News Bulldogs coach Dean Pay throws trust behind young playmakers to fill Foran void

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Katoa is a shit hooker. Shouldn't be in the first grade team.
Wasn't everyone blowing their load over his international appearances?

I didn't see any of those shitty games.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Mark my word
Aiden sezer is coming sos
He will be our halfback
Spread the word boyz
They better not. There's no point stifling the development of our halves by putting a mediocre stop gap in their place and signing someone just because they can. Will Sezer lead us to the finals? Probably not.

I'd rather take a chance on Croft for a similar price because at least he has some potential left. Even if he was disappointing at Melbourne, he still showed flashes of class.

The problem with this pathetic insurance rule though is if they don't sign a half then they can't sign anyone so they might as well sign someone, just not Sezer. We should be allowed to spend the money on any position we want. Only the NRL could come up with a rule that makes so little sense...

youoboys

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Bulldogs fan here:
Aiden tolman to play half back in 2020...... so he can touch the ball on 1st, 3rd, 4th and 5th tackle now

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Pay has no choice but to play the young guys. Lewis Cogger Wakeham. Like all 3 players.
Bring on 2000

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Katoa is a shit hooker. Shouldn't be in the first grade team.
He was a shit hooker at Panthers. He showed in the internationals that he can play ok, so he might do a Dallin and play well for us. It could be the Cleary factor.

And if he turns out to be shit for us, he can play reggies and JMK stays in 1sts.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
cogger and wakeham have to be our 6 and 7 and they need to be left on the fucking field to develop a long term combination,if pay chops and changes them for any other reason than injury we will go nowhere again.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Another long season if its Cogger/lewis again

Pay needs to bite bullet and give Wakeham more than 1-2 games. Lets use 2020 for youngsters to audition. We are never ever going to win comp next year so Pay needs to experiment

kap123

Kennel Established
Reaction score
They better not. There's no point stifling the development of our halves by putting a mediocre stop gap in their place and signing someone just because they can. Will Sezer lead us to the finals? Probably not.

I'd rather take a chance on Croft for a similar price because at least he has some potential left. Even if he was disappointing at Melbourne, he still showed flashes of class.

The problem with this pathetic insurance rule though is if they don't sign a half then they can't sign anyone so they might as well sign someone, just not Sezer. We should be allowed to spend the money on any position we want. Only the NRL could come up with a rule that makes so little sense...
I agree... I think we should back Lewis at 6 and Wakeham at 7. Happy for Cogger to battle it out with Katoa for the utility spot on the bench.

If we are set on buying somone than it has to be Croft. We need to look at buying players from successful systems (i.e. Melbourne, Roosters, Broncos to an extent). It is why I keep carrying on about Tetevano as a value for money buy.

kungfuman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm sure he said the same thing earlier this year too.

Hopefully Pay uses the right halves and isn't stubborn about sticking with certain players. He needs to use the off season and trials wisely.
I think he will find it tough splitting Cogger and Wakeham its a toss of the coin who will get a crack first out of the two they have both shown good glimpses when they had a chance, whoever he picks he will get shotdown you cant make everyone happy

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
All the things deano and this useless board were gonna do. Club is full of gonnas at minute.
We got stimson and dallin, quite frankly cause we were the only place with room and money for dallin at the time.
The big recruitment drive hey. Even some of our young forwards just coming through now are 24 to 28.
Where fucked for a very long time still. Only footballer in club who gets it is young wakeham.
Ive been very very frustrated and just have to turn my attention elsewhere for awhile.
Where not going anywhere or doing anything for years down the track yet.
Where just treading water. Its bullshit.
Check in on yez in a few months. Nothing will change.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Wasn't everyone blowing their load over his international appearances?

I didn't see any of those shitty games.
I've watched him over the past 4 years for the Panthers and he isn't that good.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
He was a shit hooker at Panthers. He showed in the internationals that he can play ok, so he might do a Dallin and play well for us. It could be the Cleary factor.

And if he turns out to be shit for us, he can play reggies and JMK stays in 1sts.
He has played nrl for 4 years now under 2 coaches and is still shit.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
DWZ
Lewis then Wakeham once everyone finally realises Lewis is shit
Cogger
JMK - ERGH

Katao - ERGH

We need a hooker badly