News Kieran Foran defiant as Bulldogs demand answers from NRL

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
No such thing as loyalty any more, dog eat dog world, rugby league is a professional business these days, blah blah, etc etc...

Reality check, players are aware of which clubs look after their players and which don't, and this knowledge does influence decisions. Players do not automatically go to the club that offers the most money, there are plenty of other factors.

The club is under no obligation to re-sign Foran once his contract expires. Until then it serves the clubs best interests to show the RL community that we care for everyone who is part of our family.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
No such thing as loyalty any more, dog eat dog world, rugby league is a professional business these days, blah blah, etc etc...

Reality check, players are aware of which clubs look after their players and which don't, and this knowledge does influence decisions. Players do not automatically go to the club that offers the most money, there are plenty of other factors.

The club is under no obligation to re-sign Foran once his contract expires. Until then it serves the clubs best interests to show the RL community that we care for everyone who is part of our family.
Paying him a million a year to play half the season the last 2 years plus the rehab costs is not looking after him enough? I get what you are saying, but it's about time Foran looked after us tbh

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
If its not about money as he says he should be prepared to sign for $400k with performance based bonuses ,its such a pity hes broken as we look so good with him and dwz in the team and foz epitomises bulldog toughness

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can only hope if Foran comes back next year, whoever we have in the halves is killing it, so he can play out his dogs contract in Canterbury Cup. Don't want him getting a few good games in and conning everyone again, a la Lichaa. Be strong Deano, and in the meantime, be scouring the world for a decent half and dummy half.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
The ultimate insult will be him winning a comp with Manly before retiring

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
And we paid for the surgeon that fixes him haha anyway no chance unfortunately with foz its not 1 injury he seems to have so many issues

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Or glass half full would be him taking our cash and then going back to the Sea Beagles and losing the GF against us... That is a wet dream and I can only pray to happen and I promise, ("MARK MY WORDS") I would be near the sidelines on the day absolutely giving it to him and Darth Hasler before during and after that game of dreams.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
he has to retire for his own sake

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If not the shoulder, then will be hammys, back, quads or big toe.

Bulldogs luck with this guy so bad, we can't even get a new injury outa him.
Don’t forget the ankle and syndenmosis bs

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It does seem odd the surgeon is willing to share all but the club are playing their cards close to their chest. The club needs to move on from Foran ASAP. Start the next chapter and try and forget it ever happened.
You can't make lemonade from a rotten lemon
Canterbury attempted to retire him injured in 2018
The disappointing thing is He knew what his body is like and admitted himself yet he and Hitler conned us into signing him for a $1ml a season...That's all that matters to him !!!
So...I really have no sympathy !!!

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I do agree. I just hope he is flexible and realistic too. I am very frustrated, more so how he was signed in the first place on such a ridiculous contract. If a medical was done it must’ve been one of those 5 year old cheerleaders playing doctors and nurses
It was the mad scientist pretending to be Frankenstein :tearsofjoy:

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Even if they have never been family :rage::rage::rage:

Banned
Reaction score
Infection.:mask::dizzy:
... between the ears!
Guy is deadset delusional and the sooner someone smacks him back into reality, the better.
Yet I'd be afraid a Wog slab would detach his head from his shoulders, he's that injury prone!
One thing is for certain, he has shown nil regard to the club, the team, nor the fans.
He does not deserve to have any part of the club after next year at all!
The sooner the door hits him on the way out, the better!
Absolute selfish prick, and I hope that the club grows some testicular and ovarian fortitude and tells him as such.
Preferably with the news that they refuse to ever play him again due to their duty of care requirements.
Playing him in a crippled injury prone state, is a recipe for a negligence lawsuit in 10-20 years when he finally realises how fucked up his body is due to his arrogance.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
... between the ears!
Guy is deadset delusional and the sooner someone smacks him back into reality, the better.
Yet I'd be afraid a Wog slab would detach his head from his shoulders, he's that injury prone!
One thing is for certain, he has shown nil regard to the club, the team, nor the fans.
Absolute selfish prick, and I hope that the club grows some testicular and ovarian fortitude and tells him as such.
Preferably with the news that they refuse to ever play him again due to their duty of care requirements.
Playing him in a crippled injury prone state, is a recipe for a negligence lawsuit in 10-20 years when he finally realises how fucked up his body is due to his arrogance.
Something tells me his just trying to bluff his way into another contract and do the same elsewhere. Our only hope is infection after surgery similar to Burgess. Then maybe we can get our million before June 30.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Something tells me his just trying to bluff his way into another contract and do the same elsewhere. Our only hope is infection after surgery similar to Burgess. Then maybe we can get our million before June 30.
Bloke ain’t bluffing no one
Everyone knows his cooked
I’d say the cook with 28 kids can’t afford him to retire

Cosmo24

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
... between the ears!
You raise a very valid point. His case in 10-20 years would be strong when you consider the injuries he’s sustained and the amount of games played in the last few years due to his many injuries.

Parra - 9 (2016)
Warriors - 17 (2017)
Us - 12 (2018)
Us - 14 (2019)

Reactions: 086

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The way I read it is that if he has the second surgery then the shoulder can recover to 100% but he could avoid the second surgery and be available in the early rounds of next season but it will have issues and ongoing pain.

Given Foran's history any other option besides having the second surgery is utterly ridiculous I can't believe they are even thinking about not going ahead with it.
At the end of the day even if he gets that shoulder repaired 100% the rest of his body is still a ticking time bomb and will no doubt result in another injury.

Have lost all respect for him as he could have been looked after in retirement at least to an amount equal to what he could realistically hope to get next year under a new contract with any club.