Bulldogs Call NRL Double Standards on Cap Relief

Cosmo24

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Once you're medically retired you can't play NRL again. Otherwise obvious loophole.
I think Dogtime was suggesting he retire voluntarily and then come out of retirement in 2021 with Manly. I’d fully support that

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not only is Foz refusing to retire, he stated he’s aiming to be back July-August, thus before season ends.

This will make the argument that we’ve lost him for the whole season hard to argue, and any extra pro-rata relief harder to quantify.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
The ridiculous thing is Foran refuses to retire but will have no choice- NO ONE WILL SIGN HIM beyond his current contract to so effectively it will be a forced retirement. Very delusional and selfish on Foran’s part.
You are right. The fact is he has nothing to offer to negotiate for a new contract. Selfish Person. Needs to find new employment. The club has supported him but now needs to stand up for our club and supporters

Last edited:

BulldogsNRL

Kennel Established
Reaction score
November 1 st is here, and Foran is now allowed to negotiate a contract for 2021. We should ask him to test the market and see what offers there are out there for him in 2021.
If there is none then the NRL must see that he can no longer continue to play and unless they are determined to harm our club they must give our club full cap dispensation.
If Foran is unable to negotiate a contract for 2021 it will prove just how selfish he is by not retiring.
More like determination maybe if it was Kayln Ponga, James Tedesco or those type players would you say retire

BulldogsNRL

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He should be sent to an independent doctor who makes the decision for him. If the doctor recommends retirement then the NRL shouldn't allow any future contracts to be registered. That will never happen of course and instead the market for 2021 will decide for Foran. .. No team will be crazy enough to sign him .. except possibly on minimum wage. He is being selfish to play on, but we were stupid to sign him so whose fault is it? .. give him a job at the club and argue hard that it's a new injury.. it's really our only hope of decent compensation.
It’s determination to play on maybe get him in minimum wage then yea he’s a great player

BulldogsNRL

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We need someone with high influence to help us fight it and never give up keep going

it’s like me I’m trying to get out of a special Ed Unit into mainstream and they indicate no but I never give up

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Half was still way too much! Look at the lack of action with Fifita, Asofa-Solomona etc. Where are their 250k, 125k or 50k fines?
Where is the conga line of offended media journalists decrying their clubs for being bad role models for young players and an insult to the game?

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Been waiting for this, glad to see it. It is absolutely valid to make reference to the spate of recent high profile retirements, the NRL needs to be challenged on this. The 350k rule seems arbitrary, it is certainly wrong. Cap relief should be the players entire wage for the year, otherwise the whole basis of the theory behind the cap and market valuation is rendered a joke.

I'm not going to be surprised if it emerges that Burgess was pushed. With a year of rehab, could he have played again? We'll never know. If a player doesn't have firm medical advice he has to retire, he shouldn't have to. Even sometimes when they do have such advice they might find a way to keep playing. Brent Tate?
I could be wrong, but there may be off-field issues with Burgess that, if they come to light, would reflect on the Bunnies. He may have been pushed to distance him from the club.
If anything does blow up in the future, we can be thankful there are no images of him in a Bulldogs jersey.

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You are right. The fact is he has nothing to offer to negotiate for a new contract. Selfish Person. Needs to find new employment. The club has supported him but now needs to stand up for our club and supporters
You are a genius Bull...
Did you say he is a ( selfish person )
New job for Foran...Sell Fish :tearsofjoy:
I know it's not funny :(

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
So the finger would have to be pointed at the medical staff when surely Foran went through an intense physical and health assessment. Or did Hasler override the hole process and sign him anyway?
the whole signing of foran is a huge question mark, the bloke was full of ongoing injuries before we signed him, huge price, and a liability,
either way the bulldogs got dudded and we are paying 1 million dollars for a bloke who could breakdown tying up his shoelace

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If all clubs want this changed to accurately reflect the value (i.e., clubs risk) of their rep players: they should only make available players on <$350k/year and watch the NRL change the rule.
I like the way you think.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Not only is Foz refusing to retire, he stated he’s aiming to be back July-August, thus before season ends.

This will make the argument that we’ve lost him for the whole season hard to argue, and any extra pro-rata relief harder to quantify.
Yeah thanks again Foz

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I totally agree and feel everyone’s frustration in regards to this issue
We are upset that Foran won’t do the right thing by us and call it a day
Then also pissed at the useless NRL rules/regulations
At the end of the day it’s our previous coach & administration who endorsed a broken down player with a clear history,
Gave him a totally ridiculous contract which was inflated beyond belief
The impact of him hardly taking the field and salary cap space being occupied is disgraceful to say the least
Unfortunately this crazy saga is far from finished
I’m confident our current staff have more sense and are moving in the right direction

Last edited:

Banned
Reaction score
We should have taken a stance back in 2002 when they deducted 39 points from us.
Under the fair trade rules we could have taken the NRL to court then, it would have meant no comp until a court decision is made
Our management decided against it for the game's sake.
Ever since we have become the easy pushovers.
It didn't happen then it won't happen now !!!
Always felt that we should utilise Union or a rebel competition as leverage against these fuckwits.
The punishment we received was unprecedented and nothing of similar size handed down since!
I've nil love for the NRLol due to their absolute lack of respect for us as fans, supporters and indeed in rare cases, players.
The people that made the decisions suffered the least, whilst the ones that had absolutely zero to do with it, suffered the most and they simply didn't give a fuck!
In closing FUCK THE NRL!

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hasn't been challenged yet, and needs to be. This is our angle..

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's kinda reverse engineering the situation. Now the NRL have implemented an insurance policy, time to game it.
Hasn't been challenged yet and needs to be. This is our angle..

Lov_Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hasn't been challenged yet and needs to be. This is our angle..
Wholeheartedly agree .. testing the legalities of this is what I can't wait to see play out. Very interesting and hope the club initiate the challenge on behalf of entire clubland of NRL.