What NEXT? Hardcore vegans take aim at Bunnings' iconic sausage sizzle

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/aust...ictims/ar-BBWKkBA?li=AAgfYrC&ocid=mailsignout

What NEXT? Hardcore vegans take aim at Bunnings' iconic sausage sizzle and demand it CANCELS a nationwide barbeque to raise money for bushfire victims

Hardcore vegans have lashed out at Bunnings for holding a sausage sizzle to raise money for bushfire victims. The hardware giant will be holding a nationwide fundraiser on November 22, with all stores across Australia raising money for those affected by bushfires that have ravaged the eastern states.

The hardware store will host its famous sausage sizzle, and also give customers the option to donate to the victims in store.

But the fundraiser has drawn criticism from the vegan community.

'Why oh why are people selling sausages to raise money when it's known that meat is a contributing factor to climate change? Which is a contributing factor to these fires!', a post read on a vegan Facebook page.

'It honestly baffles my mind and makes me so sad. It's a heartbreaking cycle.'

The post went viral and has since been deleted. Dozens agreed with the woman's notion.

'They can shove their sausage where the sun don't shine,' one said.

But others believed they were looking at the fundraiser in the wrong light.

'Right now, helping those fighting the fires is more dire than fighting the meat industry for climate change,' one user posted.

'Sorry what? There is nothing they can do about the sausages already produced but they can sell them to raise funds for fire fighters who are actually facing the real fires happening right now,' another comment reads.

The woman who shared the post later said she deleted it 'because too many people were being rude'.

Four people have died in unprecedented fire conditions across the eastern seaboard, with dozens still burning throughout NSW and Queensland, stretching fire crews to their limit.

A Bunnings spokesperson told Yahoo News Australia that funds from the appeal will go to not-for-profit organisation GIVIT to be distributed to those in need.

'Bunnings team members will be getting behind the BBQ with every cent raised going to GIVIT, who assist communities in times of disaster and recovery,' the spokesperson said.

'GIVIT's national presence aids local communities all over Australia by working closely with charities, community groups and councils to ensure that support is directed where it's needed most.'

Julie Fletcher, 63: The dairy cattle farmer's body was found in the burnt out remains of her Johns River home near Taree on Saturday afternoon.

She had her car packed with possessions, ready to evacuate but didn't make it out in time.

Vivian Chaplain, 69: The Grandmother of six also died while trying to save her Wytaliba property more than 400 kilometres away near Glen Innes.

George Nole, age unknown: His body was found in a burnt-out car in Wytaliba on Saturday morning.

Barry Parsons, 58: His body was found in Willawarrin on Wednesday.

Wahesh

Reaction score
The pests are at it again. They tried to get the sausage sizzle changed a few years ago... GOOD LUCK. Bunnings is a private company and make their own rules.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Meh. a few noisy vegans. These non-event articles are clearly bait, and many will of course, will oblige.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
One day they will realise that their presence only increases sales.

They are a different kind of special.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
They are crazy lol.. keep your food choices to yourself and go hide vegans :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I remember attending an AFL match in Marrickville where there was a huge line for the sausage sandwiches. Walked around for a while and saw a BBQ with no line. Ran straight up to it and saw the sign, "Vegan Sausage Sandwich"

Went to the back of the real BBQ line.

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
People in general are a bit strange. Take mchappy day for instance, People will line up and buy a shit big mac meal for $12 because a $1 will go to ronald mcdonald house. Why not just donate the $12 and not have maccas and let the mcdonald house have $12 instead of $1.....
The bunnings snag sandwich is a bit different and hopefully all proceeds go straight to the charity.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I remember attending an AFL match in Marrickville where there was a huge line for the sausage sandwiches. Walked around for a while and saw a BBQ with no line. Ran straight up to it and saw the sign, "Vegan Sausage Sandwich"

Went to the back of the real BBQ line.
I did the same thing once at a Buddhist festival in Brisbane (ok, I didn't think it through). But I thought, why not, and ploughed on.

It wasn't great, but i can safely say i'd eaten a lot worse.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I did the same thing once at a Buddhist festival in Brisbane (ok, I didn't think it through). But I thought, why not, and ploughed on.

It wasn't great, but i can safely say i'd eaten a lot worse.
Had one of the Rebel Whoppers the other day. They are right that it tastes like a real whopper. But only 'cause the whopper meat has no flavour.

Banned
Reaction score
The woman who shared the post later said she deleted it 'because too many people were being rude'.
Bullshit!
More like she discovered her universe doesn't align with reality, and now is dealing with an existential crisis!

Wahesh

Reaction score
This is how delusional they are. Apparently, meat causes climate change :tonguewink::tonguewink::tonguewink:

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
This is how delusional they are. Apparently, meat causes climate change :tonguewink::tonguewink::tonguewink:

Those delusional mutts can eat my meat, doesn't contribute to climate change lol