Dogs want to sign Joey Leilua

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I think from what I seen wighton was on 750k and wants more.

Agree with junkyard. Wighton for 800k+ or latrel for 800k+ I take latrell.

Even if it’s 100-200k more.

He kicks goals and breaks
The game Open more and is younger and in my opinion has more ability to draw in both sponsors and players.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
We'd have to pay him over the mil it would seem if he isn't happy with 900k. A lot might not agree with me but id definitely rather Mitchell as these prices, as I still see Wighton as a Centre and doesn't have the X Factor that Mitchell is. Both "could" be decent 5/8's in the future. Yeah, yeah I know he won Churchill at 5/8 etc but still.
I'd prefer Latrell too. Wighton's a proven versatile player that competes on everything for 80 minutes. Just doesn't have that X Factor Latrell has. We're also crying out for a goal kicker and a field goal option. Also Latrell is still young and could be anything. We'd be fuming if he got to the GI heights and didn't sign him.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I'd prefer Latrell too. Wighton's a proven versatile player that competes on everything for 80 minutes. Just doesn't have that X Factor Latrell has. We're also crying out for a goal kicker and a field goal option. Also Latrell is still young and could be anything. We'd be fuming if he got to the GI heights and didn't sign him.
We've been crying out for these attributes for a while now and he's there for the taking. Hopefully we can get him.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wighton’s D at centre on the weekend wasn’t great

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If reports are true and curtis Scott has signed with raiders for 2020 then I see blow job leuilia in dogs colours next season

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Sad if true, raiders improve. We take their scraps to make it happen for them...

Ffs. Worst part is that’s an upgrade despite him being 30, injury proned, brain snaps galore and lazy. No doubt on big $ as he wouldn’t walk out of raiders deal without that too as he’s on good $ there.

We will have heaps keen for ours in holland and montoya ffs

Deadset if we are serious we are now on the phone to Scott.

After the latrell shit and now Scott clearly on the market what are hoping for?

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Still talking about this eeeek..!!

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sad if true, raiders improve. We take their scraps to make it happen for them...

Ffs. Worst part is that’s an upgrade despite him being 30, injury proned, brain snaps galore and lazy. No doubt on big $ as he wouldn’t walk out of raiders deal without that too as he’s on good $ there.

We will have heaps keen for ours in holland and montoya ffs

Deadset if we are serious we are now on the phone to Scott.

After the latrell shit and now Scott clearly on the market what are hoping for?
The sad part is i bet our board doesn’t even try to get him

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hilarious stuff, I am now starting to think now that our potential signings have nothing to do with our return on investment nor whether they will buy into our DNA...
If reports are true and curtis Scott has signed with raiders for 2020 then I see blow job leuilia in dogs colours next season

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Leilua's an upgrade but if you're going to spend 500-600k for Leilua just go the extra step for Latrell ffs... i'll support whoever we sign tho... unless it's Frawley...

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Can't wait for BJ to sign. He would be a great upgrade on Holtoya.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We've been crying out for these attributes for a while now and he's there for the taking. Hopefully we can get him.
He is there for the taking for a second time. Can’t pass him up again.

Funny thing is we went after Foran 4 times. And grossly over paid for him. Like 3-4 times what storm wanted to pay. And all the fans could see what a stupid signing that was.

Now you have the chance to pick up a 22 year old that has been playing out of position and killing it. You have a chance to get him involved way more. Get him 2-3 times more ball and he has the chance to be the highest point scorer for the next 10 years.

But we re-sign Zelezniak (fair enough guy has done nothing wrong). But I’m sure that involves a guaranteed fullback spot. And then I guess the board baulked at paying 1m+ for a centre.

Thing is. The undoubted second best fullback in the comp is turbo. And the heir apparent to teddy. I think if given a chance Latrell could knock Tommy turbo if not even teddy off. It all comes down to Mitchell feeling important and embracing fullback and working just as hard as teddy and turbo for it.

I have no doubt if he did that he has no reason why he can’t surpass Inglis when it’s all said and done. Then the kennel in 2029 will be like fuck can’t believe we didn’t sign him. And he will be a part of all the other what if teams that float around here from time to time :p

If we want a marquee signing our best chance is latrell. As simple as that. If we want to rebuild with the likes of Lewis and zelezniak and bring in leilua and rapanas then fair enough. But it’s not often you have someone tell you. This is my price take it or leave it. Most cases if you leave it you lose your chance.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Leilua's an upgrade but if you're going to spend 500-600k for Leilua just go the extra step for Latrell ffs...
You make it sound as easy as buying the next size up of popcorn at the movies

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Hilarious stuff, I am now starting to think now that our potential signings have nothing to do with our return on investment nor whether they will buy into our DNA...
More to do with who will sign with us, after we've asked around all the clubs, who will offer up their slops to us and how well Pay gets along with their coach? *fearscream*

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Haha yep what’s a lazy half a million when we still have salary cap issues
We're sitting on money especially when we get Foran's 350k. I'm sure we could find ways to raise an extra 100-200k. I'm not sure that's the issue tho. Also we're spending "a lazy half a million" on Leilua so why not go the extra step... I'd rather do someone a bit crazy to fit Latrell in but maybe that's just me.

Status
Not open for further replies.