Foran to retire !

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Latrell is a 700k Centre and the best Centre in the game. We obviously have to pay more then that tho. I really do hope there is another seesaw in our favour. From what I gathered the Roosters played hard ball with Latrell with their 650k offer. Latrell's position at the Roosters was untenable before there 800k which they withdrew almost immediately when they realised. Also I'm not going to dis a player for signing somewhere else for an exra 200-300k (possibly more). I think it's almost silly not to especially if it's long term. Even tho I think he'll be a massive miss we just move down the list if we miss out on him. We're not going to get any top talent for value I hope you understand that (that sounds like your main concern regarding the Latrell situation). If I told you Frizell or Arrow would be 900k-1m I doubt you'd want to sign them either.
If your managing the NRL salary cap for a team you simply cannot afford to be paying 1 centre $700k, let alone $850+. Mitchell knocked back a 2 year $800kpa Roosters offer. Centres dont do enough in a game TBH to warrant paying what Mitchell wants. A centre is not a spine player. Nor as important to a side as a good 13 or a yards eating offloading prop or a versatile backrower who hits hard in defence and has footwork and can offload & or bust tackles. Centres are down the pecking order hence Mitchell's wish to play FB or 5/8...basically anywhere that $1mpa is justifiable. We dont see him or want him in that role. Operating under the cap and not backending players means hes too much for a centre. End of story.

Foran is a spine player. We would look to replace Foran with another established spine player if Lewis, Cogger and Wakeham dont work out.

Cosmo24

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If your managing the NRL salary cap for a team you simply cannot afford to be paying 1 centre $700k, let alone $850+. Mitchell knocked back a 2 year $800kpa Roosters offer. Centres dont do enough in a game TBH to warrant paying what Mitchell wants. A centre is not a spine player. Nor as important to a side as a good 13 or a yards eating offloading prop or a versatile backrower who hits hard in defence and has footwork and can offload & or bust tackles. Centres are down the pecking order hence Mitchell's wish to play FB or 5/8...basically anywhere that $1mpa is justifiable. We dont see him or want him in that role. Operating under the cap and not backending players means hes too much for a centre. End of story.

Foran is a spine player. We would look to replace Foran with another established spine player if Lewis, Cogger and Wakeham dont work out.

Good points. But what if the centre averaged 10.92 points per game?
Which was only 2.66 points per game less than our entire team could muster up (13.58)

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Good points. But what if the centre averaged 10.92 points per game?
Which was only 2.66 points per game less than our entire team could muster up (13.58)
10.92 points in an amazing team. A team with a very good spine. Props. Backline. Etc. Etc.

We're not amazing and lack a good spine etc. etc. Spending that much on a player like him without players in those key positions wouldn't mean a return of the same points per game. Especially when you consider the points everyone has been saying in that he's a little lazy, and floats in and out of games. He doesn't enforce his name on a game.

Just seems so clear to me ...

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Did TripleM say Foran was retiring anytime soon OR did they mean at the end of 2020 LOL

Last edited:

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
10.92 points in an amazing team. A team with a very good spine. Props. Backline. Etc. Etc.

We're not amazing and lack a good spine etc. etc. Spending that much on a player like him without players in those key positions wouldn't mean a return of the same points per game. Especially when you consider the points everyone has been saying in that he's a little lazy, and floats in and out of games. He doesn't enforce his name on a game.

Just seems so clear to me ...
Latrell would be more of a focal point in our team then he is at the Roosters regardless if he's still playing Centre. I'd like to think he'll have more touches and the game plan should revolve around creating space for him. If he's heavily marked then it creates more room and opportunities for other players hence making other players looking better. Latrell is a very dangerous ball runner that can create something out of nothing more then not. Latrell is the best Centre, I think even someone like Ramien would of been a massive boost. There isn't much available in the Centres tho. Lomax is probably our next best get. The difference between Latrell and Lomax is huge.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Latrell would be more of a focal point in our team then he is at the Roosters regardless if he's still playing Centre. I'd like to think he'll have more touches and the game plan should revolve around creating space for him. If he's heavily marked then it creates more room and opportunities for other players hence making other players looking better. Latrell is a very dangerous ball runner that can create something out of nothing more then not. Latrell is the best Centre, I think even someone like Ramien would of been a massive boost. There isn't much available in the Centres tho. Lomax is probably our next best get. The difference between Latrell and Lomax is huge.
Agree that he'd be a greater focal point but bringing up stats from last year is silly imo as we're compeltely different.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score

What if you look at the wages of back 5 players in 30 squad in their entirety? The club is massively under invested in the back 5 compared to every other club in the competition.

the halves could be exactly the same. If Foran does retire before the start of the 2020 season. The club can't go into the season with only Cogger, Lewis & Wakeman. They are all effectively rookies and it is a long season.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Would love to see these two start in the halves ...and sign jai field and throw him in hooker he would be like lightning out of dummy half
Jai field in the middle will be like having someone in the bin the whole time his out there. Can't tackle for shiz.

Last edited:

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Where is the fucking confirmation of this????!!!!!

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Let it run a few days in bd coz it's off-season, but haven't seen any confirmation about this anywhere yet. So It's off to rumours until it's not one.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Knowing Forans attitude.... Its not true. Guy will never entertain the thought of retiring. He'd rather see out the last year of his contract than retire... at the clubs expense of course.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Was really hopeful this would happen (not because Foran is a shit player, he is an absolute leader and has even still got
More talent then most players while being completely busted) though the issue is he is busted.

He can’t stay on the field and now missing half the year before even stepping on the field for us will only end in tears when he picks
Up another injury on his return within a handful of games.

We could really use this money right now badly. We need some fucking class and Foran eating 1+mil is just brutal.

Not to mention wakeham Lewis and cogger can have 2020 to see who the fuck floats and sinks.

If they all sink 2021 we know needs replacements.

Meanwhile 2020 could use forans money or a large part to
Add a star to help our fucking point issue in our backline and replace the biggest issues in montoya/holland (which is why I was so keen on latrell)

Not going to flog that horse though with at worst 350k from forans injury for international and a few hundred k surely there after missing api and Raimen and only adding katoa. (Britt and Stimson where already signed)

Would be enough to get him here for 2020 and figure out from there with some tpa surely.

Anyway just my two cents.

I mean even if we don’t we need him off the books and use his $ to get ahead for 2020 on!

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
He's the highest paid player in the NRL on a games played basis. A million for half a season is like paying a player who plays every game 2 million a year.

Banned
Reaction score
Why are people saying to get Croft he is rubbish
Desperation, they want a signing, any signing, actually, if you or I offered our services and if signed, they would be appeased with that they're that desperate!