Keary/Teddy are off contract end of 2021

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
mmmm... Ado-Carr, Xerri and Cam Murray please.

But, it's most likely slim chance, no chance and not a chance in fuckin hell...

Fuck teddy and Kearey has concussion issues. Ferguson is a nob Pierce is too old and I fear for our mascot.
Rumour I heard was that Cronulla were going to release Xerri to the Roosters (paid by Cronk money) to make space for Ramien.

If this turns out to be true we need to go for Xerri HARD. Unfortunately Murray bleeds Crimson and Myrtle, It would take a miracle (or a disaster) to get him out of there.

I think Keary and Tedesco are million dollar players.

I haven't seen much of Flannagan but hasn't impressed from what I have seen, but Ado-Carr would be a wet dream.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Rumour I heard was that Cronulla were going to release Xerri to the Roosters (paid by Cronk money) to make space for Ramien.

If this turns out to be true we need to go for Xerri HARD. Unfortunately Murray bleeds Crimson and Myrtle, It would take a miracle (or a disaster) to get him out of there.

I think Keary and Tedesco are million dollar players.

I haven't seen much of Flannagan but hasn't impressed from what I have seen, but Ado-Carr would be a wet dream.
Add a couple 100k on top of the Roosters offer then for Xerri.
Murray will be close to if not a 1m player by then (he's up there with Taumalolo and Jurbo imo - just needs to do it for a few more years).
If Keary and Tedesco are 1m players we're looking at least 1.3m each (some people even say Tedesco if worth more then 1m).
Flanagan is a young gun and we tried to sign him but he chose the Roosters instead. When Johnson was out for the Sharks last year he really stepped up (was unfairly dropped imo). I think the Sharks should of moved on Townsend he's that good.
Addo-Carr is possible because he's only on 350k/year at the Storm. He's been linked with a move to Rabbitohs tho and he isn't going to come cheap. 6-700k at least.
I think we should be worrying about the talent available for 2021 before 2022.

Last edited:

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The negatives people give are that Latrell has an attitude problem (he's literally better then everyone in his position and he's still young), bad defensively and is lazy. Some more advanced things that people say are that he drifts in and out of games and needs other players to inject him as he doesn't look for work, "Ferrari". Centre isn't a 1m position yet they don't look at what's available on the market in the spine. Someone like Townsend would cost us at least 700k. I just think people are missing the bigger picture that we have to pay overs for top or emerging players. On top of that there isn't that much available. I thought and still think Latrell was the most ideal signing we could make. Why we won't or didn't sign him only the club knows atm (and they were split just like the fans).
You need to make note that Mitchell doesn't want to play Centre. He wants FB.

If I was paying $1 000 000 a year for a FB I would take Tedesco over Mitchell any day.

And if Mitchell would play centre, I would still prefer to sign Xerri and Lomax for $1.2 mil combined than $1 mill for Mitchell.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Add a couple 100k on top of the Roosters offer then for Xerri.
Murray will be close to if not a 1m player by then (he's up there with Taumalolo and Jurbo imo - just needs to do it for a few more years).
If Keary and Tedesco are 1m players we're looking at least 1.3m each (some people even say Tedesco if worth more then 1m).
Flanagan is a young gun and we tried to sign him but he chose the Roosters instead. When Johnson was out for the Sharks last year he really stepped up (was unfairly dropped imo). I think the Sharks should of moved on Townsend he's that good.
Addo-Carr is possible because he's only on 350k/year at the Storm. He's been linked with a move to Rabbitohs tho and he isn't going to come cheap. 6-700k at least.
I think we should be worrying about the talent available for 2021 before 2022.
I agree about Xerri, we need to go hard for him.

Keary and Tedesco we would probably be about $1.2 $1.3 mil but probably worth it. but Murray will not leave the Bunnies anytime soon.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
You need to make note that Mitchell doesn't want to play Centre. He wants FB.

If I was paying $1 000 000 a year for a FB I would take Tedesco over Mitchell any day.

And if Mitchell would play centre, I would still prefer to sign Xerri and Lomax for $1.2 mil combined than $1 mill for Mitchell.
So the thing is we wouldn't get Tedesco for 1m. At least 1.3m for 2022. If Latrell (who we'd get for either 2020 or 2021) had to play Fullback I'd still sign him to play there. If DWZ has to play Fullback too then I can say he also has the same issue Latrell has. I rate Latrell higher then DWZ so it'd be his spot to lose (if he's struggling or can't adapt we move him back to the Centres).

I would still prefer Latrell over Xerri and Lomax even if it was the same money. I wouldn't say no to any of them tho.

imo 99.9% of players will leave if there is enough money as an incentive (including Murray). If it gets to the point where it's overs on overs then I wouldn't bother. If we're using Latrell as an example I'd offer him 900k-1m and if that isn't enough (and he wanted 1.2-1.3m) then next target.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Eastwood was a good clubman. It sucked that we bought she rex and didn’t keep dale.
Eastwood was garbage during his final contract, should've been let go and given Dale the minutes and 13 jersey.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Eastwood was garbage during his final contract, should've been let go and given Dale the minutes and 13 jersey.
You can’t blame him for taking the coin that Des and co offered though. In 2018 he was on close to $800k to play reggies - ridiculous.

I reckon T-Rex was a worse decision over Eastwood though.

Oh Dale - we still mourn your loss...

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
You can’t blame him for taking the coin that Des and co offered though. In 2018 he was on close to $800k to play reggies - ridiculous.

Eastwood/Finucane were competing for the same spot at the time, Williams was out on the edge.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Eastwood/Finucane were competing for the same spot at the time, Williams was out on the edge.
I know, I’m just saying a team with Eastwood and Finucane would’ve been better than Williams anywhere. But he was Des’ pet.

How he’s in Manly’s Top 30 for 2020 is beyond me.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Lets get real. We are getting no one from that list.

The blueprint is to bring through juniors and retain them this time! Damien Cook the prime example. We've had class players come through the ranks but the club fucked up so we are waiting for the next crop of talent to come through. Sign some experienced players and some English players on the cheap.

We are following the Raiders blueprint not the Roosters blue print. Even though Roosters sign big money players they still have a better track record of blooding and retaining players who make the step up to first grade.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I know, I’m just saying a team with Eastwood and Finucane would’ve been better than Williams anywhere. But he was Des’ pet.

How he’s in Manly’s Top 30 for 2020 is beyond me.
Meh. Eastwood was absolutely cooked at the backend of his career, I remember his 4 runs for 30 odd metres in 50 minutes of footy. He should've been let go years earlier. His coin could've easily been reinvested in other areas.

Costa84

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Can't blame the club for signing Trex... he was a fucking beast at Manly... everyone wanted him. No one could predict such an immediate decline.

Who knows what would have happened if Des just swallowed his pride and dropped him early.. might have swung things around.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Meh. Eastwood was absolutely cooked at the backend of his career, I remember his 4 runs for 30 odd metres in 50 minutes of footy. He should've been let go years earlier. His coin could've easily been reinvested in other areas.
If Eastwood was taller he would have been the best forward in the game. LOL

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Lets get real. We are getting no one from that list.

The blueprint is to bring through juniors and retain them this time! Damien Cook the prime example. We've had class players come through the ranks but the club fucked up so we are waiting for the next crop of talent to come through. Sign some experienced players and some English players on the cheap.

We are following the Raiders blueprint not the Roosters blue print. Even though Roosters sign big money players they still have a better track record of blooding and retaining players who make the step up to first grade.
A ~24 year old is not a prime example. He obviously didn't show enough for us otherwise we wouldn't of signed Lichaa over him - one of the hottest players coming through. Maybe he didn't get a chance (as he shouldn't with Ennis in the team). Did he light up reserves? He's the second best Hooker now but that's hindsight. No one knew that until his second year at the Rabbitohs. People complain spending money on potential. We merge all our thoughts together and we don't sign anyone. Every club now wants English imports (so guess what... we're going to have to overpay for the best players there too - Thompson linked with the Rabbitohs if you need an example) and they have no NRL experience so it's a risk.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I agree. He should never have been offered that last deal - at least not such a long and prosperous one - such was the wisdom and Des/Dib.

All I’m saying is that if Williams was the last backrower on earth - I’d demand a re-count.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Can't blame the club for signing Trex... he was a fucking beast at Manly... everyone wanted him. No one could predict such an immediate decline.

Who knows what would have happened if Des just swallowed his pride and dropped him early.. might have swung things around.
I think that’s what I resent the most.

You can’t chop and change the team every week, but Williams should’ve been in reggies a lot earlier than he was.

Made it worse when he admitted he only came to the Dogs for the money.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Theres a host of very high quality players coming off contract in 12 months time. Heres a list of some:

Jesse Bromwich
Dale Finucane
Felise Kaufusi
Josh Addo-Carr
Bronson Xerri
Mitchell Pearce
Blake Ferguson
Ryan Matterson
Maika Sivo
Joshua Cook
Cameron Murray
Angus Crichton
Kyle Flanagan
Luke Keary
James Tedesco

I think maybe the doggies should be front ending some contracts for 2020/2021 and try to get 2-3 of these players for 2022
how fucking sad.... we were told to wait til 2021 that now looks fucked and guys are now building hope for 2022 & it’s only fucking 2019

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
For fuck sake let's concentrate & worry about 2020 not 20 fucking 22.

Last edited: