What are your thoughts on getting someone like Phil Gould to head up our recruitment committee ?

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is this the same Politi$ that did everything to get Thurston from our club even though he was under contract with us... then systematically pillaged our club post our 2004 GF win.. signing Mason Anasta Myles Omeley plus others.. then signed SBW ( whos angst with our club many people believe was started from Politis)..

Politi$ only cares about the Rorter$.. not rugby league and no other club..

Politi$ is a Lovely bloke? Ive never met him myself so can only judge him by his actions in rugby league..

But using your words ive met some lovely blokes in our club, and im sure many here can vouch for: The Mortimer brothers, Terry Lamb, Dr Peponis, Dr Hazard, so many past players etc etc... They are all lovely blokes..
Gould has built a strong reputation in league. But in his coaching stints he basically carried on with successful teams that we're well drilled. His term as a CEO at Penrith saw him invest more money on development of juniors. But for a team with a HUGE recruitment catchment it was only common sense to work hard on finding the local talent. Aside from that their player retention was pretty poor. Even in his commentary roles I think a lot of people mistake hindsight for wisdom. I have a 100% record for picking race winners when the race has been run which is the basic premise of how Gould commentated.

I really don't want him in any role at our club.
GOLDEN POST G DOG; I could write 100 pages about comments Gould made which shows his hatred for our club over many years, sure he may have helped get DWZ over the line, probably out of pity because at the time we were a real basket case on the field, and as much threat to the Roosters as I am to the Martians.
ALAN79 Sorry mate; your not the only chap that can pick winners 100% of the time after the race. Been doing it myself since time memorial.

Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
He did such a good job at penrith - not

A very smart football brain but his ego clouds his judgement these days

Past his best so no thanks

fooch

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Sumcunt that asian prick gets the blame for everything

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
part of recruitment is overseeing the junior systems in place... originally in 04, he found SBW, and a heap of our premiership winning squad, and being on the recruitment committee he was responsible for bringing in players like CHN, DWZ etc...
Gould did not influence their decision, they just ring him for advice and he just spoke well about the club...
I respect Mark Hughes
But credit should be given to John Ackland for directing SBW to us,
You can ask Mark about that :grinning:

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Anytime... just breathe bro, we will get there. I know we all want signings, they are coming, from whom my wife and I were at dinner with I’m very confident with their direction... ive been told the clubs doing A heck of a lot behind the scenes and it will all come to fruition..

yes, you might not hear about it in the papers.... cards being kept close to their chest... but be sure to not listen to the mole, the lurker, janes hooper, buzz, Paul ****... they done themselves no favours with their reporting on mad Monday... they aren’t being told shit.
Music to my ears:grinning:

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Is this the same Politi$ that did everything to get Thurston from our club even though he was under contract with us... then systematically pillaged our club post our 2004 GF win.. signing Mason Anasta Myles Omeley plus others.. then signed SBW ( whos angst with our club many people believe was started from Politis)..

Politi$ only cares about the Rorter$.. not rugby league and no other club..

Politi$ is a Lovely bloke? Ive never met him myself so can only judge him by his actions in rugby league..

But using your words ive met some lovely blokes in our club, and im sure many here can vouch for: The Mortimer brothers, Terry Lamb, Dr Peponis, Dr Hazard, so many past players etc etc... They are all lovely blokes..
Perfectly summed up

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Only if he has a 5 year plan!
He isn't going to live that down is he. He needs to reframe that narrative somehow. Maybe he can come to us and develop a five beer plan, reckon plenty of people would get behind that.

ash160

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gus basically called it the way any reasonable person would, just so silly and disappointing