtis scott

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
This is correct. And it's also November 18th I believe. And a vast majority of players off contract for 2021 are still not signed up by clubs, are they not?

They have promised things. Why don't you just wait and see until at least Christmas before burning your fucking house down in protest! FFS
The days of burning my house down in protest are long gone :tearsofjoy:
The biggest problem we have is the board is split on making decisions
We all know half of the board wanted Mitchell and the other half and the coach didn't.
You too would be disappointed if you knew details !!!

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Luciano Leluia signs with the tigers .....
We were once linked to him

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe dean pay should not winge moving forward that he needs help and marquee players when faced with adversity next year ( just like he did this year)
The days of burning my house down in protest are long gone :tearsofjoy:
The biggest problem we have is the board is split on making decisions
We all know half of the board wanted Mitchell and the other half and the coach didn't.
You too would be disappointed if you knew details !!!
Luciano Leluia signs with the tigers .....
We were once linked to him

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Well the other clubs boards didn't deplete their teams and go to their members promising marquees now did they?
As I said, our board said we won’t be in the market for marquee signings until 2021. They haven’t lied have they? They still have plenty of time. I wish someone would answer my question though.
I’ve asked it 4 times and not been given an answer. Steve just asked it too.
What other clubs have signed new players for 2021?

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
The fact that we waited until after Nov 1st to announce the signings of the blokes we already had told me everything we needed to know.

Instead of new signings they distract the sheep with contract extensions that could have been done at any time.

These c*nts are split and have no fukin idea what they are doing or how to do it! Old mate cashed in on her Dad's name but that seems to be about it as we discuss hacks like BJ, Friend, Frawley and watch players like Scott and Lattrell go to other clubs unopposed!

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Agree that questions should be asked. Without doubt.

Need to consider the situation they're in and what they have at the present time to attract players.

For me it's about getting the right mix of players. Desperately need a centre and now a half. Expect us to bolster in both of those positions and not splash out on luxury signings in other positions such as second row ...
I love to see Pay succeed But...
Do you believe (no attraction) Pay was and is the answer to our monstrous problem ?
Did you ever ask...Why did they extend his contract ?
Combine our lack of current success, cap issues topped with a rookie coach the results are PROBLEMS !!!

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Do you believe (no attraction) Pay was and is the answer to our monstrous problem ?
Combine our lack of current success, cap issues topped with a rookie coach the results are PROBLEMS !!!
Who would you have signed instead?
Madge turned us down. Not many other decent proven coaches were around.
They resigned him for stability. The players seem to like him and they are the ones at training all day and behind the scenes

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Keeping Pay on when we could and should have grabbed Holbrook tells me one of two things, they actually think he can save us OR they want a scapegoat up their sleeves for when it's judgement time. Having Pay buys them another year to hide behind.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Keeping Pay on when we could and should have grabbed Holbrook tells me one of two things, they actually think he can save us OR they want a scapegoat up their sleeves for when it's judgement time. Having Pay buys them another year to hide behind.
I don’t see why you’d replace a rookie with another just because he won in a comp that’s lower than QLD cup

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I don’t see why you’d replace a rookie with another just because he won in a comp that’s lower than QLD cup
That's your deduction (lower than Qld cup) not a given. As a Qlder I would be more than happy for that to be true but no-one knows this.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
The fact that we waited until after Nov 1st to announce the signings of the blokes we already had told me everything we needed to know.

Instead of new signings they distract the sheep with contract extensions that could have been done at any time.

These c*nts are split and have no fukin idea what they are doing or how to do it! Old mate cashed in on her Dad's name but that seems to be about it as we discuss hacks like BJ, Friend, Frawley and watch players like Scott and Lattrell go to other clubs unopposed!
Spot on.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
That's your deduction (lower than Qld cup) not a given. As a Qlder I would be more than happy for that to be true but no-one knows this.
I’m sure you’ll agree they are definitely sub-par compared to the NRL and dropping fast in the world rankings

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
If titans end up higher on the ladder at the of the 2020 season then we are in dire straits
I’m sure he’s a good coach but not a miracle worker

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Exactly how it is...
Why were they promoting Ben Anderson as Pay's replacement as early as the first few weeks of 2018 leading Pay to go nuts consequently extending his contract to calm things down !!!

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I’m sure you’ll agree they are definitely sub-par compared to the NRL and dropping fast in the world rankings
Qld cup? It raises and lowers on the tide, these teams are "feeder" teams for the NRL so at any time they lose their best players to the NRL, hard to judge too harshly when then happens... It's good honest footy and everyone has a chance on their day.

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Who would you have signed instead?
Madge turned us down. Not many other decent proven coaches were around.
They resigned him for stability. The players seem to like him and they are the ones at training all day and behind the scenes
Before Pay was signed I said if we sign him or Dymock they both would need a mentor coach like Michael Hagan.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Qld cup? It raises and lowers on the tide, these teams are "feeder" teams for the NRL so at any time they lose their best players to the NRL, hard to judge too harshly when then happens... It's good honest footy and everyone has a chance on their day.
No the English super league

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Before Pay was signed I said if we sign him or Dymock they both would need a mentor coach like Michael Hagan.
I’d agree with that and presume Opes was doing that but I meant as far as a head coach

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
No the English super league
Ohh SL, yeah well it's always been below NRL. Use to be a bigger gap IMO back when footy was still rough and tough. Now it's more skill level with several pommie forwards showing us how it's done these days. Although Pommie forwards always had an element of that "hard head" style that I always love. Always say it's good to have atleast 1 pommie forward in your team. Bennett certainly hasn't helped them lol.