The "R U OK ?" Thread

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Sometimes I wish I had a couple of clones so I could make everyone around me happy.

It feels like everyone wants a piece of me.
My mum wants me to spend time with het.
Then my girlfriend wants me to spend time with her.

Ive mentioned before my mum doesn't like any of the women I involve myself with so I have to lie to her about what I'm doing so she doesn't get upset.

What the fuck is wrong with my mum?
Why doesn't she ever like any of my girlfriends?

Oh then last time I was with my girlfriend I had to listen to her crying about her body shape.

I told her she is beautiful the way she looks and doesn't need to change anything about herself.

The last 2 days my mum has been doing the same as my girlfriend bitching about her body shape and how she wants to lose weight.

Seriously,women, I don't know too many guys out there who are attracted to toothpicks and broom sticks?

Banned
Reaction score
I've a simple solution, pretend you're gay!
Your Mum will never bug you about what girls you bring home ever again.
Your girl will be ecstatic that she 'converted' you and never worry about you looking at another girl again.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I've a simple solution, pretend you're gay!
Your Mum will never bug you about what girls you bring home ever again.
Your girl will be ecstatic that she 'converted' you and never worry about you looking at another girl again.
That could backfire badly if the lady in question asks for a threesome with a bisexual fellow.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The fires that are currently raging on the mid north coast are taking a toll both physically and mentally. Try explaining to your kids that we may have to pack up and leave with little warning, taking the bare basics with us. Sleeping is disturbed and the constant reminder of the issue with the skies a dirty colour and the stench of burnt bush land is draining. I live in an area where there is one road in/out and the only other option in the case of evacuation is to the water which in itself can be fraught with danger. We have a plan in place and water buckets etc. strategically placed if needed. A small esky with important papers and some food and water ready to pick up and go.

Now I am not complaining, because we are currently safe and have not suffered loss of house or possessions but it is about time the bleeding heart greenies took a quick reality check and realised that back burning properly conducted and at the right time might just have made this current mess a little less deadly and a lot more palatable. They are concerned for habitat etc. loss of animal life,,,well let me tell you plenty of that is happening right now and at a worse rate because of their no burning policy.....The fire activity of the last few weeks has been unprecedented and the worst on record and all the warnings disregarded.

I have seen first hand the faces of those impacted by the fires, friends and strangers alike and the sobering reality of just how close some of those fires came to houses, businesses and schools. Local fire fighters are exhausted and running on empty, calls are going out to the general public to help out with water and non perishables for them to take out as they fight the fire. Thank God for these brave men and women who do this dirty work out of a sense of public duty and care for their fellow man. Shame on those who cannot think beyond that.
Yes, we chose to live where we live, most do so some may say don't have an opinion on it.

I hope that all my fellow kennellers are well and safe. Keep your loved ones close and remember that real life can be impacted at any time.

Banned
Reaction score
A friend is active in wildlife rescue.
They're oft the forgotten face of adversity in/after a fire.

Totally agree that the greens and their policies have a lot to answer for considering how much worse uncontrolled fire is on the landscape, ie their habitat!
And if they were serious about it, they would shame their precious aboriginal minority for the environmental terrorism they performed, that turned tropical and sub-tropical lands into the scrub we have now, which is reliant upon fire to germinate!

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don't think the Greenies or the Greens actually get a big say in policy decisions regarding backburning. It's not like they have a big say in policy decisions with the few seats they've held. Methinks the government is probably deflecting blame their way if they can though.

My sister has been on the evacuation ready list for the best part of this week too. Hope you get through this all ok Dogluva.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
The fires that are currently raging on the mid north coast are taking a toll both physically and mentally. Try explaining to your kids that we may have to pack up and leave with little warning, taking the bare basics with us. Sleeping is disturbed and the constant reminder of the issue with the skies a dirty colour and the stench of burnt bush land is draining. I live in an area where there is one road in/out and the only other option in the case of evacuation is to the water which in itself can be fraught with danger. We have a plan in place and water buckets etc. strategically placed if needed. A small esky with important papers and some food and water ready to pick up and go.

Now I am not complaining, because we are currently safe and have not suffered loss of house or possessions but it is about time the bleeding heart greenies took a quick reality check and realised that back burning properly conducted and at the right time might just have made this current mess a little less deadly and a lot more palatable. They are concerned for habitat etc. loss of animal life,,,well let me tell you plenty of that is happening right now and at a worse rate because of their no burning policy.....The fire activity of the last few weeks has been unprecedented and the worst on record and all the warnings disregarded.

I have seen first hand the faces of those impacted by the fires, friends and strangers alike and the sobering reality of just how close some of those fires came to houses, businesses and schools. Local fire fighters are exhausted and running on empty, calls are going out to the general public to help out with water and non perishables for them to take out as they fight the fire. Thank God for these brave men and women who do this dirty work out of a sense of public duty and care for their fellow man. Shame on those who cannot think beyond that.
Yes, we chose to live where we live, most do so some may say don't have an opinion on it.

I hope that all my fellow kennellers are well and safe. Keep your loved ones close and remember that real life can be impacted at any time.
Praying for you and your family and neighbours mama.

God forbid if you do have to evacuate please let me know ASAP as we have a self contained cabin that sleeps 7 at The Entrance that you can use as long as you need.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Praying for you and your family and neighbours mama.

God forbid if you do have to evacuate please let me know ASAP as we have a self contained cabin that sleeps 7 at The Entrance that you can use as long as you need.
This......this is what is great about people. The willingness to look after and help out in times of trouble. God bless you my friend.

Thank you for your kind offer; it is deeply appreciated, thankfully and but for the grace of God, we are safe at this point in time. There are many who are not so fortunate and the outpouring of love and willingness to help restores my faith in human nature. It is really sad to see the stress and edginess of those around us and I have heard many stories over the last week that make me want to just cry. Holding onto family really helps and the thoughtfulness and concern shown by those not even involved in this madness is a blessing and greatly appreciated. So many stories of those going above and beyond to help their neighbours and even people that they don't know with just a kind word , an offer of a place to stay, clothing, or a hug is just so great.

I still shudder at the firestorm that I saw in a vulnerable area of town which moved in the blink of an eye. One minute the bush was there...the very next gone in a wall of flame and a covering of thick black smoke. Flames leaping 30 metres high in the tree tops and towering over buildings.Standing in the car park of Maccas watching the planes and helicopters dropped their loads of fire retardant and water to try and stop the fire front spreading. We are just so lucky that there was not loss of life or property where we are.It is not a thing I want to repeat in a hurry. We ended up at Maccas because we had to get away from the main fire area which was right near the bus depot where we were waiting for our daughter to come home from school. We rang ahead to her and asked her to get the bus driver to detour from the depot and leave her a bit further out where we could safely get her.He wasn't coming back there anyway as after I alerted the staff in the depot they called their drivers to let them know what was happening.

At Maccas hubby asked a lady who was very shaken if she was okay. She was not. Her home was right on the corner of the street opposite a bush reserve which had caught fire . She had but time to pick up her dog and her bag and get out to safety but once again a tale of someone helping out. A young bloke pulled up outside her house in a car and told her to get in and he drove her to Maccas quite a few kilometres out of the fires path away to safety. We spoke at length and thankfully a relative who had learned of the issue called her and arranged to pick her up and take her to their place because really she did not know if her house was still standing. I asked where she lived and said that if things were good I would call in and see her. I did that on Friday and thankfully her home was okay. That is not the end of it though as she asked me to step out into her back yard with her and what I saw defied belief. She lived right on the corner and subsequently her back fence went down and around her property. The corner post was charred and blackened random palings missing and the stench of smoke was overpowering. The firies had stopped the flames that close to her house and ensured that they left on the sprinkler to at least help stop a flare up. Her neighbour behind her was equally lucky as her whole back yard and fence clothes line etc were completely incinerated and without a word of a lie that blackening stopped less than a foot from the back of the house. The awning over the back door was a twisted mess melted by the heat of the fire. I saw this in other parts as well where fires appeared to stop right up at the house and random blackened patches showed where spot fires had peeled of from the main front. Here and there smoldering logs lay as all that was left of the vegetation on the ground. It was weird really because I had never actually thought what the ground would look like under all the usual vegetation and leaf litter.

Do you know what makes me so angry? It has been reported that the reason that this particular fire started in town was due to the criminal action of a few young people who had stolen a car and then decided the best way to hide their crime was to try and burn the evidence? Are you kidding me? What is this world coming to??? What sort of punishment should be levelled at them? Do they even realise the stupidity of their actions? I hope that they see and take in what has happened and realise that doing what they did could have been so much worse.

I send prayers and love to those in Queensland and further north in NSW who have lost everything and I really am hoping that the exhausted men and women on the front line who have become the heroes in all of this are safe and well. We have a local rural fire brigade here where I live and at the moment they are getting a bit of a break only because with the issues that they are anticipating arising in the next few days can mean that even here, or in town, fires that were previously snuffed out can quite easily reignite given the wrong conditions and we need those people here as our front line of defence. A nervous wait over the next few days for sure...

Southie is one I am thinking of because the forecast for the Central Coast is not too crash hot over the next few days either.What has been described as catastrophic and a level above what we have experienced here. Plenty of dry tinderbox material lying around after a prolonged dry spell is a recipe for disaster as we have quickly found out here. Today is hot and still a precursor to what is to come over the next two days. That is when people will need all the prayers possible. South of heaven you need to stay safe brother.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Speaking of fires, they are shutting down my kids school tomorrow and I'm in Blacktown.

We got a catastrophic rating for tomorrow.

Be safe everyone!

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
This......this is what is great about people. The willingness to look after and help out in times of trouble. God bless you my friend.

Thank you for your kind offer; it is deeply appreciated, thankfully and but for the grace of God, we are safe at this point in time. There are many who are not so fortunate and the outpouring of love and willingness to help restores my faith in human nature. It is really sad to see the stress and edginess of those around us and I have heard many stories over the last week that make me want to just cry. Holding onto family really helps and the thoughtfulness and concern shown by those not even involved in this madness is a blessing and greatly appreciated. So many stories of those going above and beyond to help their neighbours and even people that they don't know with just a kind word , an offer of a place to stay, clothing, or a hug is just so great.

I still shudder at the firestorm that I saw in a vulnerable area of town which moved in the blink of an eye. One minute the bush was there...the very next gone in a wall of flame and a covering of thick black smoke. Flames leaping 30 metres high in the tree tops and towering over buildings.Standing in the car park of Maccas watching the planes and helicopters dropped their loads of fire retardant and water to try and stop the fire front spreading. We are just so lucky that there was not loss of life or property where we are.It is not a thing I want to repeat in a hurry. We ended up at Maccas because we had to get away from the main fire area which was right near the bus depot where we were waiting for our daughter to come home from school. We rang ahead to her and asked her to get the bus driver to detour from the depot and leave her a bit further out where we could safely get her.He wasn't coming back there anyway as after I alerted the staff in the depot they called their drivers to let them know what was happening.

At Maccas hubby asked a lady who was very shaken if she was okay. She was not. Her home was right on the corner of the street opposite a bush reserve which had caught fire . She had but time to pick up her dog and her bag and get out to safety but once again a tale of someone helping out. A young bloke pulled up outside her house in a car and told her to get in and he drove her to Maccas quite a few kilometres out of the fires path away to safety. We spoke at length and thankfully a relative who had learned of the issue called her and arranged to pick her up and take her to their place because really she did not know if her house was still standing. I asked where she lived and said that if things were good I would call in and see her. I did that on Friday and thankfully her home was okay. That is not the end of it though as she asked me to step out into her back yard with her and what I saw defied belief. She lived right on the corner and subsequently her back fence went down and around her property. The corner post was charred and blackened random palings missing and the stench of smoke was overpowering. The firies had stopped the flames that close to her house and ensured that they left on the sprinkler to at least help stop a flare up. Her neighbour behind her was equally lucky as her whole back yard and fence clothes line etc were completely incinerated and without a word of a lie that blackening stopped less than a foot from the back of the house. The awning over the back door was a twisted mess melted by the heat of the fire. I saw this in other parts as well where fires appeared to stop right up at the house and random blackened patches showed where spot fires had peeled of from the main front. Here and there smoldering logs lay as all that was left of the vegetation on the ground. It was weird really because I had never actually thought what the ground would look like under all the usual vegetation and leaf litter.

Do you know what makes me so angry? It has been reported that the reason that this particular fire started in town was due to the criminal action of a few young people who had stolen a car and then decided the best way to hide their crime was to try and burn the evidence? Are you kidding me? What is this world coming to??? What sort of punishment should be levelled at them? Do they even realise the stupidity of their actions? I hope that they see and take in what has happened and realise that doing what they did could have been so much worse.

I send prayers and love to those in Queensland and further north in NSW who have lost everything and I really am hoping that the exhausted men and women on the front line who have become the heroes in all of this are safe and well. We have a local rural fire brigade here where I live and at the moment they are getting a bit of a break only because with the issues that they are anticipating arising in the next few days can mean that even here, or in town, fires that were previously snuffed out can quite easily reignite given the wrong conditions and we need those people here as our front line of defence. A nervous wait over the next few days for sure...

Southie is one I am thinking of because the forecast for the Central Coast is not too crash hot over the next few days either.What has been described as catastrophic and a level above what we have experienced here. Plenty of dry tinderbox material lying around after a prolonged dry spell is a recipe for disaster as we have quickly found out here. Today is hot and still a precursor to what is to come over the next two days. That is when people will need all the prayers possible. South of heaven you need to stay safe brother.
Southy in Japan..he’s a having a great time...I hope someone watching his home..I just asked him..

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Southy in Japan..he’s a having a great time...I hope someone watching his home..I just asked him..
Well he is only an hour away if Mrs Southy needs anything, well about 25 mins in my beast and open her up on the M1. No highway patrol would be able to keep up anyways lol

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Well he is only an hour away if Mrs Southy needs anything, well about 25 mins in my beast and open her up on the M1. No highway patrol would be able to keep up anyways lol
I had a guy in a white holden trying to bully me off the road this morning.

Instead I went into a lunatic rage and overtook 6 or 7 cars in front of me at the intersection of Leightonfield station!

I don't give a fuck how much power anyones car has!
In Sydney peak hour, being caught in traffic with 1000s of half asleep idiots who don't want to drive on or a touch over the posted limit means you may as well be driving a datsun!

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I had a guy in a white holden trying to bully me off the road this morning.

Instead I went into a lunatic rage and overtook 6 or 7 cars in front of me at the intersection of Leightonfield station!

I don't give a fuck how much power anyones car has!
In Sydney peak hour, being caught in traffic with 1000s of half asleep idiots who don't want to drive on or a touch over the posted limit means you may as well be driving a datsun!
Fkn lol can't argue with that bro.

I have a fuck load of power but don't mind the traffic, listening to my 8 cylinder symphony and gettimg a back massage from her rumble is just fine with me.

Nearly had her 3 years now and probably used the radio 5 times lol

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Fkn lol can't argue with that bro.

I have a fuck load of power but don't mind the traffic, listening to my 8 cylinder symphony and gettimg a back massage from her rumble is just fine with me.

Nearly had her 3 years now and probably used the radio 5 times lol
You must love going for 10pm drives?

That would be the best time to get the most out of the beast!

If I owned a V8 I'd shift most Sydney commuters to Newcastle.

Its so not fair for me.
From past drug use I now suffer with a side effect where I rarely feel half asleep!

You'd think it was a blessing?
But its actually a curse.
Nothing worse than feeling fully awake and alert and being stuck behind people who are half asleep!
Especially Asians.
Already bad enough they are horrible drivers.
But if you seen how they drive while half asleep you would appreciate how they drive when they finally wake up properly!

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
You must love going for 10pm drives?

That would be the best time to get the most out of the beast!

If I owned a V8 I'd shift most Sydney commuters to Newcastle.

Its so not fair for me.
From past drug use I now suffer with a side effect where I rarely feel half asleep!

You'd think it was a blessing?
But its actually a curse.
Nothing worse than feeling fully awake and alert and being stuck behind people who are half asleep!
Especially Asians.
Already bad enough they are horrible drivers.
But if you seen how they drive while half aslerp you would appreciate how they drive when they finally wake up properly!
The car loves the cool night's more than I do, she opens her lungs up and breathes the cool clean air lol

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
They say a good man always looks after his lady! Haha
Well both my ladies are loud and angry Lol

One is just cheaper than the other, men with wives/girlfriends know which is more expensive lol

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Well both my ladies are loud and angry Lol

One is just cheaper than the other, men with wives/girlfriends know which is more expensive lol
Oh fuck you don't have to tell me twice that women are expensive.

They say they aren't prostitutes but you can sense their clam opening and leaking the second they spot at least one green note in your wallet!

Try it in the city where hardly anyone uses cash!
I handed a tennar to a Colombian girl for food I purchased in Westfield food court and no word of a lie she went ooooooooooohhhhhhhh like she fell in love with me for handing her a bit of cash!

Banned
Reaction score
Remember that it takes all the volunteer emergency services groups to run the back end of the fire fighting operations.
This is to ensure maximum numbers of qualified and appropriately trained emergency service members are on the front line, while groups like SES fill up the trucks with water, run the communications and administration, manage welfare, inventory, transportation etc.
And please, irrelevant the instruction or which emergency service member is telling you, just follow it or respectfully inquire what options are available beyond that due to mitigating circumstances.
Often we travel hours on end in an uncomfortable vehicle, only to hurry up and wait, before being deployed, all with minimal quality sleep, so a bit of patience and understanding why we're not behaving how you desire us to is greatly appreciated, as we're human too!
It is a group effort, so remember to share the love with all those that volunteer, as it is that spirit which makes this country such a great one :grinning:

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Remember that it takes all the volunteer emergency services groups to run the back end of the fire fighting operations.
This is to ensure maximum numbers of qualified and appropriately trained emergency service members are on the front line, while groups like SES fill up the trucks with water, run the communications and administration, manage welfare, inventory, transportation etc.
And please, irrelevant the instruction or which emergency service member is telling you, just follow it or respectfully inquire what options are available beyond that due to mitigating circumstances.
Often we travel hours on end in an uncomfortable vehicle, only to hurry up and wait, before being deployed, all with minimal quality sleep, so a bit of patience and understanding why we're not behaving how you desire us to is greatly appreciated, as we're human too!
It is a group effort, so remember to share the love with all those that volunteer, as it is that spirit which makes this country such a great one :grinning:
Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your efforts. Know they are appreciated and I hope that you are safe as are all those souls who are fighting hard for us all. It is heating up here on the mid north coast with several old fires re igniting and an emergency warning for Thunderbolts way Bretti. Smoke has been mega thick all day and as the sun pokes its head through the mess it has become very hot indeed. The forecast winds have not yet hit our little village area or the surrounds but we know it will soon.

Packed and ready to go should it be necessary, we are safe for the time being, but also have a plan in place should we have to stay. Vigilant as ever as we know that the embers from those fires can travel many kms from the fire front despite the efforts of all. Will be a long day and night and I pray for all those on the front line.

Everyone, wherever you are be safe, be alert.