White men, please stop fetishising Asian women

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
https://www.smh.com.au/lifestyle/li...shised-by-some-white-men-20181126-p50ifk.html

Because I am small and Asian, I am fetishised by some white men

Earlier this year, I went on a date with a man who told me he had a thing for Asian women. We were sitting across from each other at a table in a fancy restaurant and he stood up to do a head-to-toe scan of me.

"Your body is just so soft and perky and tanned," he said.

I told myself to run. Here was yet another man with what is not-so-jokingly referred to as Yellow Fever: the lazy and discriminatory hyper-sexualisation and fetishisation of Asian women, primarily by white men, solely based on race.

When I tried to break it off with him, he texted: "I hate you. Thankfully, there are thousands of gorgeous Japanese, Chinese and Korean girls in Sydney, so I will be okay.

This is not unusual. I have spent most of my adult life expending psychological and emotional energy fending off men like him. And don’t tell me you can’t help who you’re attracted to.

"Yellow Fever" is not a preference. It’s a racial prejudice.

I have a small body. I have an Asian face. Women like me are handcuffed to a double bind. We have to fight off men who infantilise us because of our small bodies, and who also believe the Asian face carries some special gene that makes us soft-spoken, gentle and non-confrontational.

This is both oppressive, and racist.

I continue to be astounded by the number of white men who still see me and immediately assume I am "submissive, docile, compliant, accommodating, sweet in the kitchen, tiger in the bedroom".

My body is viewed as a literal and symbolic site upon which to construct their fantasies of the perfect Asian lover.

The pernicious perception that most young Asian women have petite, child-like bodies is not necessarily untrue. What’s frightening is how easily these men enforce their narratives on us.

It’s a painful effrontery, not a compliment. These guys expect something of us and from us, based on their myth about what Asian woman are, and, when we don’t meet those expectations, they have the power to so easily hurt us.

Equally painful is realising the extent to which the very narrow representations of Asian women in the West have created the idea in the minds of these men that because of our perceived submissiveness, they can be afforded a sense of ownership and possession of us.

I recently entered my 30s. I’ve had a long and complicated history with white men who found me attractive, though I have never quite understood the underlying drivers of their attraction to Asian women, per se, over women of other racial backgrounds.

Sometimes, I have felt I have found a person who loved my body as a carrier of the person within, only to realise that, to him, my body was simply a fetish and a curiosity.

With each new romantic partner, I need to make the same anxious assessment: Are you interested in me because of who I am, or because of the shade of my skin and the Asian face I’m wearing? I am never sure how to respond.

Beneath what is projected onto me, is my relationship to my Asian heritage; I have to fight against the Taiwanese cultural indoctrination that to be self-sacrificing and selfless is the ultimate way of being for a woman.

I have found these men unwilling to confront their own bias and prejudices. They operate under a system of racial stratification (themselves as superior), leaving Asian women to take on the disproportionate burden of fulfilling, resisting, or negotiating their stereotypes.

I wonder whether I will go through my life in this country upending stereotypes. It is not my job, or the job of other Asian women, to do that.

These men should scrutinise their so-called "preferences" and work towards modifying racially unjust and untrue perceptions. I am not here for their education, sexual or otherwise.

I blocked the man who sent me the aggressive, race-based text when I rejected him. I hope he examines and confronts his prejudices. Only then will women from Asian backgrounds be respected as much as we should and treated as whole human beings – not accessories that embody derogatory fantasies.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Well I just found out the reason I can't get an Asian woman... they view me as a pig.

But hey... at least I ain't white :tongueclosed:

Last edited:

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

Banned
Reaction score
Urgh, more white hate speech!
What next, White men, please stop fetishing red haired women?
Or White woman, please stop fetishing black men?
How about Asian women, please stop fetishing white men?

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
What a load of rubbish.

White men preferring an Asian woman is no different to any other physical trait that anyone may have:

Men preferring blondes
Men preferring European women
Women preferring younger looking men
Women preferring tall men

etc etc etc... this list could go on forever.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm a white man married to an Asian women, and, from my lengthy experience in this domain (boyh here and in Asia) whilst of course most white men with Asian preferences are perfectly respectable etc, there are some with "yellow fever" who are downright awful, and who have attitudes like the subject in this woman's story. I have heard plenty of comments from losers who think that Asian women are subservient who are desperate to serve a white guy, often after for whatever reason, they divroced a western woman. This is of course more likely to happen in say, Bangkok than it does in Brisbane.

I wouldn't go as far to think Yellow Fever is a blanket slur (fuck I use the phrase myself amoungst both White and Asian friends), but yeah, there are some creeps out there for sure.

Banned
Reaction score
I'm a white man married to an Asian women, and, from my lengthy experience in this domain (boyh here and in Asia) whilst of course most white men with Asian preferences are perfectly respectable etc, there are some with "yellow fever" who are downright awful, and who have attitudes like the subject in this woman's story. I have heard plenty of comments from losers who think that Asian women are subservient who are desperate to serve a white guy, often after for whatever reason, they divroced a western woman. This is of course more likely to happen in say, Bangkok than it does in Brisbane.

I wouldn't go as far to think Yellow Fever is a blanket slur (fuck I use the phrase myself amoungst both White and Asian friends), but yeah, there are some creeps out there for sure.
Totally agree there are some creeps out there, yet categorising them by sexual preference is illogical, and that is why I'm objecting to the article.
I don't personally know you, yet for example, I don't get the impression that you're a scumbag and would argue against anyone that would suggest it purely due to who you've partnered up with in life.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I just love women..all types..whether they be from exotic lands..or around the road.. Yes I’ve got to be attracted to them..thats what makes me take notice of them in the first place..but it’s their inner beauty that makes me stay..

Wahesh

Reaction score
I think a lot of people are missing the point.

The woman in this story is saying that she is immediately stereotyped based on her physical attributes, not specifically because of the fact that she is dating a white man.

I for one have an undying love for Asian women because I love how sweet and politely spoken they generally are. Now that doesn't mean that if I see an Asian woman I automatically categorise them in that zone (which is the point she's trying to make), I actually like to get to know the girl personally before making that decision.

I've mentioned this before but in my previous job there were 5 very beautiful Asian women. Out of the 5, only 1 of them was a loud and most 'Aussie' type than the others. Another one was very friendly, but her laugh was so loud, you wouldn't think she was Asian.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I just appreciate the female form, curvy an toned with nice thick thighs an ass.. men just gotta love it :hearteyes: thread hijacked :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Nothing special about Asians compared to any other race out there, and I'm marrying one!

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Nothing special about Asians compared to any other race out there, and I'm marrying one!
I'm doing it to produce better looking future generations TBH.

When all chicks eventually look like Chrissy Teigan you can thank Raysie and myself.