POLL on if Dogs should have made an official offer to Mitchell

Should the Dogs have made an "official offer" (as in ANY offer) to Mitchell

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I requested someone else to do this but it hasn't happened so here goes and I hope I'm doing this correctly.

Assuming Andrew Hill was telling the truth when he said the Dogs wouldn't be making an official offer to Mitchell do you believe yes or no the club should have made some kind of "official" offer ?.

A previous poll on here asked if we should have offered a "10 year" contract. Although I wanted the club to pursue Mitchell personally I voted no in that one simply because I didn't think we should offer ANYONE a decade long contact (too much risk if seriously injured etc) but for 3 to-5 years max then yes for me

For every post I read on here from fans wanting the club to sign Mitchell there's another one saying he is a waste of space so here's your chance to see what the majority think. No stipulation on price or length - just do you believe the club should have put in some kind of offer ?

If this poll gets a decent number of votes and the YES votes win as I suspect can someone (else) please send it to the club PLEASE. You never know they might be slightly interested in what a few hundred fans / members think :O)

No need to whinge or comment about this. Just please vote one way or the other.

Last edited:

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seriously Brad?
Like I said I didn't want to be the one who did this because of criticism and I asked for someone else to do this in 2 separate existing threads. I'm just sick of reading all the arguments about it from those for and against the idea so I'm really curious to see what most fans believe.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fuck me is making a new thread part of your daily routine.
Just whinge about everything FFS

cut and paste

I requested someone else to do this but it hasn't happened so here goes and I hope I'm doing this correctly.

Assuming Andrew Hill was telling the truth when he said the Dogs wouldn't be making an official offer to Mitchell do you believe yes or no the club should have made some kind of "official" offer ?.

A previous poll on here asked if we should have offered a "10 year" contract. Although I wanted the club to pursue Mitchell personally I voted no in that one simply because I didn't think we should offer ANYONE a decade long contact (too much risk if seriously injured etc) but for 3 to-5 years max then yes for me

For every post I read on here from fans wanting the club to sign Mitchell there's another one saying he is a waste of space so here's your chance to see what the majority think. No stipulation on price or length - just do you believe the club should have put in some kind of offer ?

If this poll gets a decent number of votes and the YES votes win as I suspect can someone (else) please send it to the club PLEASE. You never know they might be slightly interested in what a few hundred fans / members think :O)

No need to whinge or comment about this. Just please vote one way or the other.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Well I think everyone will agree to yes we should’ve made an offer but not for a mill.
If he played consistently week in week out then I’ll be happy to pay a mill for him.

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
What’s the point of making a official offer, when obviously there have been discussions with him that have broken down for what ever reason they may be.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I think everyone will agree to yes we should’ve made an offer but not for a mill.
If he played consistently week in week out then I’ll be happy to pay a mill for him.
But we can't say 100% we would have had to pay a MIL a season if it's true the Roosters only offered 800K so that's why I don't want to stipulate a figure. Many on here just believe we should have put in a "competitive" offer and if he didn't accept it then fine we tried our best but better to try something than not try at all.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
But we can't say 100% we would have had to pay a MIL a season if it's true the Roosters only offered 800K so that's why I don't want to stipulate a figure. Many on here just believe we should have put in a "competitive" offer and if he didn't accept it then fine we tried our best but better to try something than not try at all.
Yeah but latrell was offended at 800k and he thinks his a million dollar player.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Yeah but latrell was offended at 800k and he thinks his a million dollar player.
Exactly and you gauge a players interest. If he’s not keen it’s no point wasting time and effort on an official offer when you could be chasing other players