What is your favourite (CURRENT) TV Show

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Binge watched season 2 of Impulse. Season 2 was better than season 1 but the show still needs more work. It would be better as a movie. There's just way too much filler.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
For anyone who hasn't seen the Batwoman series, this explains it well

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Not even watching it. I don’t need reviews from
White straight
Men telling me and other powerful women like me that the show sucks, they’re just intimidated.
It's left wing feminists like you that are destroying the world for us Christians

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I haven't read too far back through this thread. So I don't know if this has been mentioned. But if you haven't watched
Detectorists
It's well worth the watch. It's a pretty short series that follows the lives of two old friends as they indulge in their passion for searching for treasure in their local countryside with metal detectors. They've apparently finished it all up now after three seasons. To best summarise the show I'd say that as it goes on you find it hard not to get attached to the characters as they face some mini adventures with their sense of humour and a strong sense of optimism. The relationship between the main characters is realistic and they both grow on you. The supporting cast are also quite quirky and endearing. Nothing hugely exciting happens with them for the most part. But I found myself eager to see the next episode every week.

It's supposedly not going to extend into a fourth season. I'm a bit sad about that as I really enjoyed it. But they really concluded it quite well. Give it a watch.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
It's official! Here are the The Top 30 Seinfeld Episodes – as voted by the fans:

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's official! Here are the The Top 30 Seinfeld Episodes – as voted by the fans:

I wasn't a huge fan of the show but out of the episodes I watched the one that stood out to me was "The Contest" episode. When they make the bet that none of them will masturbate and pretty much straight after Kramer walks back in and say "I'm out" cracked me up so much.

Also, I always quote "I was in the pool" from another episode.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
images.jpeg

Ray Shoesmith, an assassin by profession, finds it difficult to juggle between various roles of a father, lover and a friend.

Just finished the first season and I'm quite impressed. The best show to come out of Australia by a country mile, only complaint is it should be longer and I can't seem to find the movie (the magician 2006) that the show is based on anywhere :tired:

Wahesh

Reaction score
I wasn't a huge fan of the show but out of the episodes I watched the one that stood out to me was "The Contest" episode. When they make the bet that none of them will masturbate and pretty much straight after Kramer walks back in and say "I'm out" cracked me up so much.

Also, I always quote "I was in the pool" from another episode.
I'm by no means the biggest fan of the show, but I will admit it did have a lot of great scenes. This one stands out a lot to me lol...

The Soup Nazi... the bit where Elain comes in and starts banging on the display case :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Also when George loses it at those blokes in the movie lol...

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
unnamed.jpg

A retired detective, tormented by a serial killer who stole a Mercedes killing sixteen people, leading to a series of letters and e-mails between the two sets out on a dangerous and potentially felonious crusade to bring him down.

Only having a vague idea of the plot and never read the novels this is based on, i didn't know what I was getting into, but being a fan of brendan gleeson I figured it would be worth a watch, so far 7 episodes in and I was right. Great acting and excellent character development which is building quite nicely each episode. All in all a very good show (well at least the first season is anyway)

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
images (1).jpeg

A review of a movie, or a restaurant, or a car -- or whatever else that typically falls under a critic's domain -- is all well and good, and can even be helpful at times. But how can one find out about myriad other experiences that are never tackled in reviews? Enter Forrest MacNeil, a critic who goes beyond overviews of life's more-common subjects -- way beyond -- to satisfy the curiosity of others: The adrenaline rush of stealing; the danger of drug addiction; the delight of sleeping with a celebrity. MacNeil tries anything suggested by viewers of his TV show, then presents a 1-to-5-star review. But his unwavering commitment to experiencing intense adventures means he must deal with the unintended consequences of such a goal. Andy Daly ("Eastbound & Down") stars as MacNeil.

This isn't on the air anymore but I consider it one of the funniest half hour comedy shows I've seen in the last five years.

Ive you're looking for a 30 minute show you can just sit back and enjoy, look no further.

Highly Recommended

Wahesh

Reaction score
View attachment 11953
A review of a movie, or a restaurant, or a car -- or whatever else that typically falls under a critic's domain -- is all well and good, and can even be helpful at times. But how can one find out about myriad other experiences that are never tackled in reviews? Enter Forrest MacNeil, a critic who goes beyond overviews of life's more-common subjects -- way beyond -- to satisfy the curiosity of others: The adrenaline rush of stealing; the danger of drug addiction; the delight of sleeping with a celebrity. MacNeil tries anything suggested by viewers of his TV show, then presents a 1-to-5-star review. But his unwavering commitment to experiencing intense adventures means he must deal with the unintended consequences of such a goal. Andy Daly ("Eastbound & Down") stars as MacNeil.

This isn't on the air anymore but I consider it one of the funniest half hour comedy shows I've seen in the last five years.

Ive you're looking for a 30 minute show you can just sit back and enjoy, look no further.

Highly Recommended
Well I might just give this a guy. Watching shows on Netflix that hit the 70 minute mark are getting a bit much lol.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
View attachment 11940
A retired detective, tormented by a serial killer who stole a Mercedes killing sixteen people, leading to a series of letters and e-mails between the two sets out on a dangerous and potentially felonious crusade to bring him down.

Only having a vague idea of the plot and never read the novels this is based on, i didn't know what I was getting into, but being a fan of brendan gleeson I figured it would be worth a watch, so far 7 episodes in and I was right. Great acting and excellent character development which is building quite nicely each episode. All in all a very good show (well at least the first season is anyway)
I read the books before embarking on the show, now wrapping up its third (and possibly final) on Foxtel.

Like the books the 2nd season is the weak link IMO, but the third returns quite strong. i actually hope it doesn't go past this - when shows extend beyond the books they are based on, they tend to get weaker. Having said that it doesn't religiously follow the books (would be hard to stretch a single book to ten hours of TV). I quite like Ida's character for example - she is a good foil/confidante for Hodges in the TV show, but she is barely mentioned in the books.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
View attachment 11953

Highly Recommended
Daly is quite funny as Richard's doctor in Silicon Valley - which has just started its 6th season.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm by no means the biggest fan of the show, but I will admit it did have a lot of great scenes. This one stands out a lot to me lol...

The Soup Nazi... the bit where Elain comes in and starts banging on the display case :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Also when George loses it at those blokes in the movie lol...

Seinfeld probably went one season too long, but it is to this day, a show which i find very quotable, much to Mrs CD's annoyance.

It is hard to go past The Contest. It would have been one of the first mainstream TV shows to discuss a woman masturbating.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
View attachment 11850
Ray Shoesmith, an assassin by profession, finds it difficult to juggle between various roles of a father, lover and a friend.

Just finished the first season and I'm quite impressed. The best show to come out of Australia by a country mile, only complaint is it should be longer and I can't seem to find the movie (the magician 2006) that the show is based on anywhere :tired:
The 2nd season is a bit darker, and started off a bit slower, but seems to then pick up. the latest Episode (s2 e9) is a departure from the others, and was really well done (but is also quite disturbing).

I think the kid in it is brilliant.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Seinfeld probably went one season too long, but it is to this day, a show which i find very quotable, much to Mrs CD's annoyance.

It is hard to go past The Contest. It would have been one of the first mainstream TV shows to discuss a woman masturbating.
Yeah there are plenty of great one-liners in the show. I still think the earlier years of the Simpsons will be hard to top though.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Can’t beat family guy or American dad..!