Is Latrell worth $1 Million?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No chance the Roosters would do that.
By the way you guys offered Latrell 800k which is overs, something you don't do either.
800K was probably slightly overs for LM and I would have preferred a longer term contract for that annual amount, but we wanted to keep him until he started listening to idiots.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I've always said Latrell is worth 700k. 900k-1m is what we'd have to pay to entice him. That has always been my stance.
Yep fair enough. Not gonna argue over 100k hahaha.

6 of one, half a dozen of the other....

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Yep fair enough. Not gonna argue over 100k hahaha.

6 of one, half a dozen of the other....
I think the Roosters offered slight overs on their second offer. Which is what you have to do to have any chance in retaining. Meeting in the middle somewhere. I'm surprised Latrell rejected that (unless Latrell had 1-1.1m offers) - possibly because the Roosters played hard ball on their 650k offer.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Where were you going to pull that million from when we are still hampered by the cap for 2020?
We are on record from our coach about Raimen and api and Herman and wanting 2/3.

That’s at worst 1mil. At best 800k

We signed katoa since then (Britt and Stimson where already signed)

We have upgraded a few since then, they may eat into more $

We have 350k from Foran at minimum now.

We have for sure got 800k+ Available without any tpa someone like latrell could attract even if we can’t attract a sponsor.

Regardless it’s obviously not happening. Just answering that question in a honest and open view.

Last edited:

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
So he signs with the tigers for 3 years for 3 million starting 2021, and the Roosters are willing to let him go for next season which means they will cover a chunk of next year's salary! Well done tigers..... that what you call smart business! In the mean time we're paying most of our players overs but we don't want to pay someone with Latrell's skills and talent overs because he might not full fill his potential.... we are FUCKED!
Our supper coach knows best :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Roosters are willing to let him go for next season which means they will cover a chunk of next year's salary! Well done tigers..... that what you call smart business
no.... you are wrong....

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
You sound like a lol@souffs supporter. They also believe some invisible thingy makes their club great. I think winning makes your club great.
Well at least Souths supporters can say that despite less money spent and less time in the comp they have more trophies :grinning:

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you believe we'll pay any of Mitchell's contract next year you're as delusional as Foran. We didn't do it for Pearce, we didn't do it for RTS, we simply do not do that.
Of course they won’t pay. Only clubs that want someone moved on sometimes offer to pay to sweeten the deal.

Everything official I’ve seen the Rorters are happy to keep him next year...

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
He would be unstoppable with a great club behind him and some stability. I do think we could fill that role for him and would offer him 800k to see if he's interested.
He knocked back the roosters at $800k so clearly not ,i think hes worth up to a mill but if tigers are offering $1.3 hes all theirs

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well at least Souths supporters can say that despite less money spent and less time in the comp they have more trophies :grinning:
Yeah they still count 1909 even though they double crossed Balmain for it.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
We are on record from our coach about Raimen and api and Herman and wanting 2/3.

That’s at worst 1mil. At best 800k

We signed katoa since then (Britt and Stimson where already signed)

We have upgraded a few since then, they may eat into more $

We have 350k from Foran at minimum now.

We have for sure got 800k+ Available without any tpa someone like latrell could attract even if we can’t attract a sponsor.

Regardless it’s obviously not happening. Just answering that question in a honest and open view.
Wanting and being able to afford are two different things and we don’t have anything from Foran yet.

If you keep using Pay’s quote then substitute Api for Katoa and we were after either Ramien or Herman who both which weren’t interested because we wouldn’t match their asking price. I can’t see how we could have even 800k let alone 1M. We also need to use 95% of our cap each year so can’t just sit on 800k or more for a rainy day.

We can’t offer Latrell an IOU with a question mark at the end waiting for Foran’s compensation or waiting for try and release someone. I’d love to be wrong

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Wanting and being able to afford are two different things and we don’t have anything from Foran yet.

If you keep using Pay’s quote then substitute Api for Katoa and we were after either Ramien or Herman who both which weren’t interested because we wouldn’t match their asking price. I can’t see how we could have even 800k let alone 1M. We also need to use 95% of our cap each year so can’t just sit on 800k or more for a rainy day.

We can’t offer Latrell an IOU with a question mark at the end waiting for Foran’s compensation or waiting for try and release someone. I’d love to be wrong
You said you can’t see how we have that.

Simple. You simply substituted Katoa for api.

One would be worth 400-500k everyday of the week on the market in api.

The other would be on minimum in any club in the nrl.

Two of three listed that we are stated to have been playing for aren’t coming for under 700k no doubt in the world.

That’s 350k each. Raimen has got 500k+ we know that from reports. Api certainly didn’t leave manly for a pay cut which he was on good $ and we once again heard 500k+.

I’m not saying we offered that, that might be overs though either way it’s not like they where a chance at 200k each or something so small.

Katoa is not on a similar contract and if he is then our club is ran by clowns.

Assuming they aren’t that stupid which I am confident they aren’t that stupid we have at worst 550k there.

It’s not an if, Foran was injured in a rep game. He is out the season. We will get the 350k. If not more.

That’s 900k without tpa.

Anyhow no point going over it. We won’t be getting him we fucked that up.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
You said you can’t see how we have that.

Simple. You simply substituted Katoa for api.

One would be worth 400-500k everyday of the week on the market in api.

The other would be on minimum in any club in the nrl.

Two of three listed that we are stated to have been playing for aren’t coming for under 700k no doubt in the world.

That’s 350k each. Raimen has got 500k+ we know that from reports. Api certainly didn’t leave manly for a pay cut which he was on good $ and we once again heard 500k+.

I’m not saying we offered that, that might be overs though either way it’s not like they where a chance at 200k each or something so small.

Katoa is not on a similar contract and if he is then our club is ran by clowns.

Assuming they aren’t that stupid which I am confident they aren’t that stupid we have at worst 550k there.

It’s not an if, Foran was injured in a rep game. He is out the season. We will get the 350k. If not more.

That’s 900k without tpa.

Anyhow no point going over it. We won’t be getting him we fucked that up.
We don’t know without having their contract figures but still seems like a large gap to the million plus Latrell wants. If it’s not the money there must be other reasons why we went cold on him

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
You lot are still going on about this lol.

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you believe we'll pay any of Mitchell's contract next year you're as delusional as Foran. We didn't do it for Pearce, we didn't do it for RTS, we simply do not do that.
Don't pay next season's contract but sign him for 2021... you think the Roosters won't pay some of his contract? If they want him gone then they still pay!

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
We don’t know without having their contract figures but still seems like a large gap to the million plus Latrell wants. If it’s not the money there must be other reasons why we went cold on him
I agree in the aspect there must be other reasons. Maybe he turned us down and we are trying to save face? Maybe after woods and Mbye and Foran and the other flops we are scared to pay $.

The other side is simple maths. It’s there. Clearly. Especially with forans minimum 350k.

I disagree on the passing. I’ve made that clear. Though I also don’t know why they have. I don’t agree with the smear campaign that’s been ran against him.

Though again, no point going over it. We couldn’t land api or Herman or Raimen. No shock we can’t land latrell.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Go the Tigers. we are dodging a bullet..
Write that quote in the "Mark my words" thread so I can bring it up when we play the Tigers next year.

Gallo2014

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I am so over the ‘proud indigenous man who wants to be with his culture at souffs...’ crap! That to me is being racist insinuating that other clubs aren’t worthy clubs to play footy because they don’t have ‘proud indigenous players’. This is sports not politics and if Latrell goes to souffs because of this indigenous myth then he is being sold a myth by people who wants to divide Australians whilst lefties enable them. Thurston never crapped on about that which is why he is popular with all AUSTRALIAN footy and sports fans. Mundane & Goodes have really lost their sporting legacy because of this divisive rhetoric and Latrell might find himself a loser if he still keeps hanging with these types. Thurston should slap him around just so he wakes up to himself.