Reimis Smith extends his time at Belmore

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
How do you know the club wanted 1yr and not Reimis?
Maybe Reimis chose to extend for 1yr only to see if the club improves and if they don't, he might choose to explore his options elsewhere.
I think the club has made a number of short term re-signings in order to have a second round of players in 2022, so that if things dont work out for 221 we can have another real crack at changing our team to improve.
This is the way that I see it anyway.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We need something mate
To kick start our new beginning
Most supporters want a spring in their step for the off season.
I believe we deserve a big signing and a big sponsor
Haha hopefully and a few of the best pom players. Was just teasing you mate, Ray Dib’s a flog :grinning:

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
We need something mate
To kick start our new beginning
Most supporters want a spring in their step for the off season.
I believe we deserve a big signing and a big sponsor
I agree. I want the signing to be a good one and not a panic or pressure buy. We’ve been through a lot and always managed to get a major sponsor after a dry spell. That mad Monday shit didn’t help us. Touch wood, our players are behaving and it’s also quite funny Kia left us as major sponsor for a team with Lodge and Fifita!!

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Heard the peace offering To the security guard was a new kia....jokes
I agree. I want the signing to be a good one and not a panic or pressure buy. We’ve been through a lot and always managed to get a major sponsor after a dry spell. That mad Monday shit didn’t help us. Touch wood, our players are behaving and it’s also quite funny Kia left us as major sponsor for a team with Lodge and Fifita!!

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Heard the peace offering To the security guard was a new kia....jokes
Haha imagine that, the bouncer turns up to work in a stinger wearing an autographed broncos jersey

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
We seem to be re-signing these guys till the the end of 2021.... why???
short deals are better, locking up people long term gives us no flexibility in our cap. can be dangerous leaving a player vulnerable to poaching, but if we are winning games those good players will want to stay anyways.

Last edited:

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Good that he's extended his contract. And like others have said, it's a shame it was just for the single season. But perhaps that was Smith's choice. Perhaps he's hoping to increase his value based on the assumption that the team and himself will perform better throughout the year next year.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You dont think he was what it takes to be a centre?
Nope
He’s an awesome finisher with a quality leap
He doesn’t have the defensive smarts to be a centre
And plz don’t tell me that can be taught

Good kick returns and safe under the high ball.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Happy. Hope he sees more ball in 2020.

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Surprising we didnt want to lock him in for 2 to 3 years. Hes a class act getting better.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Nope
He’s an awesome finisher with a quality leap
He doesn’t have the defensive smarts to be a centre
And plz don’t tell me that can be taught

Good kick returns and safe under the high ball.
He is not an awesome finisher, his good at best. As for leaps hoppa in centre probably caught more bombs than him and as for defence I agree a natural centre will always be a better defender but it can be taught or learnt before being discounted.

I would gladly give it a shot if it means we can somehow get the best out of knockonbor and Smith on an edge... It could work or it might fail, all I'm arguing is it should be tried.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
He is not an awesome finisher, his good at best. As for leaps hoppa in centre probably caught more bombs than him and as for defence I agree a natural centre will always be a better defender but it can be taught or learnt before being discounted.

I would gladly give it a shot if it means we can somehow get the best out of knockonbor and Smith on an edge... It could work or it might fail, all I'm arguing is it should be tried.
I think hes one of the better finishers in the game man. Go back and watch the last game of the 2018 season when he scores a try against the dragons and switches the ball to his other hand to get the ball down. Kids got game sense

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think hes one of the better finishers in the game man. Go back and watch the last game of the 2018 season when he scores a try against the dragons and switches the ball to his other hand to get the ball down. Kids got game sense
Compared to blokes like fusi, vuni, Carr and fergo his average. His awareness of the touchline has always been suspect.. I rate the kid but his got plenty to do to be considered one of he best in my opinion.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Surprising we didnt want to lock him in for 2 to 3 years. Hes a class act getting better.
I suspect these shorter term extensions are part of a bigger plan we haven’t seen yet.

No doubt all the nay-sayers will pour cold water over this suggestion and that’s fine - just another day on The Kennel!

Dawain87

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Reimis, DWZ & Hoppa are all managed by Smith's old man Tyran.
Wouldnt be a surprise they also extend Hoppa's deal another season and then package all 3 together in 2022.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
After years of different wingers we should of been looking at locking in him for longer.