Opinion Is Intrust Cup stronger than Super League?

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Since majority of the Kumuls players in tonights victory were Qcup players, does it finally prove that English Super League is weaker than Qcup?

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Seems so but we will have to wait an see how it plays out a little longer lol.

milkdog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
6 of the starting 13 for GB played in the NRL this year. I just think PNG played with more passion and heart. They ran harder, tackled harder and just played as a team.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
6 of the starting 13 for GB played in the NRL this year. I just think PNG played with more passion and heart. They ran harder, tackled harder and just played as a team.
Agree with this,
Does it mean Tonga local rugby league is better then nrl because they beat aus....
No
Just played last night with more heart done everything faster and better than GB

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
If a team plays with heart you can beat any team, don’t need a team full of superstars.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Agree with this,
Does it mean Tonga local rugby league is better then nrl because they beat aus....
No
Just played last night with more heart done everything faster and better than GB
No disrespect to the Tongans but none of the Tongan players played domestic league in Tonga..

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
No I don’t think so
It proves to me that Wayne Bennett is a myth

H-dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was refreshing to have the whistle put away for most of the game and allowed it to flow, also watching a burgess play like a bustard ass is always entertaining

Banned
Reaction score
If a team plays with heart you can beat any team, don’t need a team full of superstars.
You meant we don't need these million dollar marquee players that some fans keep shoving down our throats as an absolute must?

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
You meant we don't need these million dollar marquee players that some fans keep shoving down our throats as an absolute must?
It will help but not really PNG proved that point

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No disrespect to the Tongans but none of the Tongan players played domestic league in Tonga..
I know but I’m sure you get what I’m saying
Intrust is not stronger than super league
Not to mention all the kiwis n Aussies in super league

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agree; just hope that pay reminds our players of the fact,
However one odd game is different to week in week out RL, simply because the game has become far to vigorous and ruthless.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Agree; just hope that pay reminds our players of the fact,
However one odd game is different to week in week out RL, simply because the game has become far to vigorous and ruthless.
True but I think we finished the year strong cause the team played with heart.

Brizdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I think the Instrust super cup would be on par with super league to be honest. Great win PNG. Great Britain would have hated the humidity up there.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
True but I think we finished the year strong cause the team played with heart.
It would be great if the players could keep up the effort they showed at the end of 2019, for the entire 2020 season, but I doubt it.