News Kieran Foran defiant as Bulldogs demand answers from NRL

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Not about the money he says pfffft
Yep, will if it’s truly not about the money, he can take minimum wage for 3 years and “play the game he loves” and give back to the club as he has fucking taken us for a ride the last 3 years.

I’m still frothing that he even played in that game...

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
who in their right mind would sign foran to any type of nrl deal, hes done hes finished and should wake up to that fact

couldnt pay foran with buttons bottle top caps or monopoly money, he is a big liability for any club or team

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Foz thinks he can put 3-4 good games together then get a new contract,with his injury history hell be lucky to get any offers once he realises this he will think about retiring

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The only way I can see this being beneficial for both parties is if we negotiate an early release from his playing contract and take him on in a coaching role for the first few years after his retirement. We can offer the coaching role at whatever the going rate is for halves coaching. Basically tell him that we're not going to even let him play Ron Massey cup if he opts for the fastest route back as we have a duty of care.

At this point he's got to be aware that his next contract (if anyone is willing to gamble on him) will likely be potentially a minimum wage and maybe incentives for the NRL games he plays. If he doesn't take up the option of getting the second surgery the club has to stick to their word and sit him out and take the hit under the cap. If we cop criticism from the media we can focus on our duty of care and highlight the fact that we're trying to ensure he's not walking away from the club with a permanent disability.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
who in their right mind would sign foran to any type of nrl deal, hes done hes finished and should wake up to that fact

couldnt pay foran with buttons bottle top caps or monopoly money, he is a big liability for any club or team
99.9% sure someone would sign him on a minimum wage to small contract. I can already see it. Someone will pick him up real cheap and he'll go injury free for two seasons.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
He should not have been playing in that test match full stop.

Yes the injury would have happened during the season but goes to show how selfish he is.

All I hope is that the club is not stupid enough to re-sign him but I wouldn't be surprised to see it happen.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
He should not have been playing in that test match full stop.

Yes the injury would have happened during the season but goes to show how selfish he is.

All I hope is that the club is not stupid enough to re-sign him but I wouldn't be surprised to see it happen.
It would be just as selfish from the club to prevent (which they couldn't do anyways) him representing his country.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Des will
Sign him 100% and having a year off free
Of play and the bulldogs paying for medical service will probably repair him then he goes to manly
Injury free .. just our luck. Fuck des the media loves him .. where’s the stand down for fainu and the punishment for Fifita

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yep, will if it’s truly not about the money, he can take minimum wage for 3 years and “play the game he loves” and give back to the club as he has fucking taken us for a ride the last 3 years.

Before he even played it we all knew he would get injured.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score

I'm not bothered he played in the rep game. It's a good thing. It would have been worse for us if we trained the whole off-season and he then did the shoulder in the early rounds. Which he would have done. If such a nothing tackle supposedly caused the injury, he was a time bomb waiting to go off. I suspect his shoulder was fucked before the match, you don't get that much damage from a nothing tackle. At least now we have the whole off-season to train knowing he's out.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Des will
Sign him 100% and having a year off free
Of play and the bulldogs paying for medical service will probably repair him then he goes to manly
Injury free .. just our luck. Fuck des the media loves him .. where’s the stand down for fainu and the punishment for Fifita
Umm, Fainu is stood down, and Fifitas case isn't finalised yet. And yeh, "injury free" is a temporary condition Foran suffers from sometimes, but it won't last. I hope he goes to manly, they deserve what will happen

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Can see des grabbing him for nxt yr on nxt to nothing

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If people had Latrell fatigue, then I have a Foran coma... In fact I wish I was in a coma so that I could sleep through all of this bullshit that's dragged on for years.

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If anyone from the board even mention extending Forans contract he or she should be dragged out of the club and be beaten to death

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
It would be just as selfish from the club to prevent (which they couldn't do anyways) him representing his country.
Not based on his injury history and it's not as if it's his debut, he's been there and done that. Time that he repaid the club who has paid him roughly $115k per game.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You guys think hes gonna give up something that hes worked so hard for all his life just like that, stop letting your emotion get in the fucking way honestly, yes its a shit situation, but this is his livelihood , his job, career, if he thinks he can keep going, no one else can question it, but obviously it wont be here

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
You guys think hes gonna give up something that hes worked so hard for all his life just like that, stop letting your emotion get in the fucking way honestly, yes its a shit situation, but this is his livelihood , his job, career, if he thinks he can keep going, no one else can question it, but obviously it wont be here
I do agree. I just hope he is flexible and realistic too. I am very frustrated, more so how he was signed in the first place on such a ridiculous contract. If a medical was done it must’ve been one of those 5 year old cheerleaders playing doctors and nurses