News ‘Giving up is not an option’: Kieran Foran declares latest injury blow won’t end his career

Banned
Reaction score
Maybe Brad/Brady can write him a letter too?

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As much I feel sorry for the bloke for his tragic run of injuries it's time this decision is taken out of his hands by the club. No doubt he'd love to earn a mil a year for another three or four years, especially given his penchant for gambling and recently inherited large family but sorry mate, your body just can't take anymore, especially given how unwilling you have been to adapt your play style to accommodate and manage your injuries. Your best football ahead of you?? You're absolutely dreaming mate. I hope some people close to you are willing to tell you the truth rather than parasitic handlers that just want their cut.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Anyone who saw him play 40 minutes of football with ankle syndesmosis early this season surely can't be surprised at this. Foran's instincts are to fight on, wow, news flash.

If Foran's body isn't going to let him play on it will let him know in time that his desire is too far from reality.

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone who saw him play 40 minutes of football with ankle syndesmosis early this season surely can't be surprised at this. Foran's instincts are to fight on, wow, news flash.

If Foran's body isn't going to let him play on it will let him know in time that his desire is too far from reality.
You can look at this two ways. His stubbornness to come off probably made it worse... it's hard to imagine it didn't. The club really doesn't owe him anything, we should part ways as soon as possible.

TOTTO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I want to know who is going to sign him in 2021.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I guess it's hard to stop doing that thing in life that you do best. If doctors told me I have to stop masturbating I'd fight it tooth and nail. I was told as a youngster that it would send me blind and I can still see.

But seriously. Rugby League is probably the only path to glory that he'll ever travel. He's already had numerous tastes of being out of the limelight through his injury and time off for gambling etc. Can't really blame him for not being mentally ready to give it up. I'm not exactly happy that we're spending a decent chunk of our cap (it's only assumption that it's a million per season) on a player that's sat out too much football already. But he's had more knives slicing him this week than a Christmas ham.

I'll allow him some sympathy for the moment and hope that he makes an informed decision when he's out of hospital. He's had some mental health issues in the past and I'm sure that if the decision is taken out of his hands he's probably going to need to talk it through to avoid the onset of depression.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Bulldogs fan here :
What a tough son of s bitch. To be where he is after the mental demons he had is credit to him and his family. He will get through this. I’m all for dogs resigning him but we all know his price tag won’t be high . Go the dogs!
Tough; or just too stubborn to accept the truth?

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jamie Bruher friend and former teammate of Foran announced his retirement today. 29 years old and four children.
Kieran .... “Everyone’s doing it “

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Jamie Bruher friend and former teammate of Foran announced his retirement today. 29 years old and four children.
Kieran .... “Everyone’s doing it “
It's what all the cool kids are doing. Cmon Foz :tearsofjoy: