Should the Dogs have made an "official offer" (as in ANY offer) to Mitchell

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Just whinge about everything FFS

cut and paste

I requested someone else to do this but it hasn't happened so here goes and I hope I'm doing this correctly.

Assuming Andrew Hill was telling the truth when he said the Dogs wouldn't be making an official offer to Mitchell do you believe yes or no the club should have made some kind of "official" offer ?.

A previous poll on here asked if we should have offered a "10 year" contract. Although I wanted the club to pursue Mitchell personally I voted no in that one simply because I didn't think we should offer ANYONE a decade long contact (too much risk if seriously injured etc) but for 3 to-5 years max then yes for me

For every post I read on here from fans wanting the club to sign Mitchell there's another one saying he is a waste of space so here's your chance to see what the majority think. No stipulation on price or length - just do you believe the club should have put in some kind of offer ?

If this poll gets a decent number of votes and the YES votes win as I suspect can someone (else) please send it to the club PLEASE. You never know they might be slightly interested in what a few hundred fans / members think :O)

No need to whinge or comment about this. Just please vote one way or the other.
Who cares though, there is a reason no one else wanted to make this thread. Latrell isn't coming, a few people clicking "yes" on a poll aren't going to change that.

When the 10 year thread was started it was because at the time signing Latrell seemed like an actual possibility, its done now so let it be.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Exactly and you gauge a players interest. If he’s not keen it’s no point wasting time and effort on an official offer when you could be chasing other players
Truth be told we don’t even know if we did table an offer or it’s all media rubbish.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What’s the point of making a official offer, when obviously there have been discussions with him that have broken down for what ever reason they may be.
but it's possible they could have broken down because our board couldn't agree on a price to offer (as reported in multiple publications) so if that's true then it's like amateur hour and it shouldn't have prevented some offer

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
but it's possible they could have broken down because our board couldn't agree on a price to offer (as reported in multiple publications) so if that's true then it's like amateur hour and it shouldn't have prevented some offer
Why is it amateur hour because they didn’t want to pay 1mill+ for him?

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Truth be told we don’t even know if we did table an offer or it’s all media rubbish.
Andrew Hill released a press statement saying we wouldn't be making an offer. If we got one director to pass on a message but didn't make it official what does that say about our management

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why is it amateur hour because they didn’t want to pay 1mill+ for him?
How do you know it had to be a MIL then or now ? Why didn't the club offer 850K or whatever and if he didn't take it simply say we made a competitive offer but Mitchell rejected it. Then fans would be much cooler with it than no offer at all. Just gives the impression they couldn't be bothered getting off their arse or agreeing to a price maybe

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Andrew Hill released a press statement saying we wouldn't be making an offer. If we got one director to pass on a message but didn't make it official what does that say about our management
Andrew hill also went to England twice for a holiday wink wink.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
That they aren’t reckless morons like our previous management?

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
How do you know it had to be a MIL then or now ?
You think he is going to leave the premier team in the Comp that offered him 800k to come and play for a team that’s on the bottom of the ladder for a extra 50k. Do you think about things before you write them?

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
How do you know it had to be a MIL then or now ? Why didn't the club offer 850K or whatever and if he didn't take it simply say we made a competitive offer but Mitchell rejected it. Then fans would be much cooler with it than no offer at all. Just gives the impression they couldn't be bothered getting off their arse or agreeing to a price maybe
So say they had a chat to Latrell and we said we will offer you $900k to come over and he said no then what’s the point in making it official when he’s going to reject it again. It’s just wasting the club’s time and resources.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I couldn't care less if it counts. With all due respect this whole thread and poll is a waste of space
If a few hundred fans thought the club should have done something different they may listen. I know many on here complain I'm wasting my time but it's my time isn't it ?. Many many large and small businesses change their strategies each and every day based on client feedback. I'll never give up hope that fans can have some influence over an elected board of directors - IF they wish to keep their positions anyway

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Someone get Brad a signed Latrell Mitchell glove, some vas and tissues

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
If a few hundred fans thought the club should have done something different they may listen. I know many on here complain I'm wasting my time but it's my time isn't it ?. Many many large and small businesses change their strategies each and every day based on client feedback. I'll never give up hope that fans can have some influence over an elected board of directors - IF they wish to keep their positions anyway
Again your throwing useless words. You are saying if they want to keep their positions.
Ok let’s say you get your way and they stand down, or what ever. Who do you have in mind to replace them?

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So say they had a chat to Latrell and we said we will offer you $900k to come over and he said no then what’s the point in making it official when he’s going to reject it again. It’s just wasting the club’s time and resources.
I think that would be classed as an official offer and then the club couldn't come out and say they weren't doing it because Mitchell could then call them liars in public. Also if that's how our club goes about offering 900K deals (at the house of a director, no tour of the club facilities etc) I'd be very surprised and disappointed in our poor backyard management. What's the big secret with all the sneaking around ?

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Someone get Brad a signed Latrell Mitchell glove, some vas and tissues
Yeah and I'll pay for you to have a threesome with Holland and Montoya. You can be the meat in the sandwich

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think that would be classed as an official offer and then the club couldn't come out and say they weren't doing it because Mitchell could then call them liars in public. Also if that's how our club goes about offering 900K deals (at the house of a director, no tour of the club facilities etc) I'd be very surprised and disappointed in our poor backyard management. What's the big secret with all the sneaking around ?
An official offer is when a contract is tabled to sign as far as I’m concerned the rest is cutting out all the bullshit to reach that point. You don’t get it do you? It’s in the clubs best interest to keep all their negotiations a secret. Any company or business worth it’s salt does things this way.