News Bulldogs coach Dean Pay throws trust behind young playmakers to fill Foran void

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The only position id play lewis is 13.
6 cogger
7 wakeham
13 lewis

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I've watched him over the past 4 years for the Panthers and he isn't that good.
Well we watched Lichaa for 5. Can you blame us for thinking he was maybe an improvement? :grinning:

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
The only position id play lewis is 13.
6 cogger
7 wakeham
13 lewis
In some ways I’d like to see what this looks like. Lewis seems too small for 13 but his tireless defence seems to make up for that. Might stop those esophagus seeking kicks.

Then it’s the surplus backrowers we have to make fit - Jacko and Stimson seem the obvious picks to start but CHN, Ogden, To’omaga and RFM all need game time. Haven’t seen much of Britt so too early to comment. Maybe there’s some substitution in the front row as well. For me Sue, Elliott and Smith are surplus but I’m sure Pay sees it differently.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm sure he said the same thing earlier this year too.

Hopefully Pay uses the right halves and isn't stubborn about sticking with certain players. He needs to use the off season and trials wisely.
If we keep changing players how will the club establish a cohesive unit?

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Exactly, Foran only contribution for all the money he was paid, was to hinder the development of the other young halves at the club or tying up money which would have enabled us to sign full-time players.
Foran should step up while he's out, and start mentoring the younger players filling in for him. It's the least he could do for the club.