Foran to retire !

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We just need to get 2021 right. A lot of people probably don't like writing of a season - anything can happen tho. We don't want to buy to be slightly better in 2020 when there're better options available.
Its not writing off a season though.. Its building for the next and then some.

Most should just enjoy the theatre of being a sneaky underdog and moulding the team for the future...

There is definitely something brewing.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Josh Reynolds? We'd have to take him for two years minimum - remaining length of his current Tigers contract. We're also allowing Tigers to have more money available to steal our targets for 2021. If we didn't sign Katoa I would of liked him back as a 14 and if he impressed (similar to Benji going back to the Tigers) possibly a starting spot. I think that ship has sailed now tho. We also have to play Wakeham otherwise he isn't going to resign and I still think Lewis is our best Half (not including Foran).
We need an experienced half if foran goes. Reynolds was actually good when he played this yr. Still think he has value

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Its not writing off a season though.. Its building for the next and then some.

Most should just enjoy the theatre of being a sneaky underdog and moulding the team for the future...

There is definitely something brewing.
When I say writing off I mean realistically not making the eight. Anything is possible tho even with what we have. I'd think after our recruitment and going into 2021 we'll be expected to make the eight (similar to the Knights this season - hopefully not the same outcome). Trust me I go into every game with hope that we'll win (regardless if it's the Roosters, Storm, etc) but I always have realistic expectations going into the game too.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
We need an experienced half if foran goes. Reynolds was actually good when he played this yr. Still think he has value
Reynolds has played less games than Foran in the last two seasons. Maybe Josh should do the right thing by the Tigers and retire also?

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
When I say writing off I mean realistically not making the eight. Anything is possible tho even with what we have. I'd think after our recruitment and going into 2021 we'll be expected to make the eight (similar to the Knights this season - hopefully not the same outcome). Trust me I go into every game with hope that we'll win (regardless if it's the Roosters, Storm, etc) but I always have realistic expectations going into the game too.
As long as we are challenging for the 8 come 6 wks left anything can happen as we saw last season so realistically we are a chance considering we have recruited well and plenty of players from last year are looking for break out seasons.

We just need to get a good start, have players in the right spots and hope they do their job. No excuses for Pay and co to not know where everyone goes by now.

BULLDVGS

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Look harder
Why do people bother replying like this.

Dumb.

There is 0 confirmation, I looked. The media have been beating this Foran retiring bullshit on and off for years. And there's never been confirmation and it definitely has never happened.

Again, dud reply.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Why do people bother replying like this.

Dumb.

There is 0 confirmation, I looked. The media have been beating this Foran retiring bullshit on and off for years. And there's never been confirmation and it definitely has never happened.

Again, dud reply.
Look a bit harder and you will find it. Try squinting

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
His father was the CEO of the Walmart corporation for something like 15 years,he recently stood Down from the post,with a 30 million payout &and another 10 million in company stocks and bonds,but how often have mmm been right ?
He’s now running Air New Zealand

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
As it's the same shoulder which had a reco previously I doubt we'd get his salary wiped off the cap, though if Surgess gets it then we may also.
We'd definately get the 350k rep injury compensation should he not play before round 13, which is highly likely.
Either way, rep bonus compensation would be cleared before medical retirement in the unlikely event it's approved. If it's approved further into the season than happy days. We can front load contracts and get another midseason signing.
So, in my opinion the best path forward is to start rehabing Foran, get the 350k and bring in a like for like replacement such as Croft.
If Foran needs to retire and it's a medical retirement it's announced after round 13, we have 3 weeks to sign up a decent centre, and if money left is over then front load some existing contracts and as bigger war chest for 2021.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
As it's the same shoulder which had a reco previously I doubt we'd get his salary wiped off the cap, though if Surgess gets it then we may also.
We'd definately get the 350k rep injury compensation should he not play before round 13, which is highly likely.
Either way, rep bonus compensation would be cleared before medical retirement in the unlikely event it's approved. If it's approved further into the season than happy days. We can front load contracts and get another midseason signing.
So, in my opinion the best path forward is to start rehabing Foran, get the 350k and bring in a like for like replacement such as Croft.
If Foran needs to retire and it's a medical retirement it's announced after round 13, we have 3 weeks to sign up a decent centre, and if money left is over then front load some existing contracts and as bigger war chest for 2021.
The nrl have changed it where in gilletts case not sure about burgess but in some cases even if insurer wont cover it nrl approves it not to count in cap foran isnt much different to gillett constant injuries

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, but you’re missing the main difference:

Foran is a Bulldogs player.