News ‘Giving up is not an option’: Kieran Foran declares latest injury blow won’t end his career

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
17929FC8-E797-43AD-B978-01A2753CAB6C.jpeg Luckless Bulldogs star Kieran Foran has ruled out the possibility of retirement despite the injury-prone five-eighth being ruled out of the 2020 NRL season due to a shoulder injury.
Foran underwent reconstructive surgery on Tuesday which revealed “new and additional damage” that wasn’t detected during the MRI scan, meaning the 29-year-old Kiwi internaitonal will require fiurther surgery and require up to 12 months of rehabilitation.

However, Foran remains defiant he will play on despite a terrible run of injuries that has meant he has earned about $115,000 for every game played for the Bulldogs.

“I’m not about to roll over and put an end to it, that’s for sure,” Foran told the Sydney Morning Herald. “I feel like my best years are still to come, that’s the most frustrating thing.

“Giving up for me at this stage is not an option. Until it’s taken from me, and I’ve got no option but to give up, then I will give up. You would probably have to take me off in a wheelchair for that to happen.

“I’m not going to roll over lightly, that’s for sure. I’m strong in my beliefs. I believe I still have good footy in me and I believe I can still compete at this level. Until I have no option but to walk away, I’m going to keep fighting my way back.”

Unfortunately the Bulldogs, as the rules stand, are only eligible to receive $350,000 in salary cap relief as Foran’s latest injury was sustained on international duty with New Zealand.

It’s a situation that Canterbury chief executive Andrew Hill will take up with the NRL.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like Foran but I think the writing is on the wall. Particularly disappointed he made himself available for an international and got himself injured again.

Would be nice to hear he is ready to retire and we can then pay him instead in another capacity like all the other clubs are being allowed.

It's great that we have stuck by him to date, but there comes a time. It seems he's in denial now.

beastwood89

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If he keeps that attitude he might not even be able to walk away he might be carried away. Ffs foz think of your kids you selfish fuck.

At least if he gives up now he might still be able to run around with his kids, god forbid if he was to cop a serious ending injury from sustained physical abuse because he thinks he has 3 years in him when he can hardly string together 10 games a season. Ffs foz mate I admire your confidence and will but your stupidity is out of this world.

Banned
Reaction score
FFS FOZ, you walk past my avator every fucking time you're @ Belmore!
Which part of it are you failing to comprehend?
<<====Club first, team second, individual third!

Mr Shhh

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hopefully his surgeon will talk him into retirement. I can’t see any positives if he returns to the field.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Honestly, how can you not hate him? Ffs. Worst signing ever.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He physically can't roll over because then he'd require another shoulder reconstruction.

Best years are still ahead of him? You mean best years of rehabbing more injuries and having even more surgeries? Sounds like fun! Good luck with that!

Never has there been a more physically broken player that just can't accept reality. The only people that profit from Foran playing on are the surgeons that will keep trying to put him back together again.

youoboys

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Bulldogs fan here :
What a tough son of s bitch. To be where he is after the mental demons he had is credit to him and his family. He will get through this. I’m all for dogs resigning him but we all know his price tag won’t be high . Go the dogs!

gazza

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Foran has simply been a waste and a distraction. After this latest injury, no club with decent legal advice would take the legal and medical risk of putting this guy back in harm's way. They would have their pants sued off them. Luckily Canterbury may have dodged a bullet because it happened playing for NZ and not the club, in a game in which he was offered by NZ and he personally willingly accepted to play.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I like him, but his starting to piss me off
Just retire
Your legacy is beginning to get tarnished

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If any club was to sign him (which I doubt) will need to be paid on games played per year. No one in their right mind would pay him a base salary without anything as such written in.

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tough or stupid ? Says he is willing to play until he is rolled out in a wheelchair. name him round one. Let him play with the shoulder sling on and see how that goes.

Mr Shhh

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Honestly, how can you not hate him? Ffs. Worst signing ever.
She Rex and Sharon Woods were pretty fucking woeful.

Nick Younquest
Joe Williams
Danny Williams
Charlie Leaeno
Liam Roach

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Like ya foz but yeah nah, time to fuck off from our club and retire

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Love ya Fozzy, your a tough bastard lol, but look after yourself now an finish up mate.!!

UndeadShadowMan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Obviously dosnt care about his health just doing it for the money guess if you had 2 kids & 6 step children to support you would probably do the same. Just pay him out for his final year & get him off our books forever.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
It's great to have an attitude of never giving up but at some stage you have to face reality.

He needs to look beyond the next 2-3 years and think about his quality of life in 25 years time.