News Kieran Foran to miss 12 months with two shoulder surgeries

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Firstly, Foran's comments about playing on was with the knowledge he would return playing in 2020.

Now with the latest news of two more operations required let's give him the benefit of the doubt for now and see what his response will be based on this.

Also, I am sure I heard correctly on the radio that there is a 'NEW' problem with the shoulder along with existing. So with this, there could be an argument from the Dogs to medically retire him (if Foran agree's) based on the new injury or at the very least further compensation over and above the current $350k.

None of this can happen though if Foran can't realise his days as a footy player are over.
Burgess' was a new infection complication so we have a chance...even if it is the Bulldogs they are are looking at giving an even break.

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's up to the player. Foran will be out for 12 months or whatever but it isn't a career ending injury. Foran is the one you need to convince as he wants to play on as long as there is a chance he can return. I'm sure we have enough to medically retire him but it's up to Foran mentally. Even if we paid Foran out 1.2m I still don't think he'd do it as he couldn't be registered to play again, 'medically retired'.
Really , I would have thought the club as employer would have the right under expert medical advice to stand down an employee that is not ‘fit for duty’ and is a ‘danger’ to their own health and well being.

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You pay $1 million for a bloke who wasn't fit the 3 seasons prior, what did we honestly expect. He was never a $1 million player, and it's screwed our salary cap again.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
You pay $1 million for a bloke who wasn't fit the 3 seasons prior, what did we honestly expect. He was never a $1 million player, and it's screwed our salary cap again.
Des is the gift that keeps on giving. I hope we get a sell out crowd to boo him at Belmore on the 15th of May

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Foran got 115k per game across his 26 games. He played one full season across three years. What a great signing!

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Des is the gift that keeps on giving. I hope we get a sell out crowd to boo him at Belmore on the 15th of May
Foran is trying to make TRex he second worst signing in our history...

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Croft looked ordinary surrounded by superstars at the storm.

He is not our answer.
Not allowed to play to his strengths at the storm. Not sure I'd take him either, but criticism against the kid isn't warranted especially when they've fell apart 2 seasons in a row when they dropped him

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Mbye, Woods, Foran all on $800k+

We are still paying for woods and Mbye loool.

seriously what the fuck were the club thinking

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We got him 2 clubs too late
Straight from manly the first time would’ve been perfect
But not after parra and warriors fcuked him

on his day still could be the best 5/8 in the game
But sadly his body will never let that occur

use his money for Munster or Fifita ASAP

use wakeham and Lewis for 2020
We won’t be winning the comp regardless

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
We got him 2 clubs too late
Straight from manly the first time would’ve been perfect
But not after parra and warriors fcuked him

on his day still could be the best 5/8 in the game
But sadly his body will never let that occur

use his money for Munster or Fifita ASAP

use wakeham and Lewis for 2020
We won’t be winning the comp regardless
When he was playing for Manly, and was a walk up into the Kiwi side, he was one of the best halves in the game. He played the full season when they won the comp in 2011.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I'm done with the ****! He was not obviously brought up with decent parents if he thinks what he is doing is ok! Selfish **** stinks of someone who has got use to earning money doing fukin nothing and won't budge. Fukin Monty Burns is healthier than that fukwit. Pay the **** out, he can get fuked with coaching gigs after footy with us and get the fuk out of our club. Go join up with your fukwit mate Hasbeen and chuckle around the camp fire together, hope you choke on your fukin money!

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Trex still worse imo. Paid him almost as much, and sure he wasnt injured as often, but it wouldnt have mattered if he had been. But Foz is a solid second worst signing ever imo. Both astute signings by supercoach Des, and both ex Manly players. I swear Des sabotaged us on purpose.
Des treated us like the Manly super fund.
Wonder if he collected any commission.

And he’s added T-Rex to Manly’s Top 30 for 2020.

What a farce.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He is off contract after season 2020 and unless there is a compelling reason and undeniable proof that he can complete a full season no club will want him hence his pigheadedness about retiring. He hasn't got three minutes left in the game let alone three years as he believes. We are now stuck with him like the proverbial lead weight around our necks. I am afraid a few games a year is not worth what he is being paid. Then again we paid that for him and we all know who had a big hand in that one so maybe he can take him off our hands for his club .

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
He's 1 game short from 200...when did he play his 150th? 2015? Lol.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Mark my words I will pay someone $30 I’m in wrong .. Cogger and Lewis will take us to finals
Screen shot taken for reference end of 2020.
I hope you don’t have to pay that $30 because if you’re right it’d be outstanding...

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Not allowed to play to his strengths at the storm. Not sure I'd take him either, but criticism against the kid isn't warranted especially when they've fell apart 2 seasons in a row when they dropped him
I still think Croft has a lot to offer. Still a young kid so I think the criticism is harsh and like you said. Storm didn’t play better in the games he was dropped. So was definitely a scapegoat it seems.

I’d even have a go at ash Taylor for the right price. Both young kids that may have been low on confidence or what ever. But they can do all the basics of a half (kick, pass, run) which is way more then Lewis can do (Lewis can just tackle forwards).

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm done with the ****! He was not obviously brought up with decent parents if he thinks what he is doing is ok! Selfish **** stinks of someone who has got use to earning money doing fukin nothing and won't budge. Fukin Monty Burns is healthier than that fukwit. Pay the **** out, he can get fuked with coaching gigs after footy with us and get the fuk out of our club. Go join up with your fukwit mate Hasbeen and chuckle around the camp fire together, hope you choke on your fukin money!
When are you going to tell us what you really think?