Bronc's offering Fifita 750K. How much should we offer ?

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
If we were pitching 2.5M to the Turbos as reported (and it would have taken that to get them obviously) we should be able to afford both Mitchell AND Fifita for 2021 - especially now we won't be paying Foran after 2020.
As reported as reported as reported..
It’s media bullshit mate and the sooner you realise that the better. The turbos were never leaving Manly and made that very clear. Why were we going to be paying Foran after 2020 anyway?

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I find it amusing that Wayne Bennett didn’t like paying big money for forwards. Some great young forwards came through the ranks under his watch and now he leaves and the broncos are so top heavy with forwards on such massive contracts and a shit spine
A shit spine?

Cook arguably best hooker in game now Smith is old.

Walker made origin.

Reynolds has been floating about there for years as a fringe option and has to be one of the better 7s at nrl level. (Not elite like cronk was but not shit either, certainly above average)

Inglis was fullback and totally unforeseen retirement leaves some average options agreed.

Still if there spine is shit what the fuck is ours.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
A shit spine?

Cook arguably best hooker in game now Smith is old.

Walker made origin.

Reynolds has been floating about there for years as a fringe option and has to be one of the better 7s at nrl level. (Not elite like cronk was but not shit either, certainly above average)

Inglis was fullback and totally unforeseen retirement leaves some average options agreed.

Still if there spine is shit what the fuck is ours.
Haha we are talking about the broncos mate....

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
"A rookie" who bent back/broken every line he's played against, whether club or international...
Doesn’t mean shit look at tumalolo his worth a million now, how long has he been bending/ breaking lines and scoring trie and has foot work.
Your telling me Fifita is better?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
What spine is better?
1. Boyd
6. Milford
7. Dearden
9. McCullough

or

1. DWZ
6. Wakeham (rip Foran)
7. Lewis
9. JMK

Broncos have better Backs, Forwards and Bench... :imp:

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
What spine is better?
1. Boyd
6. Milford
7. Dearden
9. McCullough

or

1. DWZ
6. Wakeham (rip Foran)
7. Lewis
9. JMK

Broncos have better Backs, Forwards and Bench... :imp:
Sadly they are both shit.

Broncos have a better forward (haas and Fifita are far better then any of ours) plus a bunch are ok players to solid like joe, pangai, lodge etc. Jackson chn etc are the same ok to
Solid.

Their backs with staggs Oates bird (although riddled with injuries are better. Smith is good, hoppa too though yeh.

Broncos need to play Milford at 1. He needs to be fit and he will be dangerous. It’s hiw
He was at raiders.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Christ that is huge coin for a backrower. I think the Taumalolo contract is having wider implications than just farking up the Cowboys cap.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As reported as reported as reported..
It’s media bullshit mate and the sooner you realise that the better. The turbos were never leaving Manly and made that very clear. Why were we going to be paying Foran after 2020 anyway?
I'm not so sure. There were "multiple" reports earlier in the year then again a month or so ago. If the club were seriously considering it (and you would think they would consider all such players actually) then they would have known that they had to part with around that figure. Until Foran got injured recently I'm pretty sure the club would have been planning on extending Foran into 2021 still on some kind of decent contract.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Doesn’t mean shit look at tumalolo his worth a million now, how long has he been bending/ breaking lines and scoring trie and has foot work.
Look at / compare their highlights and you'll soon see Fifita offers much much more AND remember Fifita is only 19yo. He's gonna get even stronger and better - has footwork etc

bulldogsfan_88

Left Right Out
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Is it better to have a team of average players with one great player in any position who can create points from nothing or just a team of average players who ALL can't?
Not sating don't go after the star players just saying I would rather they weren't a forward. As someone else said should only pay big money for your spine players

bulldogsfan_88

Left Right Out
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Taumololo is a prime example of why you don't pay big money for a forward. Outside of him they had very few star players and as a result they finished 14th. Forwards just aren't worth that kind of money

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Taumololo is a prime example of why you don't pay big money for a forward. Outside of him they had very few star players and as a result they finished 14th. Forwards just aren't worth that kind of money
Morgan and Holmes (if not signed the money sitting aside already) they both on mega money there?

Marsters, McGuire, Hess, Granville, O’Neil, feldt, Cooper aren’t on small deals.

Disagree.

Tuamalolo is one forward with the $

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Morgan and Holmes (if not signed the money sitting aside already) they both on mega money there?

Marsters, McGuire, Hess, Granville, O’Neil, feldt, Cooper aren’t on small deals.

Disagree.

Tuamalolo is one forward with the $
They had Barba until.... well yeah.

They have plenty on big coin.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I'm not so sure. There were "multiple" reports earlier in the year then again a month or so ago. If the club were seriously considering it (and you would think they would consider all such players actually) then they would have known that they had to part with around that figure. Until Foran got injured recently I'm pretty sure the club would have been planning on extending Foran into 2021 still on some kind of decent contract.
I’m going to put the Harbour bridge on eBay this weekend if you’d like to get in early?

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Look at / compare their highlights and you'll soon see Fifita offers much much more AND remember Fifita is only 19yo. He's gonna get even stronger and better - has footwork etc
Exactly his only 19 let him get better and stronger before throwing that kind of money at him.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Exactly! and this kid is a rookie what happens when he get better, do they offer him 2 mill ?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Exactly his only 19 let him get better and stronger before throwing that kind of money at him.
Well it's too late at that point :D . He's going to be locked away the next contract he signs. Even if it isn't us (probably isn't lets be honest) I can see multiple clubs offering him more then the Broncos have now and up to 1m. You're paying on potential and he has already shown a LOT for a 19 year old. Talent scouts have named him the best Forward they've ever seen coming through. Haas got 600k (which we've found out to be a steal) basically without playing one game and that was to retain a player already at the club...

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd offer Fifita up to a million a year for a few years. I agree only spine players usually deserve that sort of money, but Fifita is different and can influence results from any position. He's just got special talent and will be able to lead teams and lift players around him, like SBW. He's worth more than Lattrell for sure. I reckon the Roosters will make a big play for him too, but I still reckon he'll stay in Brisbane with his $750K and his brown paper bag (which won't be wrapped around a bottle of McWilliams Royal Reserve Port like mine used to be).