Official Bulldogs extend the contract of local junior Jake Averillo

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I agree with the idea of not rushing him but surely Harper should be an option for centre.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
I guess it means we get to see how they perform in 1st grade before throwing more money at them.. the negative is if they do well we could be up for big coin to keep them. I think the smith signing is more about seeing how he continues to develop. He has the ability to go from a solid first grader into a really good one.. but not sure he is quite there yet (I think he will get there)
It may be that we are restricted by the cap, and have quietly offered him more after 2021 if he proves himself.

jamma01

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Does anyone know what his back ground is ? Is he European

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Talented kid that needs to eat some more and play consistent reggies. Looks a natural left centre, not sure of his D yet.

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
This is great news.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Sad but probz true. Montoya and holland ffs
Why?

DWZ / Meaney / Harper / Hoppa / Reimis
a better back 5?

I don’t see Montoya or Holland there barring injury. Fingers crossed anyway.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yh i've defenitely heard more about him than seen of him, there's a few more highlights out there that I've seen but they're harder too find right now. Someone like @diddly defenitely knows a lot more about him than me who has seen the odd reserve grade game and highlights lol.
I have seen Averillo play a fair bit - seems to be a natural footballer and appears to get better the higher the standard of competition. I have no insights into the clubs thinking but having seen him play wing fullback centre and in the halves - will need to put on some size to step up as as fg centre, when playing in the halves was very good.
Reminds me of Sherwin when he was working his way through the grades - played some fullback and some wing but seemed so much more effective as a half who handled the ball a lot. (not suggesting he will be as good as Sherwin)

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I have seen Averillo play a fair bit - seems to be a natural footballer and appears to get better the higher the standard of competition. I have no insights into the clubs thinking but having seen him play wing fullback centre and in the halves - will need to put on some size to step up as as fg centre, when playing in the halves was very good.
Reminds me of Sherwin when he was working his way through the grades - played some fullback and some wing but seemed so much more effective as a half who handled the ball a lot. (not suggesting he will be as good as Sherwin)
Sounds good. Just from seeing a few games you can tell he's confident in his ability and will take the opposition on.

Really hope he gets a run early in any position, brings a running game that we currently lack in the top side and are we really going to persist with blokes like Montoya, Holland, Lewis, Cogger and not give the opportunities to the likes of Averillo and Wakeham.