POLL on if Dogs should have made an official offer to Mitchell

Should the Dogs have made an "official offer" (as in ANY offer) to Mitchell

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
An official offer is when a contract is tabled to sign as far as I’m concerned the rest is cutting out all the bullshit to reach that point. You don’t get it do you? It’s in the clubs best interest to keep all their negotiations a secret. Any company or business worth it’s salt does things this way.
You just saved me writing it.
Exactly what you said.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Again your throwing useless words. You are saying if they want to keep their positions.
Ok let’s say you get your way and they stand down, or what ever. Who do you have in mind to replace them?
I don't want them to stand down specifically. I was all for the new board when they were elected in. If you check my history I was fully supporting their ticket along with retaining Turvey which is exactly how it went down. I just want them to hire a better experienced negotiator maybe. Fucking hire Phil Gould as a consultant maybe. Now that Chris Anderson has left there's a big whole I believe because the others have no real experience and we could be missing out on major talent that will improve our team.

Last edited:

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Its done. Move on. Yes you are upset that we didn't sign him and that is fine. But you don't need to shove it down our throats every bloody day.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
An official offer is when a contract is tabled to sign as far as I’m concerned the rest is cutting out all the bullshit to reach that point. You don’t get it do you? It’s in the clubs best interest to keep all their negotiations a secret. Any company or business worth it’s salt does things this way.
What big businesses negotiate 900K contracts at someone's house (with no manager present reportedly) ? So there's no 1% chance in hell that there was disagreement between our board members and they f..ked it up because they couldn't agree in the end ?

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
I don't want them to stand down specifically. I was all for the new board when they were elected in. If you check my history I was fully supporting their ticket along with retaining Turvey which is exactly how it went down. I just want them the hire a better experienced negotiator maybe. Fucking hire Phil Gould as a consultant maybe. Now that Chris Anderson has left there's a big whole I believe because the others have no real experience and we could be missing out on major talent that will improve our team.
When you are at the bottom of the ladder it doesn’t matter who is in charge your going to have to pay overs to get the quality players over. Same way if your at the top of the ladder you can pay little under to get players to join your club by enticing them with semi finals footy and a crack at a premiership.
The board currently in charge obviously don’t want to go paying overs for players and just want to steady build after the shit we are just coming out of from the other mob.
Just relax and have faith in the process.
LM is a gun player, he just isn’t the player the club believe is priority to sign at the moment on that kind of money. Some will agree and some won’t. Just have to wait and see.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think that matters mate.

It all depends on your audience and where they feel more comfortable..

It doesn't always have to be in a flash restaurant or boardroom, again depends on your audience and if you have done your due diligence on the person you will know how to pitch and in what environment
What big businesses negotiate 900K contracts at someone's house (with no manager present reportedly) ? So there's no 1% chance in hell that there was disagreement between our board members and they f..ked it up because they couldn't agree in the end ?

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its done. Move on. Yes you are upset that we didn't sign him and that is fine. But you don't need to shove it down our throats every bloody day.
I'm just as upset we didn't sign Manu. After all the banging on that we were going to chase a franchise player and we'd be a serious player in the market for 2021 I was pretty sure our club could have outbid the Roosters to sign at least 1 of them but no we got neither and yes I can't understand that I'm affraid. I just smell something's not right with our recruitment committee.

jasonsmith11

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
good football wins football matches, it doesnt matter what car latrell drives all that matters is the scoreboard

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am sure they will hit a purple patch soon, they just got to keep on putting the bids in to the potential players.
Eventually someone will say yes, we might be waiting until 2023, but the odds are shortening
I'm just as upset we didn't sign Manu. After all the banging on that we were going to chase a franchise player and we'd be a serious player in the market for 2021 I was pretty sure our club could have outbid the Roosters to sign at least 1 of them but no we got neither and yes I can't understand that I'm affraid. I just smell something's not right with our recruitment committee.

Snowmann

Party Rocker
Reaction score
Im gobsmacked at the thought that you think any club, let alone our club had a chance of prying Jospeh “the best centre in the game right now” Manu from Uncle Nicks greasy brown paper bags. You’re just as upset about that? I’d hate to see how pisses off you when you lose on the lotto.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im gobsmacked at the thought that you think any club, let alone our club had a chance of prying Jospeh “the best centre in the game right now” Manu from Uncle Nicks greasy brown paper bags. You’re just as upset about that? I’d hate to see how pisses off you when you lose on the lotto.
Yes to tell you the truth I do get pissed off about Lotto but no-ones coming out making false promises about that

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think that matters mate.

It all depends on your audience and where they feel more comfortable..

It doesn't always have to be in a flash restaurant or boardroom, again depends on your audience and if you have done your due diligence on the person you will know how to pitch and in what environment
These days I thought a club any professional club would be pitching in some kind of office only otherwise how can a player know if the club is genuinely serious or not ?

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not all business meetings occur in a office or boardroom with everyone in suits. To be honest someone’s house isn’t the worst place there’s so many people with cameras these days and it creates a media storm if your seen wining and dining or Latrell coming to Belmore. I doubt the board all agreed on the same number to offer Latrell and it’s obvious now that the majority must have been against it.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good post on another thread by Finchie

Just a quick run down
Highlight: dwz signing

players targeted and missed out:
Reece Robson
Jake Turpin
Luciano Leilua
Sam walker
Jayden brailey
Api korisau
Herman essese
Jessie ramien
Tommy Turbo
Jake turbo
Patrick cardigan
James segyaro
Corey Oates

that’s my concern
Can’t seal the deal and the question must be asked why ???

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Good post on another thread by Finchie

Just a quick run down
Highlight: dwz signing

players targeted and missed out:
Reece Robson
Jake Turpin
Luciano Leilua
Sam walker
Jayden brailey
Api korisau
Herman essese
Jessie ramien
Tommy Turbo
Jake turbo
Patrick cardigan
James segyaro
Corey Oates

that’s my concern
Can’t seal the deal and the question must be asked why ???
Not prepared to pay overs. A lot of those players I wouldn't either. I'm sure the board knows that we're not going to sign any top or emerging talent without doing so. We just have to hope they're holding off for the right players (I still think Latrell was the most ideal). Segeyaro is the only player on that list that we could get for value (probably less and closer to minimum wage due to his history).

Last edited:

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Big fat NO 100%.
More cons than pros.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The big problem with polls is that they often only have the two opinions that their creator wants to hear.

I wouldn't have had issues with us offering him a contract. Likewise I wouldn't care if we had discussions about his and our expectations and didn't make a formal offer.

Like Sleeky says it needs a meh option or perhaps a "I'm happy to let the club do what they think is best"

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Is there a David Fifita option?

maybe the people from within the club pursuing latrell and those that didn’t want him couldn’t come to a compromise or price?

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Is there a David Fifita option?

maybe the people from within the club pursuing latrell and those that didn’t want him couldn’t come to a compromise or price?
I’d take that option

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah but latrell was offended at 800k and he thinks his a million dollar player.
Exactly this. The Rorters offered him $800k for2 years...so we would of looked a tad silly offering him $700k now wouldnt we.

Having said that, of course we should consider every player on the market that fits our needs and if in the market price range offer him a contract. No harm doing that. But Mitchell has a higher opinion of himself than is warranted... little surprising since he has Mundine as an adviser. So we decided we didnt want to be "in the market" for him...ie over $800kpa for him as we dont think hes worth that.

History will prove us right. Hes not worth more than $800k. a year. Tedesco, Keary, Munster, Ponga, W Graham, D Cook, Murray, Haas, D Fifita, yes. Mitchell No.