Bronc's offering Fifita 750K. How much should we offer ?

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Kasiano also done (a LOT) more damage at the buffet table... :sweatsmile: Different economy, also. It's like saying how much would (for example) Michael Jordan be worth in today's economy, as opposed to when he played.
I understand that but Fafita is a rookie.

Merimbula Man

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Nothing. He isnt coming.. never considered coming here. It would be career suicide coming to our club at such a young age. He might get extra money but long term it would kill his career.
I personally would love to have him but not for the money being asked. This massive cash offers for players will crumble in next few years when these young players don't live up to price tag like Ash Taylor..
Think you’re forgetting the club he’s currently at got beaten 58-0 in their last match

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not the point, every time kasiano Came on we scored
And turned the ball over. And allowed a line break when he got tired after 5mins. And turned the ball over again. And had to use another substitution after 15min.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
The thing is CLEARLY our board are NOT strengthening any other position. No real spine players available for 2021, no decent centres either if we don't chase Mitchell. Zac Loxax is an option but he would come fairly cheap. In attack for 2021 we're gonna have good quality NRL standard forwards, halves, and backs minus Foran.

Where do you expect our points to come from ?

Where on the field will we have an advantage over any other team ?

If we were seriously pursuing the Turbo brothers (which I believe we were) we would have been forking out up to 2.5M a season. For the same amount I would have thought we could sign both Mitchell and Fifita but if we're not chasing Mitchell now then Fifita has to be a f..king No 1 priority as far as I'm concerned or the board can frankly f..k off at the next election.

I'd even consider a Wolfpack type offer of up to 1.4M a season (same as we would have paid Tom Turbo with a suspect hamstring) since we're NOW f..king DESPERATE. That would be enough for him to move his whole family here, not work and be his personal chauffeur to and from training or hire him another chauffeur outside the cap FFS.

I just can't understand the people on here not wanting us to spend big money on ANY player it seems. Is it your money ? Do you want us to be a top 4 team within the next 5 years or not ? We can still sign plenty of cheapies (as you love) and the best juniors cheap - ONE expensive player (after Foran leaves) is not going to stop us signing them
You just copy and pasted this again hahaha

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Second row, prop, lock doesn't make a difference... a million bucks on a forward is ridiculous regardless of how good he is. Totally unbalances the rest of your team
Is it better to have a team of average players with one great player in any position who can create points from nothing or just a team of average players who ALL can't?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Second row, prop, lock doesn't make a difference... a million bucks on a forward is ridiculous regardless of how good he is. Totally unbalances the rest of your team
imo 1m positions are Fullback and Halfback. You have to buy what's available and what your team needs tho. We have DWZ at Fullback which is <1m (lets say 600k) so we can use the money elsewhere. There were (Latrell, Manu)/are plenty of players I'd want before a Second Rower/Fifita tho.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
imo 1m positions are Fullback and Halfback. You have to buy what's available and what your team needs tho. We have DWZ at Fullback which is <1m (lets say 600k) so we can use the money elsewhere. There were (Latrell, Manu)/are plenty of players I'd want before a Second Rower/Fifita tho.
I love DWZ but we aren't winning anything with him at the back unless he develops some ball playing skills.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
PLEASE REMEMBER both Peter Mullholland (one of the best recruitment managers of all time) and Andrew Voss who have watched a thousand times more junior matches than any of us BOTH said Fifita was "the best young player they'd EVER SEEN" - that's backs AND forwards. If this player isn't worth chasing seriously I don't know if ANYONE is.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
And turned the ball over. And allowed a line break when he got tired after 5mins. And turned the ball over again. And had to use another substitution after 15min.
We couldn’t score until kasiano came on imagine if we had a rooster back line what kas would do, 3 mom in a row.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I'd even consider a Wolfpack type offer of up to 1.4M a season (same as we would have paid Tom Turbo with a suspect hamstring) since we're NOW f..king DESPERATE. That would be enough for him to move his whole family here, not work and be his personal chauffeur to and from training or hire him another chauffeur outside the cap FFS.
You are either a troll or fucking stupid.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I love DWZ but we aren't winning anything with him at the back unless he develops some ball playing skills.
I think DWZ is very similar to CNK (Raiders Fullback) and they almost won the competition with him at the back. I do see what you're saying tho. Is the club willing to recruit someone like Tom Trbo *locked up today for six years, Latrell or Papenhuyzen to push DWZ to the Wing (or Centre)? Would DWZ spit the dummy not playing Fullback? It's a messy situation.

Last edited:

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
To put it in language he might understand: about 7 billion Indonesian Rupiah.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
You are either a troll or fucking stupid.
We have to pay overs but 1.4m is overs on overs which is when we need to move to the next target. Fifita would take 900k-1m just like Latrell would of (those are the amounts we should be offering if we're serious). If we didn't buy Latrell we're not buying Fifita.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If we were pitching 2.5M to the Turbos as reported (and it would have taken that to get them obviously) we should be able to afford both Mitchell AND Fifita for 2021 - especially now we won't be paying Foran after 2020.

Juicydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The thing is CLEARLY our board are NOT strengthening any other position. No real spine players available for 2021, no decent centres either if we don't chase Mitchell. Zac Loxax is an option but he would come fairly cheap. In attack for 2021 we're gonna have good quality NRL standard forwards, halves, and backs minus Foran.

If we were seriously pursuing the Turbo brothers (which I believe we were) we would have been forking out up to 2.5M a season. For the same amount I would have thought we could sign both Mitchell and Fifita but if we're not chasing Mitchell now then Fifita has to be a f..king No 1 priority as far as I'm concerned or the board can frankly f..k off at the next election.

I just can't understand the people on here not wanting us to spend big money on ANY player it seems. Is it your money ? Do you want us to be a top 4 team within the next 5 years or not ? We can still sign plenty of cheapies (as you love) and the best juniors cheap - ONE expensive player (after Foran leaves) is not going to stop us signing them

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
If we were pitching 2.5M to the Turbos as reported (and it would have taken that to get them obviously) we should be able to afford both Mitchell AND Fifita for 2021 - especially now we won't be paying Foran after 2020.
We should if we offer the money. It doesn't look like we offered the appropriate money for Latrell so I don't see why we would for Fifita. Latrell was a more important signing to get imo. I think they're both worth the same, around 700k, possibly Fifita a little less. I also see Tom and Jake both worth 1m each. I really don't know how or who we're going to sign anymore.

Last edited:

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I’d even consider a Wolfpack type offer of up to 1.4M a season
This can be your slogan when you apply for the board hahahahaha

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

PLEASE REMEMBER both Peter Mullholland (one of the best recruitment managers of all time) and Andrew Voss who have watched a thousand times more junior matches than any of us BOTH said Fifita was "the best young player they'd EVER SEEN" - that's backs AND forwards. If this player isn't worth chasing seriously I don't know if ANYONE is.

Broncos offer to David Fifita even bigger than Payne Haas contract
He’s just out of a Bali jail cell — now this multi-million dollar deal could make David Fifita the richest teen in Brisbane Broncos history.

Staff writers
FOX SPORTSNOVEMBER 14, 20198:45AM

David Fifita is the hottest player on the open market.Source:AAP

Move over Payne Haas, your short-lived reign as the richest teen in Brisbane Broncos’ history looks like it’s about to end.

The Courier Mail reported on Wednesday night the Broncos are poised to offer Fifita a $3 million deal across four years at $750,000 per season to eclipse Haas’ $3.4 million contract over six years in order to secure the hottest property on the player market from 2021 onwards.

Stream over 50 sports live & anytime on your TV or favourite device with KAYO SPORTS. The biggest Aussie sports and the best from overseas. Just $25/month. No lock-in contract. Get your 14 day free trial >

That would make the 19-year-old Fifita the best paid teenager in the Broncos’ 31-year history.

If successful it would also fend off rival offers that have been tipped to approach $1 million per season, with clubs such as the Roosters, Rabbitohs, Warriors and Titans showing interest.

The mammoth offer from Brisbane comes after the most tumultuous period of Fifita’s life, in which he was locked up for three days in a Bali cell for allegedly assaulting a nightclub security guard before he paid at least $30,000 in a “peace agreement” to secure his freedom.

The Broncos sent welfare manager Adam Walsh to Bali and organised a lawyer to broker the compensation package for Fifita, with CEO Paul White embracing Fifita at Brisbane Airport upon his arrival home.

NRL: Brisbane winger Corey Oates believes their could be more to the David Fifita story. Oates doesn't see Fifita as the kind of player to cause trouble.

And the way the Broncos helped Fifita get home to Brisbane has the club in the box seat to secure his signature despite the seven-figure offers he’s attracting on the open market.

Broncos winger Corey Oates said he hoped Fifita remained loyal to Brisbane.

“I hope Dave doesn’t go to Sydney,” he said.

“I don’t know what it is about the Broncos but it’s a great club for players. It’s hard to move away from a club like the Broncos with their professionalism and what they do for their players.

“Everyone is going to throw massive coin at an up and coming star like Dave, he has shown a lot of talent, but hopefully he sees what I see at the Broncos and stays here for a long time.

“He would be appreciative of what the Broncos have done for him the last few days. Putting Bali aside, you get looked after in every department by the Broncos.

“I honestly feel this group is getting on well together too. We are similar ages and if guys like Dave stay, it will help us win a comp.”

Brisbane Broncos player David Fifita is seen during training in Brisbane. (AAP Image/Dan Peled)Source:AAP

Fifita has only played 35 games for the Broncos, but he turned out for the Maroons in all three State of Origin matches last season and was on the verge of representing Australia before he fractured his eye socket while captaining the Junior Kangaroos.

Fifita’s Maroons teammate, Felise Kaufusi, said he hoped the blockbusting forward remained in Brisbane.

“I think Dave should stay at the Broncos,” Kaufusi said.

“I’m not too sure what clubs are chasing him but the key for Dave is where he feels comfortable and happy playing his football, and if that’s at the Broncos, he should stick around.

“If he feels he needs to get out of his comfort zone, then he might look around, but he will only get better as a player at the Broncos.

“He is going to be a superstar of the game. I had time with him in Origin camp this year and I was really impressed with his attitude and his willingness to learn.”

Originally published asBali jailbird becomes NRL’s richest teen
1.4mil for a player who is on one edge... geez get your socks in order you’re out of control