• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Absolutely, don’t get your point re value
Commensurate to age rather than talent.

Right now, Latrell Mitchell is the most talented player on the NRL & on the market & the market dictates the value. But a player’s worth is what a club is prepared to pay.
But good to have robust debate
Enjoy your posts regardless
And you your posts too.
I respect all posters who articulate and reason their arguments - regardless of my agreement with them or not.

Yes, the market dictates the value.
16 stakeholders in that market are not buying.
So far.
Because the asset is too expensive and because the investment is seen as risky.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Mitchell protects local farm from NSW bushfires

http://www.msn.com/en-au/sport/rugb...oa-in-nines-semi-finals/ar-AAJ1qYa?ocid=ientp

Latrell Mitchell has taken time away from ongoing speculation surrounding his NRL future to join the firefighting effort on NSW's mid-north coast.

After the Roosters rescinded their $800,000-a-season offer to the young centre over a week ago, Mitchell returned to his hometown of Taree where he remains poised for a move to the Wests Tigers.

More than 200 homes have been lost since Friday after bushfires ravaged the region, claiming the lives of four people. And on Wednesday the 22-year-old fought back against the devastation.

Alongside family and friends, the rugby league prodigy ventured out to protect a local farm threatened by encroaching fires.

© Twitter Latrell Mitchell protects local farm from NSW bushfires
"It's terrible, the fire is just there, ay. I'm doing my part, helping the cattle out," Mitchell told the Daily Telegraph.

"Mother nature needs to look at us. We need to have a good think about ourselves as well. We need to start backburning when we've got the chance, otherwise this is going to keep happening.

"It's crazy, it's sad. People lose their houses. Farmers work really hard. It's devastating.

"Stay safe, make sure you've got a fire plan and get out and get your family right."

© Getty Larell Mitchell
The messy contract negotiations that have put Mitchell under the microscope look to be at an end with a three-year back-ended deal with the Tigers set to be finalised.

The Tigers are reportedly preparing a $3 million, three-year deal to land Mitchell after the Sydney Roosters rescinded an $800,000 contract offer to the superstar centre.

Mitchell has told potential new clubs that he wants to play fullback; which would allow him to earn $1 million per season, as opposed to what he was offered by the Roosters to remain at centre.

© Provided by Nine Digital Pty Ltd Johnathan Thurston and Paul Gallen give their take on Latrell's contract saga.
The Daily Telegraph reports, Tigers club officials are refusing to confirm Mitchell's arrival just yet, but sourced inside the club indicate the deal is close to being sealed.

Mitchell currently remains under contact with the Roosters for next season but the club will agree to an early release to Wests Tigers.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Good on him, he seems to be an intelligent kid with his head screwed on. Whoever with and wherever he ends up I hope him the best. The media have had a field day ruining his character with nothing but mostly rumours and innuendo that we've been reading and its been unfair.

Latrell Mitchell has taken time away from ongoing speculation surrounding his NRL future to join the firefighting effort on NSW's mid-north coast.

After the Roosters rescinded their $800,000-a-season offer to the young centre over a week ago, Mitchell returned to his hometown of Taree where he remains poised for a move to the Wests Tigers.

More than 200 homes have been lost since Friday after bushfires ravaged the region, claiming the lives of four people. And on Wednesday the 22-year-old fought back against the devastation.

Alongside family and friends, the rugby league prodigy ventured out to protect a local farm threatened by encroaching fires.

"It's terrible, the fire is just there, ay. I'm doing my part, helping the cattle out," Mitchell told the Daily Telegraph.

"Mother nature needs to look at us. We need to have a good think about ourselves as well. We need to start backburning when we've got the chance, otherwise this is going to keep happening.

"It's crazy, it's sad. People lose their houses. Farmers work really hard. It's devastating.

"Stay safe, make sure you've got a fire plan and get out and get your family right."

Last edited:

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

© Getty Larell Mitchell
The messy contract negotiations that have put Mitchell under the microscope look to be at an end with a three-year back-ended deal with the Tigers set to be finalised.

The Tigers are reportedly preparing a $3 million, three-year deal to land Mitchell after the Sydney Roosters rescinded an $800,000 contract offer to the superstar centre.

Mitchell has told potential new clubs that he wants to play fullback; which would allow him to earn $1 million per season, as opposed to what he was offered by the Roosters to remain at centre.

© Provided by Nine Digital Pty Ltd Johnathan Thurston and Paul Gallen give their take on Latrell's contract saga.
The Daily Telegraph reports, Tigers club officials are refusing to confirm Mitchell's arrival just yet, but sourced inside the club indicate the deal is close to being sealed.

Mitchell currently remains under contact with the Roosters for next season but the club will agree to an early release to Wests Tigers.
So he signs with the tigers for 3 years for 3 million starting 2021, and the Roosters are willing to let him go for next season which means they will cover a chunk of next year's salary! Well done tigers..... that what you call smart business! In the mean time we're paying most of our players overs but we don't want to pay someone with Latrell's skills and talent overs because he might not full fill his potential.... we are FUCKED!

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
So he signs with the tigers for 3 years for 3 million starting 2021, and the Roosters are willing to let him go for next season which means they will cover a chunk of next year's salary! Well done tigers..... that what you call smart business! In the mean time we're paying most of our players overs but we don't want to pay someone with Latrell's skills and talent overs because he might not full fill his potential.... we are FUCKED!
I doubt the Roosters will pay any $$ for next year, he will be released.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Where were you going to pull that million from when we are still hampered by the cap for 2020?

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you believe we'll pay any of Mitchell's contract next year you're as delusional as Foran. We didn't do it for Pearce, we didn't do it for RTS, we simply do not do that.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He would be unstoppable with a great club behind him and some stability. I do think we could fill that role for him and would offer him 800k to see if he's interested.
He had that in 2018 and 2019.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
If you believe we'll pay any of Mitchell's contract next year you're as delusional as Foran. We didn't do it for Pearce, we didn't do it for RTS, we simply do not do that.
No chance the Roosters would do that.
By the way you guys offered Latrell 800k which is overs, something you don't do either.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
No chance the Roosters would do that.
By the way you guys offered Latrell 800k which is overs, something you don't do either.
I wouldn't say 800k is overs for Latrell tbh. Just Roosters saying that out loud is something they don't do...

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Simply rorting the cap

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I wouldn't say 800k is overs for Latrell tbh. Just Roosters saying that out loud is something they don't do...
Everyone values players differently I guess.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Everyone values players differently I guess.
So you agree in paying him 1mil for Dogs to sign him. And you go on about us having to pay 200-300 more to lure them over. What do you think he's worth?

Remembering Manu is 600/650K and that's fair.

We are in 2020, 800k is not top $$ anymore.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Money is one thing but maybe he meant a club with a soul
You sound like a lol@souffs supporter. They also believe some invisible thingy makes their club great. I think winning makes your club great.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
So you agree in paying him 1mil for Dogs to sign him. And you go on about us having to pay 200-300 more to lure them over. What do you think he's worth?

Remembering Manu is 600/650K and that's fair.

We are in 2020, 800k is not top $$ anymore.
I've always said Latrell is worth 700k. 900k-1m is what we'd have to pay to entice him. That has always been my stance.

Manu re-signed with the Roosters for 550k (?). I'd say Manu is 550k or 600k. If we wanted Manu we'd have to offer at least 700k possibly more.

200-300k isn't a blanket rule. Depends on how much the player is worth to start with. The higher the more overs you're going to have to pay. Just logical really.