Keary/Teddy are off contract end of 2021

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Let’s just get Keary, wouldn’t mind at all.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Please dont tell the bradly boys
Until it's done or finished (100%) you have a chance. Simple logic. I guess we should make fun of DWZ thinking we could still make finals so many games out (people like you probably did because you don't get the competitive side of people and the mentality you have to have).

Juicydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Until it's done or finished (100%) you have a chance. Simple logic. I guess we should make fun of DWZ thinking we could still make finals so many games out (people like you probably did because you don't get the competitive side of people and the mentality you have to have).
Yeah mate, Tedesco is coming to the dogs - very simple logic!

Dickhead

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Yeah mate, Tedesco is coming to the dogs - very simple logic!

Dickhead
Tedesco is coming to the Dogs if we offer him at least 1.3m (probably more). If we offer that or not is a different story. You're the dickhead that doesn't offer anything to these forums (you're a yes no man). You have some of the worst views and way of thinking out of anyone on these forums. I'll be honest all I've seen is the gif and I've replied generally. This is more then just Tedesco.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The negatives people give are that Latrell has an attitude problem (he's literally better then everyone in his position and he's still young), bad defensively and is lazy. Some more advanced things that people say are that he drifts in and out of games and needs other players to inject him as he doesn't look for work, "Ferrari". Centre isn't a 1m position yet they don't look at what's available on the market in the spine. Someone like Townsend would cost us at least 700k. I just think people are missing the bigger picture that we have to pay overs for top or emerging players. On top of that there isn't that much available. I thought and still think Latrell was the most ideal signing we could make. Why we won't or didn't sign him only the club knows atm (and they were split just like the fans).
Totally agree and I just can't get why anyone would be against us signing a gamebreaker (someone who can create something from nothing) in any position even if we have to pay overs (which any club would have to). It's not like we have many / ANY. Plus Mitchell has the "potential" to be an upgrade on the fullback spine position on top. Like you say there's no great halves around worth $1M so we might as well improve the positions we can when we can to the best of our ability. Even IF Keary becomes available on the open market for 2022 (highly unlikely Politis will let that happen) how much would we have to offer him and many on here will whinge he's not worth it because of his concussion history. I just don't know where some fans expect our points to come from

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Time will tell.
If he signs anywhere (Tigers still no deal)
And let’s assume Tigers, how that pans out.
I still say a top notch team like the Chooks made him go better. A team like the Tigers or even the current Dogs without that quality just doesn’t get bang for buck for $1m.

If he signs with the Tigers, carves up and they go deep into the 8 clearly as a result of his contribution I’ll be the first to say I had it wrong.

In the mean time, the humble pie stays in the freezer.
I 100% believe if the Tigers play him at fullback his work rate with that position will obviously increase and he'll more than just "handle it". I remember him having a great game at "fullback" against us a few years ago when he first came into first grade and I think he scored a couple of tries. He'd have to be an upgrade on Mbye or Thompson just on natural ability / skills alone and he will become like what Tedesco used to be for them. Plus his goalkicking and general kicking will be a huge bonus for them also.

All while we could have had him doing the same for us with DWZ playing in the centres but no our recruitment committee chose not to sign anyone to improve Dean Pay's roster. Harper will go okay but he's definitely nowhere in the class of Mitchell plus he can't kick as far as I know. Remember Pay said publicly he wanted a franchise player so I'm pretty sure he would have wanted Mitchell rather than no-one. He's a rookie coach and certainly would like anyone that's going to improve our roister. I just think the club admin is failing to help Pay at the moment and if it's because the board couldn't agree on a price for Mitchell (which could be true for all we know) it's just shit

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
And then it will be 2023..

Mate they are out of their depth
Assuming you’re a voting member you’ll have your opportunity to change that in February.

You could even assemble a rival ticket and run.

If you’re so unhappy with the current directors and direction, they are your best choices.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I 100% believe if the Tigers play him at fullback his work rate with that position will obviously increase and he'll more than just "handle it". I remember him having a great game at "fullback" against us a few years ago when he first came into first grade and I think he scored a couple of tries. He'd have to be an upgrade on Mbye or Thompson just on natural ability / skills alone and he will become like what Tedesco used to be for them. Plus his goalkicking and general kicking will be a huge bonus for them also.

All while we could have had him doing the same for us with DWZ playing in the centres but no our recruitment committee chose not to sign anyone to improve Dean Pay's roster. Harper will go okay but he's definitely nowhere in the class of Mitchell plus he can't kick as far as I know. Remember Pay said publicly he wanted a franchise player so I'm pretty sure he would have wanted Mitchell rather than no-one. He's a rookie coach and certainly would like anyone that's going to improve our roister. I just think the club admin is failing to help Pay at the moment and if it's because the board couldn't agree on a price for Mitchell (which could be true for all we know) it's just shit
Perspective mate.

What Pay might’ve said in the past he wants doesn’t mean financial reality for the club. You may have noticed he’s not saying so much publicly now too.

Harper and Mitchell are night and day not just on field but cost wise - and any comparison really doesn’t make much sense.

2020 will see us out of the financial jungle.
There’s many pieces to the puzzle.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
FFS I dont blame anyone for not wanting to "concentrate" on 2020 for the obvious reason
Why? 2020 comes first!!
The club cannot be cannon fodder for the NRL again for another season just making up numbers.

If we don't improve next season then the members & supporters have every right to be outspoken. Are we now a club that will finish in the bottom 8 more often than not.

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let’s just get Keary, wouldn’t mind at all.
Ye lets just get Keary...when he was available before he signed with the rooster most people on the kennel didn't want to touch him...now he is everyone's cup of tea!

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Ye lets just get Keary...when he was available before he signed with the rooster most people on the kennel didn't want to touch him...now he is everyone's cup of tea!
Yup correct, that’s how it seems to go. Mind you most people do base their opinion on the person not the talent..!! which makes it a little different. Pros an cons, will always be that way. No dickhead policy will always apply.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Same thing with M.Moses and Brooks and they've just came off career best seasons.

MountMontoya

Kennel Established
Reaction score
we wont sign anyone on that list

our broad is too stupid to offer the correct money to these players