Curtis scott

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Thats called lowering expectations so people cant criticise them for poor performance
I don't believe the 2022 season was mentioned, your stretching it now.

We still could afford to throw close to 700k on napa without blinking an eyelid, and good money for DWZ, and glorified first graders in stimson and britt, so a good 1.5m just there ,so I do not buy the bullshit about $$$

In any event, latrell, the turbo boys etc etc the timing is now for 2021 to recruit them.

They, should have been planning this for months, very meticulously one would think.

It's nearly December 2019, election is in Feb, no major kill on a marquee or a major sponsor...
Personally, I'm not at all a pay fan, the way we started and performed most of last year was beyond woeful. But putting things into perspective, the board had/has the massive job of cleaning up the last admin's mistakes, pay took over 2018, he's been in the role for two years with a fairly average roster, and for the second year running we had a semi resurgence at the back end of the season. As far as the board goes, I'll give him until middle of next year, if we at at the same stage then as we were in 2019 then by all means, let the disdain fly.

That's my view and all I'm saying on the matter, if you guys wanna go on and on about the same thing a million times over, have at it

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Your interpretation of being "proactive" to me pushes mediocrity agenda. Every other club can claim they have been proactive aswell
I agree, they have been proactive. And they've missed out on the majority of those that they targeted. Pretty much every other club, even the fellow bottom 8 clubs, have all out recruited us. Most of those clubs were all meant to have limited cap space also...

But hey, the club wants to make Napa and Leilua their two highest paid recruits since they took over so who are we to argue?

Fair enough if they want to be prudent and patient, but don't blow half your budget in a given year on those two on three year deals and then expect us to not question whether they could have done better...

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mate, you give them until the middle of next year to make your mind up.....we will be stuck with them until 2022.......
Personally, I'm not at all a pay fan, the way we started and performed most of last year was beyond woeful. But putting things into perspective, the board had/has the massive job of cleaning up the last admin's mistakes, pay took over 2018, he's been in the role for two years with a fairly average roster, and for the second year running we had a semi resurgence at the back end of the season. As far as the board goes, I'll give him until middle of next year, if we at at the same stage then as we were in 2019 then by all means, let the disdain fly.

That's my view and all I'm saying on the matter, if you guys wanna go on and on about the same thing a million times over, have at it

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Mate, you give them until the middle of next year to make your mind up.....we will be stuck with them until 2022.......
Who will you vote for mate?

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Letters only came recently asking for nominations ...so we will have to wait and see what the other options are..
But in a perfect world for me and quite a few others I speak to who are also members point to the fact that a marquee preferably latrell and a major sponsor will be good enough to vote for no change
But they have got to earn it mate, their re-election, no good saying they are working behind the scenes blah blah, this is a results driven business and so far , their promises to the people have not been met.

Who will you vote for mate?

Last edited:

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Don't read it.

Turn off posts from those you don't like.

I can quite confidently say most of us are sick of you deciding who are those fools you dont suffer...arrogance in the extreme.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Obviously the board and its friends dont like accountability, warranted criticism, and simple questioning by concerned fans.
They sold us the story, we are just following up on their promises.
Be patient, we have a war chest of over $ 8M and when the time has come and ....as of today they have not delivered.
Don’t you hold them to what they say!

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Letters only came recently asking for nominations ...so we will have to wait and see what the other options are..
But in a perfect world for me and quite a few others I speak to who are also members point to the fact that a marquee preferably latrell and a major sponsor will be good enough to vote for no change
But they have got to earn it mate, their re-election, no good saying they are working behind the scenes blah blah, this is a results driven business and so far , their promises to the people have not been met.
Exactly. Sums it up perfectly.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I just can’t see them getting voted out to be honest. A rival ticket would have to be pretty incredible, maybe Bradtalo.
I think people are still thinking about all the players we were forced to release, pay for play for other clubs and also knowing we aren’t in the market 100% for next season. Time will tell

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The club is in transition. It's as simple as that. While in transition it's difficult to sell ourselves to potential players and sponsors because we're really unknown.

Relatively unknown coach. Unknown quality of playing group in that we've got some potential but aren't great. Direction of board is unknown. They're new and cleaning up a lot of mess. All together we don't have a solid basis to sell.

Money isn't enough. Simple. And if it were we don't want that type of player, especially based on what the club has been saying.

Attracting a top top player may help the image of the club in the short term, just as signing players like woods and foran did. But if they're not the right players for the club we'll be in an even worse position in the long term.

That Melbourne centre Scott is a good example. Would've been a brilliant signing for us imo but as soon as Canberra come into it we've got no chance. Just were runners up. Established coach. Strong team and spine. Clear vision. Players know Canberra will be up there again. I wouldn't pick the Dogs over Canberra. It's just how it is atm.

What now? Patience. We just need to see what the club can put together for 2020. Need to build on the past and be more consistent. Feel that a Lomax signing is more likely and I'd be happy with that if I'm honest.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Respect your opinion.

One could argue that the previous board could attract marquees and major sponsors.
We also could have had teddy and mitchell Moses if it wasn't for hasler.
You will find lomax is nearly a done deal at Newcastle.
The club is in transition. It's as simple as that. While in transition it's difficult to sell ourselves to potential players and sponsors because we're really unknown.

Relatively unknown coach. Unknown quality of playing group in that we've got some potential but aren't great. Direction of board is unknown. They're new and cleaning up a lot of mess. All together we don't have a solid basis to sell.

Money isn't enough. Simple. And if it were we don't want that type of player, especially based on what the club has been saying.

Attracting a top top player may help the image of the club in the short term, just as signing players like woods and foran did. But if they're not the right players for the club we'll be in an even worse position in the long term.

That Melbourne centre Scott is a good example. Would've been a brilliant signing for us imo but as soon as Canberra come into it we've got no chance. Just were runners up. Established coach. Strong team and spine. Clear vision. Players know Canberra will be up there again. I wouldn't pick the Dogs over Canberra. It's just how it is atm.

What now? Patience. We just need to see what the club can put together for 2020. Need to build on the past and be more consistent. Feel that a Lomax signing is more likely and I'd be happy with that if I'm honest.

Last edited:

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Respect your opinion.

One could argue that the previous board could attract marquees and major sponsors.
We also could have had teddy and mitchell Moses if it wasn't for hasler.
You will find lomax is nearly a done deal at Newcastle.
We were also playing in grand finals too which helps with sponsors and signings. I still don’t know to this day how the fuck they were planning on paying Tedesco though?!?

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I do not believe we were forced to move on the players.
It is my opinion that the current board did not believe the likes of woods and mybe etc where worth the coin they were on, so they moved them and felt they would free up money and go to the market with a war chest to attract the elite ( in their opinion) I do not believe they expected that they would face so much resistance in the player market.
I just can’t see them getting voted out to be honest. A rival ticket would have to be pretty incredible, maybe Bradtalo.
I think people are still thinking about all the players we were forced to release, pay for play for other clubs and also knowing we aren’t in the market 100% for next season. Time will tell

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
We were also playing in grand finals too which helps with sponsors and signings. I still don’t know to this day how the fuck they were planning on paying Tedesco though?!?
Yes that was bizarre the tedesco bit with our cap how it was/is

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't buy into the salary cap being as bad as the current board made out.
They certainly took mileage from it, and remember it was their decision to move woods,mybe etc and pay some of their freight.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I don't buy into the salary cap being as bad as the current board made out.
They certainly took mileage from it, and remember it was their decision to move woods,mybe etc and pay some of their freight.
To answer both of your responses I believe it was necessary to release those players to prevent breaching the salary cap significantly.

Is it possible that our previous chairman had arranged to pay some one those big name recruits out of the cap? That also might explain how they were going to pay Tedesco (and possibly Moses).

I don’t buy the whole salary cap rise miscalculation as the entire problem regardless of ratchet clauses etc.
Think back to before we started releasing players and add a two of three marquees. How was that even possible to pay them even if the cap was 12 million?

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
We will end up with Leilua and Jack Bird lol

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The board got it right by releasing Woods and Mbye. Neither have fired a shot since.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Our previous chairman did spend a fair bit of time with Nick politis.

Maybe just maybe he was learning the art of how to best utilise the salary cap as there are many concessions.

At the end of the day having a strong team and playing in grand finals is mainly what we aspire to as supporters.

Parramatta Turned their salary cap around very quickly and continue to buy quality players,,,, how do they do it with ease yet we appear to struggle?
To answer both of your responses I believe it was necessary to release those players to prevent breaching the salary cap significantly.

Is it possible that our previous chairman had arranged to pay some one those big name recruits out of the cap? That also might explain how they were going to pay Tedesco (and possibly Moses).

I don’t buy the whole salary cap rise miscalculation as the entire problem regardless of ratchet clauses etc.
Think back to before we started releasing players and add a two of three marquees. How was that even possible to pay them even if the cap was 12 million?