News Kieran Foran to miss 12 months with two shoulder surgeries

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Man, I really want to speak my mind but it wouldnt be nice. I wouldnt wish this on any bloke at the back end of there career but I wish he'd see sense and do us right. 'phew, I did good. 1 missassippi, 2 missa....'

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Foran says his best playing years are ahead of him and he won't retire until it's taken from him.

Your mind can tell you that but physically you have no say in the matter. Listen to your body Kieran not your head

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
We will end up paying him out I bet. Worst fkn signing ever.

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dont sign a 2nd rate half just give our young guys a go
Agreed!
How about investing in a decent halves coach????
Shifty at the very least on the FT coaching staff would be a start...

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Agreed!
I actually think our young halves will come good and surprise alot on here,i dont mind our youth policy

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Agreed!
Criminal that we haven't put more time and effort into this vital aspect of building a successful team.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
On the upside , Billy Slater had a year or so on the sidelines...think it was shoulder also...
Came back bigger and better and won a comp from memory..
The club will get part of his salary next year,$350k in fact and he doesn't have to retire.I don't for a second think that if he decides to play on that it will be at The Dogs after next year anyway.Those people who are calling for him to retire are just being selfish,if they were in his situation I wonder how "noble" they would be.
Also pretty sure if he claimed medical retirement and had his contract wiped from the cap for next year,then went elsewhere the following season there would be ramifications.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Aiden Sezer for sure. Dogs junior, good goal kicker great short kicking game. Better than we have, best option for 2020 easily.
Nothing we don't already have in Cogger minus the goal kicking

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
If that is our option, then better cogger than sezer.....although every time he has played us he carved us up
Yeah but that's largely due to his kicks in the corner and how passive we were on the edges with Hasler in charge. I was on the Sezer wagon a while ago but the GF really highlighted his deficiencies

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What a mess...
Foran came to Canterbury a broken man mentally and physically,
Canterbury lived up to the expectations and treated him like family.
His mate Hitler the cause of our problems, destroyed our playing roster and salary cap as if it was deliberately done, signing Foran was a final stamp of his great work at our club,
Kieran...Do you honestly believe you are worth a $1ml a season in the state your in ?
Isn't it time you started thinking beyond the DOLLAR sign ?
Or are you going to take the money and run back to Manly like your friend the mad scientist did ?
I don't wish you or anyone any harm...But I stopped feeling sorry !!!

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Foran says his best playing years are ahead of him and he won't retire until it's taken from him.

Your mind can tell you that but physically you have no say in the matter. Listen to your body Kieran not your head
Unfortunately he confirrms that he is riding it out using the club up till the end.

“This is my last contract at the Bulldogs. I have to rehab my shoulder and try to get back out on the field and prove to people I am still playing at this level and hope I can pick up a deal for the following year, or however long I manage to stay in the game. That’s what I want to be doing.”

And bugger you sucker Bulldogs.

Banned
Reaction score
Unfortunately he confirrms that he is riding it out using the club up till the end.

“This is my last contract at the Bulldogs. I have to rehab my shoulder and try to get back out on the field and prove to people I am still playing at this level and hope I can pick up a deal for the following year, or however long I manage to stay in the game. That’s what I want to be doing.”

And bugger you sucker Bulldogs.
If that's his approach, his legacy at the Dogs will be a sad sorry one, with little to nil respect for him whatsoever.
Also kissing goodbye to any post playing career options at the club too, as who wants a selfish arsehole like that around?

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
A lot of hate for Foran on here which I don't necessarily agree with.

Get that we're all angry as he's taking up so much of our salary cap and has played so few games for us. Ideally he'd retire, that's for sure. But at the same time he's a person and has a desire to continue. Who are we to say he shouldn't? This is his passion. If someone told me to give up wanking I'd tell them to bugger off!

What does he owe the club? Let's be honest here.

Yes we signed him on overs but that's not his mistake. Yes, we stuck by him during the injuries but we were obliged to.Yes we gave him personal attention, but we're the family club so that's part of the business. It's not great how it turned out for him and us, but we chose to sign him for that much knowing his injury record. We made that decision. Why blame him?

Get we're all angry. I am too! On his day Foran is outstanding and a real leader on our team. Will be missed. But the fact we signed him in the first place, and for so much ...! At the end of the day we made out bed we've got to suck it up and sleep in it.

Simples.

Banned
Reaction score
A lot of hate for Foran on here which I don't necessarily agree with.

Get that we're all angry as he's taking up so much of our salary cap and has played so few games for us. Ideally he'd retire, that's for sure. But at the same time he's a person and has a desire to continue. Who are we to say he shouldn't? This is his passion. If someone told me to give up wanking I'd tell them to bugger off!

What does he owe the club? Let's be honest here.

Yes we signed him on overs but that's not his mistake. Yes, we stuck by him during the injuries but we were obliged to.Yes we gave him personal attention, but we're the family club so that's part of the business. It's not great how it turned out for him and us, but we chose to sign him for that much knowing his injury record. We made that decision. Why blame him?

Get we're all angry. I am too! On his day Foran is outstanding and a real leader on our team. Will be missed. But the fact we signed him in the first place, and for so much ...! At the end of the day we made out bed we've got to suck it up and sleep in it.

Simples.
What if you were told to give up wanking and if you didn't, you wouldn't be able to enjoy sex ever again due to medical reasons?

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
What if you were told to give up wanking and if you didn't, you wouldn't be able to enjoy sex ever again due to medical reasons?
You haven't met my hands mate. By God they do things men only dream of!

Will. Never. Give. It. Up. NEVER!

gazza

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have no sympathy for him. He should never have played for NZ. Pure selfishness and absolutely no consideration for the club after all it has done to support him and get his health back. And what did he say? He worked so hard to get back in the New Zealand side. What a wanker. And then he said he would play for free. I don't see him offering to forego his $1m salary and all the medical and rehab expenses. Another Manly retirement benefit signing by Des.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Two options

Medical retirement; or
Club putting the pressure on him quietly to make sure he knows that the club doesn't see him in it's future plans and that if he chooses to play on in 2021 that he will be doing it in reserve grade.