Reaction score
He needs to do the right things and retire,
Club will give him a coaching job .

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Wow
Dumbfounded

I’ve been a big Foran supporter but the Kant needs to retire to help out the club

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
He needs to do the right things and retire,
Club will give him a coaching job .
He said he's only 29 and wants to play on but I cant see the Bulldogs hanging onto him with our young halves busting for a shot at stardom.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
He said he's only 29 and wants to play on but I cant see the Bulldogs hanging onto him with our young halves busting for a shot at stardom.
His age might be 29 but his body is 69

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Knowing our club

‘Foran re signed for 3 more years’

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ok so Foran wants to play on if the bloke gave a single fuck about the club he would negotiate a release from the club. Even if we give him $200k-$300k to get him off the books. I doubt he’s going to walk away from that type of money he’s on though.

Last edited:

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Unfortunately the reality is he can do whatever he damn well pleases to do, and that probably won’t be retire.

That’s the nature of signing an incredibly injury prone player to a 3 year deal on mega money. What a cock-up.

Thanks again to Ray Dib, Des Hasler, and Raelene Castle. Top blokes.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Once again we've been arse raped here. Not only by Foran who's literally robbed us over a 3 year period, but the NRL who once again reward the top teams and leave the struggling teams already doing it tough to drown!

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
This is fucked.

As others have said he can spin it however he wants.

If he insists he is not done and won’t retire that’s great. Neutrally release from the contract.

People say why would he walk from 1mil ?

We have paid him 2mil for 20 odd
Games and he won’t put on the jersey this year. Not to mention he did this for nz not us...

If he has any decency he will do this because he knows we have been fucked for the cap
For the past few seasons and he’s done fucking nothing to earn this years pay and kissed on the doc the last 2.

Then again no Fucking club will pay him for the next few.
As someone said he will be 30+
With an average of
10 games a season or
Some Rubbish the past few years.

Do the right thing by us for fick sake Foran.
PLUS all the cost of the operations, doctors, physio, medications etc etc...he really needs to consider his legacy here and common decency.

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why can’t the club have the doctors report say “ in my expert opinion post surgery Kieron’s shoulder will not be stable enough for the day to day rigours of NRL” if that’s not already the doctors opinion then pay one that will write the report

RichoDog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
$115K PER GAME NOT BAD - WORST VALUE SIGNING EVER!

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
But wait this was initially reported by triple M can't be real lol

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Why can’t the club have the doctors report say “ in my expert opinion post surgery Kieron’s shoulder will not be stable enough for the day to day rigours of NRL” if that’s not already the doctors opinion then pay one that will write the report
It's up to the player. Foran will be out for 12 months or whatever but it isn't a career ending injury. Foran is the one you need to convince as he wants to play on as long as there is a chance he can return. I'm sure we have enough to medically retire him but it's up to Foran mentally. Even if we paid Foran out 1.2m I still don't think he'd do it as he couldn't be registered to play again, 'medically retired'.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If i was in his position i would feel guilty for only playing 33% of my contract.
Id help the club with retirement on medical grounds, so they would have the cap relief even when i still got my contract for 2020.
Then come back from retirement when injurys come good.
you wouldn’t know how you would feel because you don’t have $1mil in front of you and you never will. And also you can’t come back after medical retirement

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If he retires now he misses out on 1.2M for next season. Must of us would decide the same for that. He can always announce he's retiring after he's collected the $$$. His first priority will be that pay day ahead of the Dogs unfortunately. If only he could be medically retired he could still get the payout and we would have the cap space free. Seems though it's classed as a treatable injury.

I WAS all for re-signing Foran for 2021 with a downgrade but now I think we're mad if we offered him anything more than 115K minimum wage and even that's a big risk. Really he should be willing to play for bare minimum in future to pay us back.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
His age might be 29 but his body is 69
He's waiting on the surgery, it could be like Steve Turner, a degenerative injury that never gets better.