News Kieran Foran to miss 12 months with two shoulder surgeries

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is it a similar injury tho? Same shoulder? It doesn't have to be exactly the same.
That depends on what the rule states.

It's the same shoulder. Technically if it is a different part of the shoulder and that part had no medical evidence of injury previously then it is a 'new' injury. I think that's why the statement read on the news indicated 'new part of the shoulder' because that statement was released by the dogs and would want to put themselves in a position to fight it.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nothing stopping him retiring now on medical grounds , and then coming out of retirement in 2021 if he feels he has recovered and wants to play on and another club want to sign him.
Don't think insurance Co. would cover him

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bring back the shoulder pads.

For all you generation Z's and Millenials. They look like this lol images (16).jpeg

Kennelnator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Trex still worse imo. Paid him almost as much, and sure he wasnt injured as often, but it wouldnt have mattered if he had been. But Foz is a solid second worst signing ever imo. Both astute signings by supercoach Des, and both ex Manly players. I swear Des sabotaged us on purpose.
When you way up the dollars, Foran is our worst signing by a country mile

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Bad luck and you cant fault his fighting qualities but he’s starting to be a bit delusional,comeon kieran its just not to be mate your body is broken

Juicydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It's up to the player. Foran will be out for 12 months or whatever but it isn't a career ending injury. Foran is the one you need to convince as he wants to play on as long as there is a chance he can return. I'm sure we have enough to medically retire him but it's up to Foran mentally. Even if we paid Foran out 1.2m I still don't think he'd do it as he couldn't be registered to play again, 'medically retired'.
He can convince himself all he likes, but the matter of the fact is that there is not 1 single NRL club who will sign him up.

Foran knows its over, he will collect his $1.2m, and gently sail into the sunset

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
He can convince himself all he likes, but the matter of the fact is that there is not 1 single NRL club who will sign him up.

Foran knows its over, he will collect his $1.2m, and gently sail into the sunset
Obviously doesn't know it's over. Otherwise he'd medically retire. The club would find a way to give him that 1.2m.

Juicydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Obviously doesn't know it's over. Otherwise he'd medically retire. The club would find a way to give him that 1.2m.
And give up another $114k in Super + 3rd party top up?

I dont think so

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Alright now with all of the other members of the kennel sending their condolences and telling us how unfortunate this is for Foran... I am going to go in on this flop of a signing.

GET DES' BIG MONEY FLOPS OUT OF THIS CLUB. We cannot repair the damage until they are gone. FORAN OUT.

This Des mercenary needs to retire asap. We have ex-Manly weeds within this great club that are destroying the foundations. Until this weed infestation is removed we cannot even think about challenging for a premiership.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for the effort foz, it's a shame you won't be seen playing in a blue and white Jersey again. Pity you're to fucking stubborn to do the sensible thing for everyone and just medically retire

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
What a stupid rule. Why would you only get up to 350k relief when all of the highest paid players play rep footy? As I said before, there's no way Politis would stand by and only get 350k in cap relief if Tedesco tore his ACL playing for Australia.

Likewise Souths, Brisbane and Melbourne would have all received cap relief for the entire salary of any of their players injured, despite what the "rules" say.

I'm sick of our club always having to feel the full brunt and weight of the NRL's absurd rulings, yet those same rules are bent and broken for other clubs whenever they need it.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Initially when we signed Foran I thought ok this is a position we need to fix (5/8) and he won't take up much cap space given his form & injury history at Eels and Warriors.

Sure Des wanted him but how the hell do you come up with a million dollar contract for him? How could Dib rubber stamp such an awful deal?

As a club we're still trying to heal from the damage done by poor recruitment and retention.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I was very supportive of signing Foran as I thought he would help to improve the team. But jesus what a disaster for the club.

Prediction Foran doesn’t retire he does his rehab with us paid for by the club, collects his $1.2m for 2020 then looks around for another 3 year contact in the NRL.