CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Brady summed it up pretty well.

I like Arrow but apparently he doesn’t want to leave the GC and would be too expensive.

Can’t see JWH coming.

Thompson maybe.

You’d spend $1m on a prop?
I'd be tempted to spend 1m on Haas tbh..

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
At least one thing is for certain and that is we are finally out of cap hell at the end on 2020. It's been a long and shit drive but the end is in sight!
Agreed.. for now it's better to look at who we will still have on the books past 2020 rather than who we haven't resigned yet.. the only dissapointing one is Crichton.. You'd hope he isn't on much coin. The freedom to finally spend is upon us.

Squash the Berries!

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jackson and Hopoate were our best players last season (I personally gave it to Jackson). DWZ possibly but he only played half the season. Jackson is one of the best captains and leaders (especially through his actions) in the competition... also the example the other guy made the referee has to wait for the player to get back into the line (he was actually called over by the referee) so it was a mistake by the referee not Jackson and could of happened to anyone.
The other guy agrees it wasn't Jacksons fault but the point I was trying to make is he never seems to question the ref as is a captains right, in an attempt to give his team a rest in defence or pressure the ref to even up the penalty count or to influence by saying watching so and so hes been doing it all game.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
The other guy agrees it wasn't Jacksons fault but the point I was trying to make is he never seems to question the ref as is a captains right, in an attempt to give his team a rest in defence or pressure the ref to even up the penalty count or to influence by saying watching so and so hes been doing it all game.
I agree. He needs to be smarter and more vocal

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not for a prop, but someone that can win us games on his own.

Let's say our defence is spot on again next year, we need a game breaker for the tight games, I mean how many games did we lose last year for 6 or less points..

Look at Canberra, defence pretty good in the G , but no real game breaker, they could have won that.

I keep on pushing latrell cause for me it is black and white, we need to fund a marquee and build the team around him
Brady summed it up pretty well.

I like Arrow but apparently he doesn’t want to leave the GC and would be too expensive.

Can’t see JWH coming.

Thompson maybe.

You’d spend $1m on a prop?

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score

Let's say our defence is spot on again next year, we need a game breaker for the tight games, I mean how many games did we lose last year for 6 or less points..

Look at Canberra, defence pretty good in the G , but no real game breaker, they could have won that.

I keep on pushing latrell cause for me it is black and white, we need to fund a marquee and build the team around him
I agree with pretty much all that - except the Mitchell part :-) Just don’t see him fitting where we are including financially. But no need to keep harping on about that.

You made some good signing suggestions in your other message that I think would be a better fit, for the right price and help with our attacking woes.

Yes, several games we lost by not many - that needs to change. I think more experience from the younger fellas will see us be better at that in 2020 but I agree we need more.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

We still lose because we don't have a genuine playmaker in the spine, we don't even have a ball player lol. The fuck is Latrell going to do with budget Lewis throwing shit house balls to him all season?

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
We still lose because we don't have a genuine playmaker in the spine, we don't even have a ball player lol. The fuck is Latrell going to do with budget Lewis throwing shit house balls to him all season?
You don’t like Lewis?

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
The forward that's ineffective in the forwards so he plays in the halves? No.
Haha I know mate, was just stirring you but in all honesty I think our 2020 halves combination of Lewis and Josh Reynolds can really give the top 4 a shake :grinning:

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Haha I know mate, was just stirring you but in all honesty I think our 2020 halves combination of Lewis and Josh Reynolds can really give the top 4 a shake :grinning:
Imagine the pass accuracy and error rate between those two :tearsofjoy:

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Remember when the kennel, specifically the ones who would give the world to Mitchell were constantly harping about giving TPJ a million?
True. Bloke is a loose cannon on the field and has fuck all discipline, meanwhile Haas is arguably the best prop in the game and somehow the Broncos got him for a steal.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Remember when the kennel, specifically the ones who would give the world to Mitchell were constantly harping about giving TPJ a million?
Haha yep. They’d hand out millions like Oprah handing out cars

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'd be tempted to spend 1m on Haas tbh..
I think his pretty much locked up on that coin though if he is available then it should be more than desire. I'd go very close to saying he is the best forward in the comp bar the JT's and if his not he will be.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Youd think with all their upgrades of late the broncos wouldn’t be able to offer fledgler alot surely hes ripe

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It will come mate, currently he is the best defensive half we have had for a while, and prob one of the best in short kicking game and getting repeat sets of six ...I'm sure his improvement in this area has been helped by shifty Sherwin spending some time with him ..
Getting good clean ball along with some good balls to latrell when he takes on the line is not far away.

iDoggiesFan

Kennel Established
Reaction score
True. Bloke is a loose cannon on the field and has fuck all discipline, meanwhile Haas is arguably the best prop in the game and somehow the Broncos got him for a steal.
That’s because the Bronx had identified him as a huge prospect and wrapped him up before he made any impact in first grade...

Something our club needs to learn from.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
It will come mate, currently he is the best defensive half we have had for a while, and prob one of the best in short kicking game and getting repeat sets of six ...I'm sure his improvement in this area has been helped by shifty Sherwin spending some time with him ..
Getting good clean ball along with some good balls to latrell when he takes on the line is not far away.
Er, except that Mitchell ain’t comin’...

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
I really doubt anyone is going to fork out $900k for Jackson especially Newcastle their cap is stretched to the limit. I think he will end up staying but the longer it drags out the more chance is he is going.
At this stage of his career Id be very surprised, considering the likes of Frizell, Arrow, Fifita, Cam Murray would rank ahead of Jacko and hes not getting any younger. Having said that, who would have the need for the type of player he is and the coin to outbid us? Souths, Sharks, Tigers?. All the same he appears to be unimpressed with our offer? Maybe there 'could be' another interested party...if the dominos fall the right way.